Have you ever submitted a BS assignment because you knew you'd pass the class? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:59:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever submitted a BS assignment because you knew you'd pass the class? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Meaning even if you got a 0 you'd still get a C, B, or A?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Have you ever submitted a BS assignment because you knew you'd pass the class?  (Read 1983 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 29, 2016, 09:11:36 PM »

Plenty of times, usually only if another class where I needed to boost my grade (Math classes, I'm looking at you) , or I found the assignment and the professor's demands to be BS from the start.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 03:12:01 PM »

I would love grading papers! I don't think I've ever heard a professor complain about that. Why do it if you don't love it?

Have you yourself ever done it? And what kind-hearted teachers have you met?

I had TA experience back in High School, and I gotta tell ya' grading those quizzes and tests was the absolute worst part. Trying to make out the handwriting, the questionable dirt on some papers, the bizarre number of scoring systems to keep track of, the disorganized kid who turns in things really late,....yuck.

This TA time was also for just my final semester, I can imagine dealing with all this crap for years would really dampen an opinion.

And this is coming from someone who literally is going to Grad School to teach.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies