Is the Republican party a racist party?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:53:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is the Republican party a racist party?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 128

Author Topic: Is the Republican party a racist party?  (Read 3432 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2016, 06:19:33 PM »

Saying that all Republicans are racist is equivalent to saying that all Democrats are communists. Grow up.

I actually didn't say that all Republicans are racist but that a majority are. Refusing to see what your party is composed of is pretty silly. Why don't you grow up and accept reality.

You literally think a majority of registered Republicans are actively racist?  K, whatevs.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2016, 06:21:44 PM »

Yes, and it has been since the Dixiecrats started dying off and the parties changed platforms.

I can never tell if you do this as a joke or if you're just that f^cking dumb, LOL.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2016, 01:07:11 AM »

I guess tonight gives us a clearer answer, doesn't it?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2016, 01:12:37 AM »

No

Donald Trump is not a racist and 80% of his supporters aren't either. Trump is still awful though.
No, otherwise I wouldn't be a Republican.

Guys, I understand why you feel like you are Republicans. I also hate paying so much in taxes when much of it is being wasted on public employee unions and endless wars. I want to be able to keep at least some of my FICA taxes to invest in a way of my choosing. I think premium support should be introduced in Medicare and there should be greater cost sharing, especially for those who can afford it. I would be quite content if the Ryan budget was adopted.

That being said I understand I am not a Republican and wouldn't be accepted into the Republican party. I knew this before, but the 2016 election has made it crystal clear. Both of you are not going to be accepted by the Republican rank and file either. That doesn't make you Democrats but you guys just are not Republicans.

Might god you have moved to the right. I seem to recall you being not quite so conservative economically. Wink

I definitely feel I should get to invest my retirement income in the way of my choosing. I don't mind paying some FICA taxes to help the indigent in old age and of course disability insurance. I also think premium support would be a good idea as long as traditional Medicare is allowed to compete. Lastly, I really want an end to all the nonsense in the tax code and just want a lower tax rate in return. I don't want to get subsidized to buy a house, or to pay my state income tax, or any of the other crap built into the tax code. I think the Republicans are more likely to change that but that could just be because they are out of power currently. Lots of entrenched interests there.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2016, 01:16:05 AM »

Saying that all Republicans are racist is equivalent to saying that all Democrats are communists. Grow up.

I actually didn't say that all Republicans are racist but that a majority are. Refusing to see what your party is composed of is pretty silly. Why don't you grow up and accept reality.

You literally think a majority of registered Republicans are actively racist?  K, whatevs.

Donald Trump is the Republican nominee.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2016, 01:52:44 AM »

The fact that sbane can support the Ryan plan and not identify with the Republican Party is telling, isn't it? There are roughly zero racial minorities who are anti-tax zealots like sbane so it makes sense that the GOP faces hurdles with them but surely more than 10% of South Asians should be voting Republican. That is a pathetic figure that speaks volumes about the GOP's current predicament. Anyways, I am disappointed to see that sbane has turned into a "don't taxe me obame" type when we live in one of the lightest taxed developed nations. Sad!
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2016, 02:01:50 AM »

These kinds of Internet comments sum up why many of the self-described "conservatives" in the Republican Party aren't really conservative. They just want to make sure "those people" get put in their place.

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2016, 02:02:10 AM »

The fact that sbane can support the Ryan plan and not identify with the Republican Party is telling, isn't it? There are roughly zero racial minorities who are anti-tax zealots like sbane so it makes sense that the GOP faces hurdles with them but surely more than 10% of South Asians should be voting Republican. That is a pathetic figure that speaks volumes about the GOP's current predicament. Anyways, I am disappointed to see that sbane has turned into a "don't taxe me obame" type when we live in one of the lightest taxed developed nations. Sad!

There is a huge problem with the tax code. There are too many deductions and credits and it screws over those who don't get married, don't have children and don't buy a house. Also, those other developed countries with a higher tax burden have a much less progressive taxation system. If we are to have healthcare and higher education for all, then everyone should chip in. We should have a VAT and a carbon tax and pay for additional social services that way.

Also, I wish Obama could run for a 3rd term. Sad Sad
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2016, 02:04:10 AM »

No

Donald Trump is not a racist and 80% of his supporters aren't either. Trump is still awful though.
No, otherwise I wouldn't be a Republican.

Guys, I understand why you feel like you are Republicans. I also hate paying so much in taxes when much of it is being wasted on public employee unions and endless wars. I want to be able to keep at least some of my FICA taxes to invest in a way of my choosing. I think premium support should be introduced in Medicare and there should be greater cost sharing, especially for those who can afford it. I would be quite content if the Ryan budget was adopted.

That being said I understand I am not a Republican and wouldn't be accepted into the Republican party. I knew this before, but the 2016 election has made it crystal clear. Both of you are not going to be accepted by the Republican rank and file either. That doesn't make you Democrats but you guys just are not Republicans.

Might god you have moved to the right. I seem to recall you being not quite so conservative economically. Wink

I definitely feel I should get to invest my retirement income in the way of my choosing. I don't mind paying some FICA taxes to help the indigent in old age and of course disability insurance. I also think premium support would be a good idea as long as traditional Medicare is allowed to compete. Lastly, I really want an end to all the nonsense in the tax code and just want a lower tax rate in return. I don't want to get subsidized to buy a house, or to pay my state income tax, or any of the other crap built into the tax code. I think the Republicans are more likely to change that but that could just be because they are out of power currently. Lots of entrenched interests there.

No they're not. The GOP, in terms of what it actually does when it controls Congress, basically exists by and for very rich people who live in blue states - they're the ones who bankroll GOP campaigns and they want deductions for their $10M Manhattan townhouse and their high state and local taxes.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2016, 02:06:13 AM »
« Edited: May 04, 2016, 02:07:50 AM by Sbane »

These kinds of Internet comments sum up why many of the self-described "conservatives" in the Republican Party aren't really conservative. They just want to make sure "those people" get put in their place.

Oh yeah. They want their Medicare but if someone with a higher melanin content gets some help, watch out!

Also, regarding the tax code, you may be right. The party out of power can promise more but I doubt Republicans do anything if they actually have power.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2016, 02:08:45 AM »

Fair enough man, I actually agree with you to an extent as far as taxes go. Someone saying they are irritated with the tax code tends to be a shibboleth for terrible political views, hence the criticism I guess. That was unfair of me!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies