Kaine doesnt want Veep (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:30:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kaine doesnt want Veep (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kaine doesnt want Veep  (Read 1161 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 29, 2016, 07:57:24 PM »

“Kaine doesn’t want Veep”

Please be serious.  If you read what he said, it’s practically the opposite of what you’re suggesting, as I explained in the VP denials thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=234526.msg5045636#msg5045636

Kaine here says things like “I love my job and I’m not looking for another one.”  “I have a great feeling that…I’m going to be sitting with the other senators.”

On what planet is that a statement that he doesn’t want to be VP?  Everyone says that they love their current job and are not looking for another one.  Nowhere does he rule out wanting to be VP.  If he actually said “I will not accept any offer to be vice president, and I would refuse to participate in the vetting process”, that would be meaningful, but his words here actually betray the fact that he’s eager to be picked for VP.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 01:53:49 AM »

There's no way to know if this is legit or just for the papers.

Again, read what he actually said.  All he said is that he likes his current job, and that he doesn't think he's going to be vice president.  That's just the standard boilerplate non-denial that every single one of the prospective VP contenders gives.  All indications are that Kaine is absolutely up for being Clinton's running mate.  That's been clear ever since he gave his super early "pre-endorsement" of Clinton before she even entered the race.

If Kaine wanted to take himself out of the veepstakes for real, he could give a much stronger statement, like "I would decline any offer to take a spot on the ticket" or "I would not participate in the vetting process, since I don't want the job."  He won't say anything like that, because he *does* want the job.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies