Jon Huntsman says the GOP should rally around Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:45:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jon Huntsman says the GOP should rally around Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jon Huntsman says the GOP should rally around Trump  (Read 1112 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2016, 12:29:10 AM »

Hyper-wealthy billionaire says people should support other hyper-wealthy billionaire.

Next in the news: dog bites man.

He's actually "only" worth something like $15M, which is basically your run-of-the-mill member of Congress these days, so nothing to write home about.

Yeah, and most of that is in real estate. He's lived a pretty normal upper middle class life personally.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2016, 01:48:04 AM »

Remember when he said that the Trump debate in 2012 was a "joke" and was the only candidate to not go to Trump Tower? I think Trump gained respect for him due to that, but it's odd.

http://thehill.com/video/campaign/197427-huntsman-debate-moderated-by-trump-is-a-joke-
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 01:51:42 AM »

I agree, the GOP should rally around the one candidate who doesn't have a record of far-right extremist governance.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 02:07:01 AM »

I agree, the GOP should rally around the one candidate who doesn't have a record of far-right extremist governance.

He doesn't have a record at all though, lol
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2016, 02:16:39 AM »

At this point I would even commend them if they rallied around Cruz. I don't agree with Cruz on basically any major issues, but at least he would be capable of handling the duties of the presidency.

I believe the single most important responsibility of a political party is to nominate candidates for president who can actually do the job if elected. I have seen nothing to suggest that Donald Trump meets that criterion. If the Republicans nominate Trump and thus fail at that most basic of functions, then that should disqualify them from being taken seriously as a governing party for a very long time.

And to take that to its logical conclusion, if Trump is somehow elected in November, then we no longer deserve to be taken seriously as a country.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2016, 03:42:23 AM »

At this point I would even commend them if they rallied around Cruz. I don't agree with Cruz on basically any major issues, but at least he would be capable of handling the duties of the presidency.

I believe the single most important responsibility of a political party is to nominate candidates for president who can actually do the job if elected. I have seen nothing to suggest that Donald Trump meets that criterion. If the Republicans nominate Trump and thus fail at that most basic of functions, then that should disqualify them from being taken seriously as a governing party for a very long time.

And to take that to its logical conclusion, if Trump is somehow elected in November, then we no longer deserve to be taken seriously as a country.

Trump does own and mange a billion dollar company and many other endovers.   Cruz has done no such things other than of course shut down the government by grandstanding.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2016, 04:03:21 AM »

He wants SOS so bad
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2016, 07:49:16 AM »

Trump does own and mange a billion dollar company and many other endovers.   Cruz has done no such things other than of course shut down the government by grandstanding.

I highlighted the above quote because it is true, but rarely stated.

I believe that if he weren't "Donald Trump", and we merely listed the qualifications of Trump, and the other candidates, most folks would see Trump as either the most qualified to be President, or one of the most qualified to be President, of the lot running.  Clinton and Kasich would be up there, but who else would be?  Maybe Jeb, Graham, but who else?  Maybe Fiorina, but she's not at Trump's level.

Most of the folks running have resumes that would qualify them for a Cabinet Secretary's job.  Cruz, Rubio, Santorum, Sanders, Huckabee, etc. are really that way.  They don't strike folks as being eminently successful.  Trump's a guy that showed he could make it without the cocoon of the Beltway.  What makes folks think, honestly, that a lot of these folks, and Ted Cruz, in particular, are going to be successful Chief Executives?
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2016, 11:43:28 AM »

I highlighted the above quote because it is true, but rarely stated.

I believe that if he weren't "Donald Trump", and we merely listed the qualifications of Trump, and the other candidates, most folks would see Trump as either the most qualified to be President, or one of the most qualified to be President, of the lot running.  Clinton and Kasich would be up there, but who else would be?  Maybe Jeb, Graham, but who else?  Maybe Fiorina, but she's not at Trump's level.

Most of the folks running have resumes that would qualify them for a Cabinet Secretary's job.  Cruz, Rubio, Santorum, Sanders, Huckabee, etc. are really that way.  They don't strike folks as being eminently successful.  Trump's a guy that showed he could make it without the cocoon of the Beltway.  What makes folks think, honestly, that a lot of these folks, and Ted Cruz, in particular, are going to be successful Chief Executives?

It's not the resume issue. It's that any time Trump has been asked any question about policy he just responds with phrases like "winning" "fantastic" and "good management". He doesn't take what he's doing seriously. That is an enormous problem for me, and should be for everyone else.

Say what you will about Hillary, Bernie, Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, or any of the others, but they understand that the presidency is a difficult job, and that you can't just wing it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies