Ted Cruz refuses to answer if he'll support Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:13:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Ted Cruz refuses to answer if he'll support Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ted Cruz refuses to answer if he'll support Trump  (Read 1727 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: May 01, 2016, 03:36:18 PM »

Atlas "moderates" and Democrats preferring Cruz to Trump is one of the most hilarious things ever.

How is preferring a candidate who doesn't openly fan racial tension and divide this country "hilarious"?
And Cruz's anti-gay, Christian extremist, etc. rhetoric isn't divisive to the country?

While Cruz is barely better, he hasn't gone out there and said that most gays are child molesters. That would be the equivalent of what Trump said about Mexicans. Cruz hasn't called for all cross-dressers to be banned from the United States. That's what Trump is advocating regarding muslims. Cruz may come close, but never crosses the line into completely indecent behavior. Trump does it all the time, and the trash that support him gobble it up.

As I've said before, this primary is the Iran-Iraq War. You can either support Saddam Hussein (nationalist, secular, flamboyant strongman Trump) or Ayatollah Khomeini (intellectual, ideological scorched-earth fundamentalist Cruz).

Any sane person would pick Saddam Hussein's Iraq over Khomeini's Islamic Republic of Iran.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 08:16:06 PM »

This is what I don't get. Yes, you can make the argument that Trump will be a disastrous candidate and lose and take a bunch of downticket candidates down with him.

But why do you think Ted Cruz is a better alternative? Even more voters have rejected Cruz than have rejected Trump. His negatives are worse than every GOP candidate other than Trump and are worse than Hillary's.

Who is Ted Cruz going to bring into the Republican Party to allow it to do better than the 47% that it got last time? He's not going to bring minorities. He's not going to bring women. He's not going to bring the youth. At least Trump can claim to have brought a bunch of disaffected white people into the GOP column.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 08:57:58 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Very good question. One, his support is higher than Trump. That should be reason alone to support Cruz over Trump.

Two, I'm not a Cruz supporter. I came over to Cruz because I believed he was the best candidate standing. I was somewhat reluctant, but seeing the walking disaster that is Trump, I really had no choice. I looked at the data, and after South Carolina realized what was happening with Rubio and how Rubio couldn't win.

So.. Thus Cruz.

For me the convictions matter most. Is Cruz a conservative? Yes. I believe a conservative can win, and we've had two losing elections with folks who were 'winners', who, surprise, surprise, lost in November. It's time for a red-meat Conservative.

Trump is just more of the same with the additional disaster that he's a democrat.

At the cost of every prolifer out there. We're all sitting it out if Trump is the nominee. We have no reason to vote GOP if Trump changes the platform.  

If there are enough "red-meat conservatives" in America to get a majority of the vote in November, why weren't there enough "red-meat conservatives" in the GOP primary to stop Donald Trump?

You are really misreading the country if you think people voted against Mitt Romney because he wasn't conservative enough.

And why would pro-lifers be upset with a man who wants to punish women for having abortions?!
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 12:09:06 AM »

That's a good question - because they didn't get behind Cruz in Iowa. [\b]Had they done so, this would have been over a long time ago.

I knew Romney was in trouble when white middle class friends in Texas were remarking about how he was like a car salesman and they didn't trust him.

When he came out in favor of changing the platform the day after winning in New York. Why would we support Judas?

You're right - a lot of them voted for Trump!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies