RINO Tom/Rockefeller GOP v. Santander/Southern Gothic
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:41:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  RINO Tom/Rockefeller GOP v. Santander/Southern Gothic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Who do you vote for?/Who wins?
RINO Tom/RINO Tom

RINO Tom/Santander

Santander/RINO Tom

Santander/Santander

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: RINO Tom/Rockefeller GOP v. Santander/Southern Gothic  (Read 4062 times)
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2016, 09:37:23 PM »

Awful Rockefeller Republican >White supremacist
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2016, 09:55:58 PM »

Probably Tom, but I think Santander would win.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2016, 10:09:25 PM »

Now that I know Santander more, I think I'd vote for Tom.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 01:28:02 PM »

I just had the realization that Tom would win. Santander is a immigrant IIRC. Plus, Santander and I would clash too much to be a viable ticket.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2016, 02:43:09 PM »

I just had the realization that Tom would win. Santander is a immigrant IIRC. Plus, Santander and I would clash too much to be a viable ticket.

Honestly I'm still trying to figure out exactly what tethers Santander to the Democratic party. His posts/views seem more Republican-ish/conservative.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2016, 03:23:47 PM »

Honestly I'm still trying to figure out exactly what tethers Santander to the Democratic party. His posts/views seem more Republican-ish/conservative.

Same thing that ties RINO Tom to the Pubs. Orneriness.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 03:28:13 PM »

I higgly doubt Southern Gothic would want to share a ticket with the other guy.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2016, 03:29:50 PM »

I higgly doubt Southern Gothic would want to share a ticket with the other guy.

I like Santander. I consider a friend and all, but there is no way we would work as a ticket. The fact that I'm going to be engaged to a Black woman may or may not sit well with him. Plus, I'm much more socially moderate than people seem to think.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2016, 04:58:23 PM »

I like Santander. I consider a friend and all, but there is no way we would work as a ticket. The fact that I'm going to be engaged to a Black woman may or may not sit well with him.
Let me assure you, I have absolutely no problem with that. Still, I agree that I'm too much of a culture warrior for us to fit on the same ticket.

It's complicated. Long story short(ish), I once lived a comfortable life as a suburban conservative who attended private schools, but life took a turn for the worse and I ended up with nothing, working blue-collar jobs 60+ hours a week, paying own way through college. I became a union steward, I saw how fragile and difficult life was for so many people and I became committed to workers' rights and organized labor. If it weren't for a union, I would not have been able to support my parents at that age. When I went to business school a few years ago, I was again surrounded by Republicans and I got dragged to the right on just about every issue. I've lived enough years of my adult life among blue-collar folks that I consider myself to be one of them, and I'm a Democrat because I cannot bring myself to identify with a party that busts unions, attacks teachers and deifies "job creators".
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2016, 05:09:40 PM »

because I cannot bring myself to identify with a party that busts unions, attacks teachers and deifies "job creators".

Fair enough Smiley

This was one of the first major issues I had with them years ago when I started focusing on politics more. They almost always come down on the side of businesses. There is a difference, to me, between being pro-business and anti-worker. Nowadays, it does not seem to matter what the issue is, as they can very reliably be expected to side with businesses. Quite frankly, I don't understand how anyone can really say that they are on the side of the working man, especially given their economic policy over the past 25+ years.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2016, 05:15:37 PM »

It's complicated. Long story short(ish), I once lived a comfortable life as a suburban conservative who attended private schools, but life took a turn for the worse and I ended up with nothing, working blue-collar jobs 60+ hours a week, paying own way through college. I became a union steward, I saw how fragile and difficult life was for so many people and I became committed to workers' rights and organized labor. If it weren't for a union, I would not have been able to support my parents at that age. When I went to business school a few years ago, I was again surrounded by Republicans and I got dragged to the right on just about every issue. I've lived enough years of my adult life among blue-collar folks that I consider myself to be one of them, and I'm a Democrat because I cannot bring myself to identify with a party that busts unions, attacks teachers and deifies "job creators".
How socially conservative are you?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2016, 06:01:15 PM »

How socially conservative are you?
I'm basically a paleocon on social issues, but I happen to be moderate on abortion and same-sex marriage. I'd feel very comfortable in a room full of Republicans talking about social issues.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2016, 05:13:49 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2016, 06:26:06 AM by Southern Ignorance and Backwardness »

My deepest apologies. I had just heard rumors that got me worried.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2016, 01:27:53 PM »

My deepest apologies. I had just heard rumors that got me worried.
Everyone right of center has rumours about them on Atlas. I'm a far-right Neo-Nazi 'centrist' who is only sane compared to the Republicans. Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2016, 05:41:06 PM »

Honestly I'm still trying to figure out exactly what tethers Santander to the Democratic party.

He's yet to realize the days of John W. Davis are over.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2016, 05:41:58 PM »

Honestly I'm still trying to figure out exactly what tethers Santander to the Democratic party.

He's yet to realize the days of John W. Davis are over.

He explained himself perfectly well a few posts up, but whatever you say.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2016, 05:51:48 PM »

Sometimes, I wonder if West Virginia didn't become a GOP stronghold in order to troll RINO Tom haha
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2016, 06:55:37 PM »

Sometimes, I wonder if West Virginia didn't become a GOP stronghold in order to troll RINO Tom haha

I fully admit that when I wrote my thread in the Political Geography/Demographics subforum, I had RINO Tom in mind. Tongue
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2016, 11:10:53 PM »

I mean, they probably just got tired of voting for a party that had kept them poor for decades. Wink
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2016, 11:31:55 PM »

I like RINO Tom, so I'll vote for the GOP in this. Santander and So. Gothic are chill too. Don't know Rockefeller Repub well enough to take an opinion.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2016, 12:25:17 AM »

I can't wait to see his reaction when WV is the most Republican state in the country. Smiley
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2016, 10:20:37 AM »

I can't wait to see his reaction when WV is the most Republican state in the country. Smiley

I don't hate entire states of people, so I won't really care and will appreciate how remarkable of a shift the state has made politically and not chalk it up to some lame reason like "it just took them a while to change their registration" or "they were racist conservatives all along!"  WV was a stronghold for progressive economics for a long time, and after it failed the state year after year after year, they're willing to try something different, I guess. Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2016, 11:10:09 AM »

I don't hate entire states of people, so I won't really care and will appreciate how remarkable of a shift the state has made politically and not chalk it up to some lame reason like "it just took them a while to change their registration" or "they were racist conservatives all along!"  WV was a stronghold for progressive economics for a long time, and after it failed the state year after year after year, they're willing to try something different, I guess. Tongue
Do you seriously believe WV has become a GOP state because they find the free marketer part of the GOP programm appealing?

Hahaha
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2016, 11:31:16 AM »

Do you seriously believe WV has become a GOP state because they find the free marketer part of the GOP programm appealing?

Hahaha

If the Crook County RINO wants to know why we REALLY switched parties, he can PM me.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2016, 11:54:08 AM »

It is WAY too important to you guys' self-inflated images of yourselves and your party to believe what you currently do about Southern realignment, and I'm fine with letting you continue to believe that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies