Nerd Prom
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:09:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nerd Prom
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nerd Prom  (Read 605 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 30, 2016, 09:47:53 PM »

Obama was funny and the jokes were less canned. Larry Wilmore is bombing, and the press isn't taking his jokes directed at them that well. But the press still suck more than Wilmore's jokes.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 10:07:26 PM »

Obama was fantastic, and I hope this isn't the last that we have seen up standup-Obama. Larry Willmore...uuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhh. Of course he had a few good lines in there, but my goodness he had so many duds.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 10:12:14 PM »

Obama was fantastic, and I hope this isn't the last that we have seen up standup-Obama. Larry Willmore...uuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhh. Of course he had a few good lines in there, but my goodness he had so many duds.
It wasn't his fault. The press was hostile. If you don't kiss their ass, expect them to turn on you. That doesn't change the fact that he wasn't particularly good, but the CNN panel that just panned him was based out of typical Ivory Tower "Higher Calling" bs.

If I were the POTUS, I'd literally skip the event. Simply wouldn't humor these parasites. Or I'd come to personally deliver their one way tickets to Eritrea, of course.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 10:14:47 PM »

Larry Wilmore was always a character actor, it's just for some reason networks continue to try to make him a leading man.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 10:42:04 PM »

Larry Wilmore was always a character actor, it's just for some reason networks continue to try to make him a leading man.
Yeah, I don't really see him lasting long at Comedy Central. He's alright, but I just feel he'll be sacked by the network in favor of a fresher face. 
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 10:59:44 PM »

Obama was, as usual, fantastic. Trump should be very afraid of him on the stump for the general.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 07:26:11 PM »

Obama was, as usual, fantastic. Trump should be very afraid of him on the stump for the general.

Oh god, can you imagine a completely unrestrained Obama with nothing to lose taking it to Trump?  Obama has five years of mockery to unleash on Trump and you know he'll slay.

Wilmore sucked donkey balls.  The legendarily awkward and quiet Colbert speech had way more laughter in actuality than Wilmore's did.  The reason the press didn't like Wilmore's jokes about them isn't that they're full of themselves -- the press gets mocked at this event every year -- it was because they weren't funny.  There wasn't even much of a joke, it was just "Hey, print journalism, you suck.  Oh just kidding, haha I'm just kidding, you're great!"
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 07:42:56 PM »

Yeah, I fell asleep during Willmore's bit, easily the worst of the Obama follow-ups, let alone trying to compete with Cecily Strong, Conan O'Brien, or Seth Meyers.

Obama was still on top of it, great jokes all around, wouldn't be disappointed if he went the way of a TV comedian at all.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 08:17:52 PM »

I feel like Obama is the only one who can get under Trump's skin.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 09:21:23 PM »

Where can I watch this?
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 12:23:32 AM »

The first half of Willmore was alright but the whole "ZODIAC KILLER!" again and again was just cringe/facepalm worthy.

"That Jigaboo said what?" was his best line.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies