JCL 3.0 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:49:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JCL 3.0 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JCL 3.0  (Read 4688 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 01, 2016, 02:41:38 PM »

I know that changes are coming to Atlasia. While on my tour as ambassador to the Middle East and Asia I still had thoughts towards returning to service in my home region. Now is that time. I'm running for governor so the people of the region can have a voice in the government. A postponement of elections undermines our democratic process. While I know we are in the mist of our constitutional convention, the regional process must continue to ensure stability and freedom to all citizens.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 05:50:57 PM »

I'm running for the House of Representatives. I'll take any questions from fellow citizens.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 12:34:14 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2016, 02:15:19 PM by JCL+GeologistJuly10Wedding »

Welcome to the second day of voting for Atlasia's first crop of House members. We fought hard for this, sometimes it was heated but it was because of our love for country and game. I also have goals for this first House Session.

Taxes and Economic Matters

A Three Tier Tax System where no Atlasian pays more than 30% in income taxes
A Corporate Tax of no more than 17 %
A Free Market System with little regulation (except to ensure consumer protections)

House Rules:
Speaker determined by vote of majority party rather than whole house

Healthcare:
No Universal Healthcare mandate. Let market decide, promote competition

Foreign Policy and Immigration:
Maintain Multinational Coalition Against Daesh
Humanitarian aid to refugees
Formal ratification of Nicea-Stonewall-Amman Accords

Criminal Code:
Nefarious Act against human trafficking to be retained from previous code

Gun Rights:

Having a firearm is a fundamental right that comes with responsibilities. The Swiss model and the model of the NRA on gun education have proven to be successful models to educate perspective gun owners. As a representative I will work to protect gun rights and promote education in their use.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 02:14:02 PM »

We're well into day three of elections for the first house elections. If you haven't voted, get your vote cast quickly and don't forget to give high preference to the Federalist/Civic Renewal slate of candidates

Classic Conservative
Haslam
rpryor03
Clark Kent
Republitarian

And yours truly JCL. A conservative majority which will continue the reforms started at the Constitutional Convention.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 05:07:00 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with both the Grimmie family and the families of those who lost their lives at the hands of both a radical Islamist and a simply senseless act of savagery.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 12:42:41 AM »

The first presidential election of the new era has begun? Get out and vote.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 01:35:49 AM »

My Fellow Atlasians and members of the People's House in particular,

This Sunday (the 10th) The Geologist and I will tie the knot and have a two week honeymoon. This will keep me from my place representing you the people for much of the next couple weeks. While on the honeymoon we will be traveling between Indiana and North Carolina with stops yet to be determined. The first few days will be local because I'm playing in a local contest. Depending on how it goes we may be in DC for a day as well. My LOA starts July 7th.

This is a great mystery. Not just that of love between a man and a woman but that how The Divine Magesty still shows Himself in the the way He knits two lives together at just the right time in their individual journeys.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 01:32:19 PM »

Honeymoon is going well so far. I play in a local contest Wednesday then we're heading to DC unless I advance to Friday nite.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 06:00:32 PM »

Fellow Atlasians,

The honeymoon was great. The Geologist and I went to the beach and she loves playing in the ocean.  Married life is both blessing and a challenge. Part of that challenge is finding a place to live. I love Indiana and have lived there basically all my life. However in this season of life a move is what is best. So don't b be surprised if you see a change of location on my registration soon.

JCL
Federalist
North Carolina
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 01:19:49 PM »

Still in Indiana till next weekend. I'm still a citizen of the north until then. Plus I haven't put it in the registration thread yet. That's when it becomes official.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 05:00:18 PM »

The work towards Liberty is not done. That's why I'm running for reelection. There are several bills of interest that may take into the second term of our new house to get voted on and a bill or two I'm working on personally. The law and Liberty need to be seen as two sides of the same coin called our civil society.

On a more personal note, the geologist and I are going to be leaving Indiana for our new home near the North Carolina/South Carolina border within the next 48 hours. Good chance I'll be up to typical JCL shenanigans.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 02:57:13 PM »

The Elections are underway and your friendly neighborhood center-right candidates need your vote. We have clear different agendas for Atlasia. The center-right alliance of candidates are up for bold ideas to ensure your God given rights are protected.

Vote for Federalist and United Alternative candidates along with Shua to keep the ball of Liberty rolling.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 08:58:46 AM »

Still, it's entertaining how leaders of the right always have to inauthentically pretend they don't believe JCL is an embarrassment that has to be carefully managed. It's been a constant for chairmen past and present over the last 4+ years, lol. It's funny how some things never change. I check in and it's all the same.

The irony is, just like a certain disappointing election a year ago, here too I also faced a horrible work schedule working against me.

Perhaps you would note that back in May, we did elect JCL and another very controversial social conservative (probably more controversial than JCL, and he actually got reelected last weekend), along with a Libertarian and two mainstream Conservatives. For the one millonth time, JCL was fighting a three way battle for votes and he has also had some RL events far more important than Atlasia occuring in this past term, which as you should know, I am painfully aware can often impact the next election severely.

I am not generally embarrassed by my party members. I agree with them on most issues and those that we don't, I respectfully disagree and focus mainly on those issues that we can all agree on and I try my best to ensure they can get get elected. 

Hagrid, you absolutely  have no idea what my life has been like the past 8 or so weeks. I was trying to be as active as I could but I had some serious RL events going on which would affect anyone's level of activity. I got married, went on a honeymoon, moved from Indiana to North Carolina, and am acclimating to my new work surroundings.

Griffin, Ben joined Labor. If you haven't heard. He didn't give me a preference at all this past election. 

Both Hagrid and Griffin, I don't regret the past several weeks. I may've lost this election but it's just an election to an online game.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 11:15:49 AM »

How was Riley a puppet of TPP?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 04:17:48 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 11:24:08 AM by Rep. JCL »

If you're in Indiana, be careful. Let law enforcement and first responders do their job. Tornadoes are not a laughing matter. Hunker down and hold your families tight. I may be in NC but I still have family, friends and personal items there.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 01:51:52 PM »

Lol, I came in here to throw a bomb, not to pretend I've been following in-game developments. I guess my trolling wasn't clear though, so I'll clarify...

I couldn't care less about JCL's personal life. I couldn't care less about the knitty-gritty specifics of one measly election. I care about the big picture, which is this: JCL is an extremist who people are always making some kind of excuse for in the Federalist Party. He is virtually as unelectable as I would now be, yet he is always coddled publicly and rooted against silently. It is a dilemma that has been ongoing for years, and I am simply amused that the delicate management of the situation continues.

It doesn't require a grandpa speech.

Hagrid, it actually doesn't bother me that you don't care about my outside of Atlas life. What has bothered me is how you could go from a conservative ally to ardent enemy. One thing I've already figured is you had a change of heart and came out. Just because you are lgbt doesn't mean we always have to be enemies. There are common ground ways we can come together. You just refuse to see it.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 11:23:47 PM »

Lol, I came in here to throw a bomb, not to pretend I've been following in-game developments. I guess my trolling wasn't clear though, so I'll clarify...

I couldn't care less about JCL's personal life. I couldn't care less about the knitty-gritty specifics of one measly election. I care about the big picture, which is this: JCL is an extremist who people are always making some kind of excuse for in the Federalist Party. He is virtually as unelectable as I would now be, yet he is always coddled publicly and rooted against silently. It is a dilemma that has been ongoing for years, and I am simply amused that the delicate management of the situation continues.

It doesn't require a grandpa speech.

Hagrid, it actually doesn't bother me that you don't care about my outside of Atlas life. What has bothered me is how you could go from a conservative ally to ardent enemy. One thing I've already figured is you had a change of heart and came out. Just because you are lgbt doesn't mean we always have to be enemies. There are common ground ways we can come together. You just refuse to see it.

Lol, I'm not the one who has decided that another person deserves fewer rights thanks to a trait of theirs that they can't control. So I'm not the one who has decided to "be enemies." Reconciliation is possible when you see sense.

As for "coming together..." I'm not actually a politician; I don't have some grand obligation to see past the discrimination and bigotry you veil under the guise of "libertarianism" (lol). Some things are disqualifiers, and delegitimizing me as a human being is one of them. There may be other common ground, but why the f-ck should I care about it when I know you are incapable of seeing me as equal? You are literally asking me to ignore and move past the fact that you are bigoted against gay people. I am not willing to do that. Nor should I be.

Actually, what you call a trait is a lifestyle choice. One which counters the national order of who you were made to be as a male. The science that says being gay is natural in some is highly questionable at best.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2016, 06:54:12 PM »

Yeah, let's just be honest. JCL is easily the least intelligent person I have ever interacted with, and I've interacted with a lot of dummies both on- and off-line. He's completely incapable of having a thought on his own, all he can do is repeating the same fringe talking points. He's unable to open his tiny mind to anything other than such broken records.

Sorry JCL, but in your years on this forum and in Atlasia you haven't contributed a single coherent sentence.

Dense are we kal. I do have thoughts of my own.

@cathcon yes I was meaning natural order.

Hagrid, I'm sorry you took what I said totally wrong. I'm asking for credible scientific research that being gay is within the natural order. Sadly, it doesn't exist. Seek rights as an individual not as part of a group. I have won you no allies.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 09:51:24 PM »

I had a chance to work with JCL in the Mideast Assembly ages ago.  Obviously we strongly disagreed on a few issues, but it's not like we spent our days harassing each other over our views on morality (at least not too many of them Tongue ).  That would hopelessly pointless and negative.  We actually came together on a few things, especially those related to helping people in poverty.  He certainly cares about helping people.  Sometimes when you take the time to get to know people, they surprise you.

Would be kewl to work with you on a national scale Siren.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2016, 02:18:50 PM »

Myrtle Beach, SC

Thank you for the gracious welcome to the Southern life. I acknowledge I'm not been native to the South until recently but I see many common values shared by my native Indiana. Faith, Family, and Hospitality. Things I will still promote regardless of my place in the Chamber of Delegates or as a candidate for Senate. I know some were speculating I would run for the House. I might at some point again but Southern voters need more voices in the race for senate.

So that Y'all will know, I'm supporting Yankee for President. He's been a constant civil servant who has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be qualified for the office of president. We still need a steady hand in the ship of Atlasian affairs.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2016, 10:10:19 PM »

Southerners, get the vote out for your Federalist Senate candidates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies