JCL 3.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:37:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JCL 3.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: JCL 3.0  (Read 4673 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 02:57:13 PM »

The Elections are underway and your friendly neighborhood center-right candidates need your vote. We have clear different agendas for Atlasia. The center-right alliance of candidates are up for bold ideas to ensure your God given rights are protected.

Vote for Federalist and United Alternative candidates along with Shua to keep the ball of Liberty rolling.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 12:36:03 AM »

I hope you will stick around, man. Smiley

I feared going in that with three candidates sharing the same base it would be stretched too thinly.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2016, 01:05:10 AM »

Another election, another JCL bid thrown under the bus by the Federalists. Sad!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2016, 01:20:14 AM »
« Edited: August 23, 2016, 01:35:57 AM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Don't start that bullsh@$t again.

Unlike Labor, who are all minions for your bidding voting wise, we have defined sections that we strive to ensure are adequately represented by our candidates. This reduces flexibility a great deal, but at least we strive to represent the electorate as the House should indeed, represent the people.  

JCL is a superb representative of the conservatarian movement in Atlasia and thus those voters, but that necessarily limits his base obviously and he found himself competing with three other candidates for the same votes.

As is typical, whenever Adam loses his favorite Texas pawn, he moves on to try and prey viciously on JCL and get him to do his bidding. This isn't 2013 and one thing is clear, Adam is an old dog who seems to prefer old tricks. This one won't hunt anymore, because no one should be foolish enough to think the one who mosts desires their failure, would do anything but work to ensure it and have such in mind with everything he does.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2016, 02:15:37 AM »

Unlike Labor, who are all minions for your bidding voting wise, we have defined sections that we strive to ensure are adequately represented by our candidates. This reduces flexibility a great deal, but at least we strive to represent the electorate as the House should indeed, represent the people. 

JCL is a superb representative of the conservatarian movement in Atlasia and thus those voters, but that necessarily limits his base obviously and he found himself competing with three other candidates for the same votes.

As is typical, whenever Adam loses his favorite Texas pawn, he moves on to try and prey viciously on JCL and get him to do his bidding. This isn't 2013 and one thing is clear, Adam is an old dog who seems to prefer old tricks. This one won't hunt anymore, because no one should be foolish enough to think the one who mosts desires their failure, would do anything but work to ensure it and have such in mind with everything he does.

You seem very defensive over something that you say isn't going to work. If you'd put half the energy into GOTV as you do into writing those long-winded tirades, JCL would be heading to the House. Sad!

I wish Ben Kenobi and JCL the best of luck with their new party, though.

And my old tricks are the best tricks: that's how they got to be old in the first place! They certainly worked this weekend, didn't they?
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 11:30:49 AM »

Sorry about your loss in the election, JCL. I echo Yankee's sentiments.

Is this really necessary?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 11:52:12 PM »

You seem very defensive over something that you say isn't going to work. If you'd put half the energy into GOTV as you do into writing those long-winded tirades, JCL would be heading to the House. Sad!

I wish Ben Kenobi and JCL the best of luck with their new party, though.

And my old tricks are the best tricks: that's how they got to be old in the first place! They certainly worked this weekend, didn't they?

Yes, your old tricks including screwing over your own Presidents (especially the best among them) and propping up radicals, crazies and traitors (Because its "part of doing business"), have done wonders for the game. Among such old tricks include desperately trying to fracture and destroy the Federalist Party, despite the fact when your wish almost came to pass you got scared sh**tless by the prospect of an amorphous centrist Party (controlled by above mentioned forces who you helped facilitate I would add) absorbing its voting power and dominating your helpless Labor party.

Genius man, sheer genius.

You don't give a sh**t about the right. You want them divided, defeated and downsized by an exodus of those sick of leftwing dominance. You got burned the last time you tried to pull that off, but clearly you have learned nothing and forgotten everything and feel sorry for your Party members who likely face the same fate once UA or perhaps some other centrist party inherits the earth NLC style.

RIP New Labor. It has clearly been crucified on a Cross of Griffin. Called it, months ago.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2016, 12:09:42 AM »

Still, it's entertaining how leaders of the right always have to inauthentically pretend they don't believe JCL is an embarrassment that has to be carefully managed. It's been a constant for chairmen past and present over the last 4+ years, lol. It's funny how some things never change. I check in and it's all the same.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 12:36:21 AM »

Yes, your old tricks including screwing over your own Presidents (especially the best among them) and propping up radicals, crazies and traitors (Because its "part of doing business"), have done wonders for the game. Among such old tricks include desperately trying to fracture and destroy the Federalist Party, despite the fact when your wish almost came to pass you got scared sh**tless by the prospect of an amorphous centrist Party (controlled by above mentioned forces who you helped facilitate I would add) absorbing its voting power and dominating your helpless Labor party.

You don't give a sh**t about the right. You want them divided, defeated and downsized by an exodus of those sick of leftwing dominance. You got burned the last time you tried to pull that off, but clearly you have learned nothing and forgotten everything and feel sorry for your Party members who likely face the same fate once UA or perhaps some other centrist party inherits the earth NLC style.

RIP New Labor. It has clearly been crucified on a Cross of Griffin. Called it, months ago.

I literally came back to the game two days ago. That's a lot of accomplishments - even for me - in 48 hours!

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 12:47:53 AM »

Still, it's entertaining how leaders of the right always have to inauthentically pretend they don't believe JCL is an embarrassment that has to be carefully managed. It's been a constant for chairmen past and present over the last 4+ years, lol. It's funny how some things never change. I check in and it's all the same.

The irony is, just like a certain disappointing election a year ago, here too I also faced a horrible work schedule working against me.

Perhaps you would note that back in May, we did elect JCL and another very controversial social conservative (probably more controversial than JCL, and he actually got reelected last weekend), along with a Libertarian and two mainstream Conservatives. For the one millonth time, JCL was fighting a three way battle for votes and he has also had some RL events far more important than Atlasia occuring in this past term, which as you should know, I am painfully aware can often impact the next election severely.

I am not generally embarrassed by my party members. I agree with them on most issues and those that we don't, I respectfully disagree and focus mainly on those issues that we can all agree on and I try my best to ensure they can get get elected. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2016, 12:50:48 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2016, 12:53:19 AM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I literally came back to the game two days ago. That's a lot of accomplishments - even for me - in 48 hours!

You left the game?

Unlike in late 2013, you have "people" who ensure that whenever you are gone, your worst intincts and desires are advanced. And I predicted this months ago when you were still President.

You are a sh**t stirring, hell raiser at heart. Being straight man as President to "save the game" drove your batsh**t crazy. No you are going to have fun again!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2016, 12:51:57 AM »

You know what? No. You've been rambling and despite my desire to be succinct, you're not going to slide by with that.

You all didn't seem to be all too concerned with that when you were playing enablers to Hamilton's Liberal cult. You all didn't have the gall to stand up to Progressive Union when it seemingly posed a threat. Despite your private concerns about TPP, you guys never had the gall to publicly or privately declare war on them until your precious little Senate seat was snatched away from you. All of those threatened Labor, so you loved it.

Still, though, you didn't have the testicular fortitude to fight back against CR when it emerged and began to poach your office holders and members. And apparently, you don't have the stones to fight back against the UA, which is almost exclusively taking people from your hemisphere as we speak.

Say what you will about my strategies, but the only reason the Federalists have been able to be such appeasers and political opportunists is because you've been the naturally weaker of the two parties throughout almost all of this. It's very unlikely that a wishy-washy right-center party is going to dominate the game, and there's freedom in that for you.

If Labor had responded to the splinter left movements and parties in the same way that you guys have responded to them and your own threats, then the game would already be dominated by a one-party cult. You may think Labor has enabled some of these movements, but Labor is the only reason these movements and parties have also been defeated.

See my sig: you called me Churchill. You're the real Chamberlain.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2016, 12:58:02 AM »

You left the game?

Unlike in late 2013, you have "people" who ensure that whenever you are gone, your worst intincts and desires are advanced.

Until a couple of days ago, I can't remember the last time I even posted on these boards. Early July I suppose? Is it really so hard for you to believe that I was burnt out after two terms as President (and four years in the game), didn't care at all about the game and wasn't following it? My activity levels  during the latter half of my second term should speak to the veracity of my claims.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2016, 01:09:41 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2016, 01:22:01 AM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

You know what? No. You've been rambling and despite my desire to be succinct, you're not going to slide by with that.

You all didn't seem to be all too concerned with that when you were playing enablers to Hamilton's Liberal cult. You all didn't have the gall to stand up to Progressive Union when it seemingly posed a threat. Despite your private concerns about TPP, you guys never had the gall to publicly or privately declare war on them until your precious little Senate seat was snatched away from you. All of those threatened Labor, so you loved it.

Still, though, you didn't have the testicular fortitude to fight back against CR when it emerged and began to poach your office holders and members. And apparently, you don't have the stones to fight back against the UA, which is almost exclusively taking people from your hemisphere as we speak.

Say what you will about my strategies, but the only reason the Federalists have been able to be such appeasers and political opportunists is because you've been the naturally weaker of the two parties throughout almost all of this. It's very unlikely that a wishy-washy right-center party is going to dominate the game, and there's freedom in that for you.

If Labor had responded to the splinter left movements and parties in the same way that you guys have responded to them and your own threats, then the game would already be dominated by a one-party cult. You may think Labor has enabled some of these movements, but Labor is the only reason these movements and parties have also been defeated.

See my sig: you called me Churchill. You're the real Chamberlain.

And you didn't give a sh**t about that either, as long as they served you and your agenda. Who put a fringe third partier into the SEnate who campaigned on doing nothing except posting in a funky font? You also enabled and propped up others from the IRCabal for over a year, for the same reason, either for the agenda or because they likelise hated the PU and before them the Liberals. That makes you Franz Von Papen not Churchill.

And I see your pentient for revisionist history is ever present. I was calling "them" out along with you, when you were still best buddies (see above) from 2013 onwards, which is why they worked to drive me out of the Senate, which because I was pretty effective in denying them their objectives and goals. "They" took over the TPP and used it as a vehicle before ditching it along the side of the road and driving off.  You seem to forget that the same thing that cost me the Senate seat, is the same thing that hampered my ability to actually do something about them for about six months (loss of internet, then having to move right before the election). You didn't declare war on "them" until after you let them hand you back the White House that your party didn't deserve after wrecking the country just four months prior. And you have the gall to lecture me about being opportunistic?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2016, 01:16:44 AM »

You left the game?

Unlike in late 2013, you have "people" who ensure that whenever you are gone, your worst intincts and desires are advanced.

Until a couple of days ago, I can't remember the last time I even posted on these boards. Early July I suppose? Is it really so hard for you to believe that I was burnt out after two terms as President (and four years in the game), didn't care at all about the game and wasn't following it? My activity levels  during the latter half of my second term should speak to the veracity of my claims.

Don't blame me, I voted for Leinad (Also never voted to make Hamilton/Nappy President, but we all can't be perfect. Tongue).

And like I said, "others".

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2016, 01:19:46 AM »

The non-ideological/centrist party cult phenomenon is the biggest threat to the game on a recurring basis. Everything else pales in comparison, including IRC parties and do-nothing representatives. You have never stood up to these threats proactively or reactively in my time here - ever - except when you personally, individually were harmed. Maybe Labor takes a more bold stance when those parties are chomping after us, but your side can't even manage to rise to the occasion when its own existence is being threatened.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2016, 01:37:41 AM »

The non-ideological/centrist party cult phenomenon is the biggest threat to the game on a recurring basis. Everything else pales in comparison, including IRC parties and do-nothing representatives. You have never stood up to these threats proactively or reactively in my time here - ever - except when you personally, individually were harmed. Maybe Labor takes a more bold stance when those parties are chomping after us, but your side can't even manage to rise to the occasion when its own existence is being threatened.

I must have missed the part where CR tried to dissolve the game and wreck the convention. That was your "old hell raiser buddies" who did that, the people who you propped up and then opportunistically used when it suited your purposes.

First off, nothing in this game can "harm me", because it is just a game. You are putting the cart before the horse again. They didn't come after me for the heck of it, and then I responded after losing. I have been hostile towards the radicals and their objectives in some cases for EIGHT YEARS! I kept them shut out of the Senate routinely and when they weren't, I often managed to block them anyway. That changed when you came on the picture, embraced their ideas for your party and began to facilitate their elections and bids for office in 2013.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2016, 01:55:44 AM »

First off, nothing in this game can "harm me", because it is just a game. You are putting the cart before the horse again. They didn't come after me for the heck of it, and then I responded after losing. I have been hostile towards the radicals and their objectives in some cases for EIGHT YEARS! I kept them shut out of the Senate routinely and when they weren't, I often managed to block them anyway. That changed when you came on the picture, embraced their ideas for your party and began to facilitate their elections and bids for office in 2013.

https://youtu.be/DJ9K9kpgkzg?t=35s
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2016, 08:58:46 AM »

The irony is, just like a certain disappointing election a year ago, here too I also faced a horrible work schedule working against me.

Perhaps you would note that back in May, we did elect JCL and another very controversial social conservative (probably more controversial than JCL, and he actually got reelected last weekend), along with a Libertarian and two mainstream Conservatives. For the one millonth time, JCL was fighting a three way battle for votes and he has also had some RL events far more important than Atlasia occuring in this past term, which as you should know, I am painfully aware can often impact the next election severely.

I am not generally embarrassed by my party members. I agree with them on most issues and those that we don't, I respectfully disagree and focus mainly on those issues that we can all agree on and I try my best to ensure they can get get elected. 

Hagrid, you absolutely  have no idea what my life has been like the past 8 or so weeks. I was trying to be as active as I could but I had some serious RL events going on which would affect anyone's level of activity. I got married, went on a honeymoon, moved from Indiana to North Carolina, and am acclimating to my new work surroundings.

Griffin, Ben joined Labor. If you haven't heard. He didn't give me a preference at all this past election. 

Both Hagrid and Griffin, I don't regret the past several weeks. I may've lost this election but it's just an election to an online game.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2016, 09:31:28 AM »

TPP was the main problem of the previous game, even bigger than the too big number of offices. Now this party is gone, thanks to great coordination hehe, the game is functioning again.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2016, 09:52:10 AM »

TPP was the main problem of the previous game, even bigger than the too big number of offices. Now this party is gone, thanks to great coordination hehe, the game is functioning again.

One of the most hillarious things was some TPP people being the loudest in bitching how Atlasia is broken.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2016, 10:00:42 AM »

One of the most hillarious things was some TPP people being the loudest in bitching how Atlasia is broken.
My favorite is to see now some TPP puppets like Riley Keaton trying to have a future in the current mainstreams, and that fails miserably haha
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2016, 11:15:49 AM »

How was Riley a puppet of TPP?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2016, 11:39:16 AM »

For what it's worth I'm Party Chair- so it's not Griffs party anymore Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2016, 11:43:35 AM »

He voted for BK, making Cris lose the senate special election for example. And many other things
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies