Will any non-clown politician be willing to be trump's Running mate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:33:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will any non-clown politician be willing to be trump's Running mate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will any non-absurd politician be willing to accept trump's offer to be vp?
Yes

No, he'll be forced to settle

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Will any non-clown politician be willing to be trump's Running mate?  (Read 244 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 29, 2016, 11:45:41 PM »

what say you?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 12:10:04 AM »

No.
It will be someone bizarre/strange. No one with half a brain, will want to associate themselves with Little-Hands-Drumpf-Fuhrer.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 12:14:02 AM »

I guess it partly depends on your definition of a clown (I would put Carson in that category). But I think Christie, Scott, and Sessions would probably take the job. I also think Cruz, Rubio, and Kasich would all seriously consider it.

The situations aren't 100% comparable (both because of the possibility of a blow-out and because Trump is unacceptable to many Republicans), but Paul Ryan and John Edwards both probably helped their careers by serving on losing national tickets.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 12:16:24 AM »

Scott Brown comes to mind, even though he'd be nothing if not for Martha Coakley.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 12:20:51 AM »

I mean, I would say that any politician who agreed to be Trump's running mate, regardless of whether or not they would qualify as a clown now, would automatically and immediately be re-assessed as a clown for having done so.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 12:22:06 AM »

I mean, I would say that any politician who agreed to be Trump's running mate, regardless of whether or not they would qualify as a clown now, would automatically and immediately be re-assessed as a clown for having done so.

LOL.
Good point.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 12:32:51 AM »

I think it will end up being Sessions, though won't be surprised if Kasich agrees. Otherwise, slim pickings.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 12:33:24 AM »

Depends on who you consider a “clown”.

Probably anyone who’s already endorsed him in the primary (like Chris Christie and Rick Scott) would do it.  As would the folks like Mike Huckabee who haven’t formally endorsed him, yet have praised him so much that they may as well have endorsed him.

Outside of that circle, there are some folks who are at least somewhat kooky, yet not quite in Steve King / Michele Bachmann territory.  Joni Ernst is one option who I was thinking about who might end up high on the list, but I don’t really know about where she fits in the GOP typology to be able to say.  IIRC, she said some weird things during her Senate campaign, like talking about wanting to impeach Obama.  But I don’t remember the details.  If she’s off-center enough that she has no real chance of being on a “normal” national Republican ticket in the future, then I guess she might be an option.  Another female candidate whose name was floated recently is Mary Fallin, and she didn’t categorically rule it out.

On the other hand, the people who are more firmly in the party “mainstream” (like Haley, Rubio, and Walker) presumably wouldn’t agree to be his running mate, no.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies