Have you ever submitted a BS assignment because you knew you'd pass the class? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:20:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever submitted a BS assignment because you knew you'd pass the class? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Meaning even if you got a 0 you'd still get a C, B, or A?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Have you ever submitted a BS assignment because you knew you'd pass the class?  (Read 1990 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« on: April 29, 2016, 08:43:33 PM »

I'm actually pretty curious about this, have you ever done this before. I have only done it ONCE and regretted it even though I got a B overall in the class.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 09:09:12 PM »

I aim to maximize my GPA for employment and grad school reasons, so I try to get as close to an A as I can, multiplied by six.

I try to as well, but once I literally rage quit an assignment after spending a month on it and not going anywhere with it, and this was this semester.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 09:17:21 PM »

I aim to maximize my GPA for employment and grad school reasons, so I try to get as close to an A as I can, multiplied by six.

I try to as well, but once I literally rage quit an assignment after spending a month on it and not going anywhere with it, and this was this semester.

I mean, I often give up on papers before they're "perfect" in my--or my professors' eyes--and there are always assignment produced below the optimal level of quality, but I try to do it within a certain margin of "likely to produce an acceptable result".

Yeah, I try to put a lot of effort into my assignments and got 100's or 90's on all of them, but this one I just didn't understand AT ALL and tried to get tutoring help for it and even then it wasn't processing so after spending 2 WEEKS just trying to understand it and applying it to the other 2 WEEKS of working on it, I just suck f[inks] it and turned it into my professor's dropbox and got a 35 on it and got an 89.4% in the class.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 09:56:31 PM »

I mean, I often give up on papers before they're "perfect" in my--or my professors' eyes--and there are always assignment produced below the optimal level of quality, but I try to do it within a certain margin of "likely to produce an acceptable result".

Yeah, I try to put a lot of effort into my assignments and got 100's or 90's on all of them, but this one I just didn't understand AT ALL and tried to get tutoring help for it and even then it wasn't processing so after spending 2 WEEKS just trying to understand it and applying it to the other 2 WEEKS of working on it, I just suck f[inks] it and turned it into my professor's dropbox and got a 35 on it and got an 89.4% in the class.

You're computers, right? I have a friend who takes programming classes to sub for her CIS electives--effing rough; if ya don't get it, you're kinna effed.

Yeah, I SUCK at programming, it's why I chose to go into Networking and Network Security, since the relatively little coding there is simple enough to understand.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 06:59:22 PM »

I had a 100 going into the final in a world religions class freshman year so I didn't even bother spending a minute to study.

What did you end up getting on the final?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 06:23:04 PM »

In Calculus 1 I skipped the final test since we were allowed to drop the lowest test grade, and I was fairly certain that even if I did study and took it that it would've been the lowest grade anyway (the others I all got As and Bs on.) Seemed pointless.

They let you drop the final?  Wow.

My college does that too, your lowest grade gets dropped, even if it was the final.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies