Clinton: I'm very experienced with men who go 'off the reservation'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:18:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton: I'm very experienced with men who go 'off the reservation'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Clinton: I'm very experienced with men who go 'off the reservation'  (Read 2671 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 05:52:38 PM »

I find it funny when white teenage males on the internet think they know how sexism will resonate with middle aged women.

You do realize that this demographic will most likely vote for Hillary in a general election. Insulting them and calling them racist, sexist and all the above does harm to her campaign. Also no not all Sanders supporters are white Roll Eyes

Uh...nowhere in my post did I mention Sanders or his supporters. It was jfern (ofc) that randomly brought him up out of nowhere.
Clinton is the one who has been playing "the gender card".

I think you completely missed my point. Young white men on the internet do not have a clue how the idea of sexism will resonate with middle aged or older women. This goes for all young white men, whether they support Bernie, Trump, or even Hillary.

These things work both ways.  How do you think men are going to react to Clinton's constant claims of sexism in everything and anything?  Is it possible it will turn them off to voting for her?  Gender gaps work both ways, you know.

Fair point, but I'm pretty sure she's already at rock bottom among those types of men. This election could very well have the biggest gender gap ever.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 05:58:36 PM »

I find it funny when white teenage males on the internet think they know how sexism will resonate with middle aged women.

You do realize that this demographic will most likely vote for Hillary in a general election. Insulting them and calling them racist, sexist and all the above does harm to her campaign. Also no not all Sanders supporters are white Roll Eyes

Uh...nowhere in my post did I mention Sanders or his supporters. It was jfern (ofc) that randomly brought him up out of nowhere.
Clinton is the one who has been playing "the gender card".

I think you completely missed my point. Young white men on the internet do not have a clue how the idea of sexism will resonate with middle aged or older women. This goes for all young white men, whether they support Bernie, Trump, or even Hillary.

These things work both ways.  How do you think men are going to react to Clinton's constant claims of sexism in everything and anything?  Is it possible it will turn them off to voting for her?  Gender gaps work both ways, you know.

Fair point, but I'm pretty sure she's already at rock bottom among those types of men. This election could very well have the biggest gender gap ever.
Many of "those types of men" are idiots who support trump.
Although I don't think that even a majority of men support Trump over Clinton. He is losing in every Demographic group.
He is losing among men and he is losing among whites, so he isn't
doing very well.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 06:04:11 PM »

Can someone explain to me how this message is sexist? I think I'm missing something.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 08:25:29 PM »

I don't see the issue with her comment if you take it the way I interpreted it, which was that she has dealt with non-PC and sexist men before (like Trump). Is Atlas saying that this comment is supposed to hurt her politically?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 09:07:42 PM »

Can someone explain to me how this message is sexist? I think I'm missing something.
It's straw grasping at its worst.
dax00

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2016, 01:30:48 AM »

Hillary has no policy; this kind of stuff - appeals to emotion - is all she has.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2016, 01:35:25 AM »

Hillary has no policy; this kind of stuff - appeals to emotion - is all she has.

This was probably the worst.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/bernie-sanders-kirsten-gillibrand-off-message-222070

And then Hillary went to Pennsylvania to talk up the 2nd amendment. Joke campaign.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2016, 03:40:08 AM »

Welcome to the club. Clinton could say tomorrow that the sun rises from the east and the jfern-like nutjobs, along with their tea party brethren, would find that statement offensive.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2016, 04:14:52 AM »

It sounds like she is talking about Bill Clinton. What other men does she have a lot of experience with who sometimes have behaved badly?

SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2016, 07:12:06 AM »

She does this quite a bit.  This is why I question her judgment. 

And implying that Bill Clinton has gone 'off the reservation' is probably not a very good position to take, is it? Smiley
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2016, 09:56:09 AM »

And implying that Bill Clinton has gone 'off the reservation' is probably not a very good position to take, is it? Smiley

I have little doubt that Hillary Clinton has grown to, in general, hate men.  If a man viewed the opposite gender the way Hillary does, we would call him a misogynist. 

We've had more than one misogynist as President, so the Republic will survive a Hillary Clinton Administration, and so will its male citizens.  I'm not willing to let her off the hook on the issue of her character, however.  She's not someone I'd ever name to MY Cabinet if I were President, as I cannot imaging her being a team player in the positive sense of the term, and I don't look forward to a Hillary Clinton Presidency.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2016, 03:08:50 PM »

I have little doubt that Hillary Clinton has grown to, in general, hate men.  If a man viewed the opposite gender the way Hillary does, we would call him a misogynist. 

This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2016, 03:16:01 PM »

We've had more than one misogynist as President, so the Republic will survive a Hillary Clinton Administration, and so will its male citizens.  I'm not willing to let her off the hook on the issue of her character, however.  She's not someone I'd ever name to MY Cabinet if I were President, as I cannot imaging her being a team player in the positive sense of the term, and I don't look forward to a Hillary Clinton Presidency.

reddit.com/r/theredpill
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2016, 03:18:14 PM »

She sleeps with one of them, so I guess she is experienced with creepy men who treat women like property.

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2016, 03:21:49 PM »

Am I the one only who saw this quote immediately thought of... you know, that kind of reservation? Before I saw the full quote, I thought she was referring to how much experience she has with Native American men...
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2016, 03:36:06 PM »

May I inquire as to how you arrived at that conclusion?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2016, 04:08:06 PM »

Am I the one only who saw this quote immediately thought of... you know, that kind of reservation? Before I saw the full quote, I thought she was referring to how much experience she has with Native American men...

Native American men aren't exactly her best demographic.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2016, 06:15:39 PM »

I guess you can back that assertion with evidence like you usually do.
Not.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2016, 06:54:51 PM »

Not.

Hillary failed viability in Alaska's 40th House district. Not a good showing for her.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2016, 07:19:05 PM »

Not.

Hillary failed viability in Alaska's 40th House district. Not a good showing for her.

And she won in a landslide the Native American heavy counties in Arizona. I think that's a bit more conclusive.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2016, 08:08:15 PM »

Not.

And she won in a landslide the Native American heavy counties in Arizona. I think that's a bit more conclusive.

It's like some people don't realize that primaries are almost always higher turnout and therefore more representative than caucuses.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2016, 08:13:51 PM »

Not.

It's like some people don't realize that primaries are almost always higher turnout and therefore more representative than caucuses.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies