Senator Approval Rating among home state voters - Sanders 1st, McConnell last
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:25:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Senator Approval Rating among home state voters - Sanders 1st, McConnell last
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Senator Approval Rating among home state voters - Sanders 1st, McConnell last  (Read 1685 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2016, 04:42:14 PM »

I donated to Grimes' campaign, but ended up voting for McConnell. Coal. Guns. Freedom. Hell yes.

You should really get an R-KY avatar

Yeah really. I don't necessarily mind Dixiecrats who are centrist or even conservative leaning, but what is the point if you're one of the ones who votes straight ticket Republican for everything from president to dog catcher? Or the ones that are right wing on basically every issue but just are too lazy to update their party registration? I mean, voting for Mitch McConnell as a Democrat? What possible excuse can there be for that? It would be like a Republican voting for Nancy Pelosi.

To be fair, the Democrats who vote for Susan Collins and Mark Kirk are also voting for Mitch McConnell. At least Santander is doing it directly rather than indirectly.

Never bought this strange argument.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2016, 04:48:10 PM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 04:51:15 PM »

What's with all the Hillary supporters concerned about Baldwin's 37% disapproval rating when Hillary has a 55% unfavorable rating?
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 08:13:12 PM »

Vermont loves him, that's expected. To everyone else in the country, he's like that eccentric, lovable uncle that rambles on and on forever that you would never trust with the keys to your house.

He's won more than just Vermont.

It must be so repulsive to be an elected official and actually have your constituents overwhelmingly approve of the job you're doing. 
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2016, 08:59:57 PM »

What's with all the Hillary supporters concerned about Baldwin's 37% disapproval rating when Hillary has a 55% unfavorable rating?
The supreme Bernie hack strikes again.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2016, 09:02:17 PM »

Please, stop, Jfern. I have serious doubts you have made a single post this entire election season that doesn't mention Hillary Clinton.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2016, 09:06:03 PM »

Please, stop, Jfern. I have serious doubts you have made a single post this entire election season that doesn't mention Hillary Clinton.

You could have at least checked my most recent post before you posted this.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2016, 09:06:57 PM »

You could have at least checked my most recent post before you posted this.

Okay, so maybe 10 percent of your posts are about topics other than Hillary Clinton. Good for you.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2016, 09:21:43 PM »

Vermont loves him, that's expected. To everyone else in the country, he's like that eccentric, lovable uncle that rambles on and on forever that you would never trust with the keys to your house.

It must be so repulsive to be an elected official and actually have your constituents overwhelmingly approve of the job you're doing. 
That's pretty easy to do when you're a radical leftist in the most liberal state in the country.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2016, 09:27:54 PM »

That's pretty easy to do when you're a radical leftist in the most liberal state in the country.

Hawaii comes to mind.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2016, 10:01:38 PM »

I donated to Grimes' campaign, but ended up voting for McConnell. Coal. Guns. Freedom. Hell yes.

You should really get an R-KY avatar

Yeah really. I don't necessarily mind Dixiecrats who are centrist or even conservative leaning, but what is the point if you're one of the ones who votes straight ticket Republican for everything from president to dog catcher? Or the ones that are right wing on basically every issue but just are too lazy to update their party registration? I mean, voting for Mitch McConnell as a Democrat? What possible excuse can there be for that? It would be like a Republican voting for Nancy Pelosi.

To be fair, the Democrats who vote for Susan Collins and Mark Kirk are also voting for Mitch McConnell. At least Santander is doing it directly rather than indirectly.

Never bought this strange argument.

I don't see what's so strange about it. Senators pretty much always vote for the leader of their party to be majority leader, AFAIK. It's also how things are understood in most other countries.

Not really. The fact that he has an 80% approval rating in a state where 30% voted for Romney is pretty impressive. Vermont is pretty progressive as states go, but not everyone there is a "radical leftist."

@Smith, I don't think that Hawaii is really as "liberal" as Vermont is, although as we recently found out they do like Sanders.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2016, 10:08:19 PM »

Mitch McConnell either retires or is defeated in 2020.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies