IN-NBC/WSJ/Marist: D: Clinton 50% Sanders 46%; R: Trump 49% Cruz 34% Kasich 13%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:44:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  IN-NBC/WSJ/Marist: D: Clinton 50% Sanders 46%; R: Trump 49% Cruz 34% Kasich 13%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: IN-NBC/WSJ/Marist: D: Clinton 50% Sanders 46%; R: Trump 49% Cruz 34% Kasich 13%  (Read 10259 times)
RR1997
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2016, 04:18:20 PM »

Trump has a higher chance of winning New Hampshire than losing Indiana. Smiley

RR1997
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2016, 04:19:47 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2016, 04:21:43 PM by RR1997 »

Or maybe, you know, the GA, NC, MO and UT polls were junk? Clinton is winning IN before she wins MO, UT or GA. Period. Early general election polls are useless as sh*t.

Lol no.

Why would Trump lose Indiana? He's literally the perfect fit for the state (unlike McCain). Indiana is full of low-information rust-belt whites who hate free trade and immigration. Trump is going to get these people to turnout at record levels. Indiana is full of angry men who will love Trump. Clinton is winning Utah, Georgia, and Missouri before she wins Indiana. Clinton is also winning Wyoming and Alabama before she wins Indiana.

Okay, so you're just trolling. Good to know.

Ok, I was joking about Alabama and Wyoming, but I am completely (100%) serious about Utah, Georgia, and Missouri. Trump is literally the perfect fit for Indiana. Indiana will massively trend towards Trump. Why would Trump lose Indiana? His populist message is perfect for this state.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2016, 04:33:07 PM »

Or maybe, you know, the GA, NC, MO and UT polls were junk? Clinton is winning IN before she wins MO, UT or GA. Period. Early general election polls are useless as sh*t.

Lol no.

Why would Trump lose Indiana? He's literally the perfect fit for the state (unlike McCain). Indiana is full of low-information rust-belt whites who hate free trade and immigration. Trump is going to get these people to turnout at record levels. Indiana is full of angry men who will love Trump. Clinton is winning Utah, Georgia, and Missouri before she wins Indiana. Clinton is also winning Wyoming and Alabama before she wins Indiana.

Okay, so you're just trolling. Good to know.
lol, this rings a bell.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2016, 04:39:05 PM »

RR1997's Indiana obsession is as valid as your New Hampshire one.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2016, 04:40:37 PM »

I'm serious about this whole NH thing, though.
So you seriously believe that Hawaii and Vermont are more Democratic than New Hampshire?
RR1997
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2016, 04:45:08 PM »

RR1997's Indiana obsession is as valid as your New Hampshire one.
No.

My obsession with Indiana is not as valid as TNVolunteer's obsession with NH. It is a lot more valid. Obama beat Romney 5 points in NH. Romney beat Obama by 10 points in Indiana. Despite the fact that Trump is down by 8-15 points nationwide, he's still ahead by a lot in Indiana. McCain lost Indiana because he was seen as a RINO by most conservatives there, so they stayed home. Trump should easily win Indiana.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2016, 04:53:24 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2016, 06:13:43 AM by Torie »

It is not the end, but neither is it merely the beginning of the end - it's more like the beginning of the end of the end. My emotion when it comes to the Pub party these days - et tu, Brute? It's metamorphosed my former life form, as if a caterpillar becomes a butterfly. My former habitat has too much of its acreage consigned to a toxic waste dump. It's just not good for me.
HilLarry
Rookie

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2016, 05:00:30 PM »

Sad!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2016, 05:02:53 PM »

Wow!  Looks like the Republican race is finally over.  Will Trump sweep every CD if this result holds?

Nate Silver and Harry Enten must be reeling right now.

Yes, Trump can't get more than 100% of the vote.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2016, 05:05:52 PM »

Early general election polls are useless as sh*t.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2016, 10:40:10 PM »

I'm serious about this whole NH thing, though.
So you seriously believe that Hawaii and Vermont are more Democratic than New Hampshire?

No, just that they're not less likely to vote Republican than NH. The Democrats' margin of victory might be wider in VT and HI, but that doesn't mean that NH is more competitive. Trump has zero appeal among women and liberal college students there. Most of them think he's worse than Hitler and Stalin combined and they will turn out in record setting numbers to prevent him from winning 270 electoral votes. NH will have the biggest gender gap of all states.

Despite the fact that Trump is down by 8-15 points nationwide, he's still ahead by a lot in Indiana. McCain lost Indiana because he was seen as a RINO by most conservatives there, so they stayed home. Trump should easily win Indiana.

Okay, but why did McCain win GA and MO, then? Also, Trump is "only" down 6-7 points and not 8-15 points.
NH is more likely to go red for Trump than PA.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2016, 12:46:47 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2016, 12:58:09 AM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Unless Trump collapses, I feel reasonably good about him winning AZ and GA now (the current demographics will save him, but expedite them trending Dem. If he wins GA could go Democratic in 2018 instead of 2022 of instance).

MO and Indiana actually do fit Trump rather well and I think he likewise wins both. The question will be by what margins. Used to be winning GOP Presidents won Indiana by around 20%. Perhaps MO is the new Indiana of old on that score, I see Trump getting 20% there more easily than in Indiana.

Trump's problem is breaking through to 270.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2016, 01:00:47 AM »

Unless Trump collapses, I feel reasonably good about him winning, AZ and GA now (the current demographics will save him, but expedite them trending Dem. If he wins GA could go Democratic in 2018 instead of 2022 of instance.

MO and Indiana actually do fit Trump rather well and I think he likewise wins both. The question will be by what margins. Used to be winning GOP Presidents won Indiana by around 20%. Perhaps MO is the new Indiana of old on that score, I see Trump getting 20% there more easily than in Indiana.

GA IS NOT GOING DEM ANYTIME SOON.   THIS STATE (EX ATL parts of it) IS STILL VERY REDISH.  Crooked Hillary is the wrong type of candidate anyway.  Bill possibly could.  Grabbing guns and open boarders is a sure way to get whites in rural GA to vote in mass against you.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2016, 01:07:10 AM »

Unless Trump collapses, I feel reasonably good about him winning, AZ and GA now (the current demographics will save him, but expedite them trending Dem. If he wins GA could go Democratic in 2018 instead of 2022 of instance.

GA IS NOT GOING DEM ANYTIME SOON.   THIS STATE (EX ATL parts of it) IS STILL VERY REDISH.  Crooked Hillary is the wrong type of candidate anyway.  Bill possibly could.  Grabbing guns and open boarders is a sure way to get whites in rural GA to vote in mass against you.

... if you're going to write baseless emotion-riddled screeds... probably best to check your spelling.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2016, 01:10:43 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2016, 01:15:33 AM by MK »

... if you're going to write baseless emotion-riddled screeds... probably best to check your spelling.

"Baseless emotion" like the ideal that Georgia is going to be a Hillary state?       

Give me a break.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2016, 05:56:05 AM »

It is not the end, but neither is it merely the beginning of the end - it's more like the beginning of the end of the end. My emotion when it comes to the Pub party these days - et tu, Brute? It's metamorphosed my former life former, as if a caterpillar becomes a butterfly. My former habitat has too much of its acreage consigned to a toxic waste dump. It's just not good for me.

Come on, Torie, it's not that bad. You just haven't given Trump a second chance (yet). Smiley
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2016, 07:44:50 AM »

His analysis of my home state is spot on. Georgia is not going Democrat anytime soon. Hillary! sure as heck is not going to win it. The suburbs are still reliably Republican, offsetting any nonsense in the city of Atlanta and DeKalb county. Rural Georgia is, was and remains Republican.

This holds true including Nathan "crooked" Deal.

The but minorities! meme does not hold water in Georgia at present.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2016, 08:35:14 AM »

His analysis of my home state is spot on. Georgia is not going Democrat anytime soon. Hillary! sure as heck is not going to win it. The suburbs are still reliably Republican, offsetting any nonsense in the city of Atlanta and DeKalb county. Rural Georgia is, was and remains Republican.

This holds true including Nathan "crooked" Deal.

The but minorities! meme does not hold water in Georgia at present.

We posters that actually live here know better.   Ga is strong Republican trumpist type of state outside of certain parts of Atlanta.   Case in point is the never ending fight with getting marta to other parts of the metro... republican controlled house shows zero support and dems aren't strong enough presence locally to get anything done.   Heck AZ might go Hillary before GA Trump would need to have a historic horrible campaign.    Dekalb will go strong for Hillray since they love crooked politicians.
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2016, 09:14:18 AM »

The sexist IN man thing is real
RR1997
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2016, 07:59:49 PM »

Smiley
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2016, 03:01:20 AM »

LOL at the Kasich numbers and the Dem race.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies