JCL 3.0 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:35:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JCL 3.0 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JCL 3.0  (Read 4695 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: August 24, 2016, 12:09:42 AM »

Still, it's entertaining how leaders of the right always have to inauthentically pretend they don't believe JCL is an embarrassment that has to be carefully managed. It's been a constant for chairmen past and present over the last 4+ years, lol. It's funny how some things never change. I check in and it's all the same.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 09:16:09 AM »

Lol, I came in here to throw a bomb, not to pretend I've been following in-game developments. I guess my trolling wasn't clear though, so I'll clarify...

I couldn't care less about JCL's personal life. I couldn't care less about the knitty-gritty specifics of one measly election. I care about the big picture, which is this: JCL is an extremist who people are always making some kind of excuse for in the Federalist Party. He is virtually as unelectable as I would now be, yet he is always coddled publicly and rooted against silently. It is a dilemma that has been ongoing for years, and I am simply amused that the delicate management of the situation continues.

It doesn't require a grandpa speech.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 05:27:24 PM »

Lol, I came in here to throw a bomb, not to pretend I've been following in-game developments. I guess my trolling wasn't clear though, so I'll clarify...

I couldn't care less about JCL's personal life. I couldn't care less about the knitty-gritty specifics of one measly election. I care about the big picture, which is this: JCL is an extremist who people are always making some kind of excuse for in the Federalist Party. He is virtually as unelectable as I would now be, yet he is always coddled publicly and rooted against silently. It is a dilemma that has been ongoing for years, and I am simply amused that the delicate management of the situation continues.

Hagrid, it actually doesn't bother me that you don't care about my outside of Atlas life. What has bothered me is how you could go from a conservative ally to ardent enemy. One thing I've already figured is you had a change of heart and came out. Just because you are lgbt doesn't mean we always have to be enemies. There are common ground ways we can come together. You just refuse to see it.

Lol, I'm not the one who has decided that another person deserves fewer rights thanks to a trait of theirs that they can't control. So I'm not the one who has decided to "be enemies." Reconciliation is possible when you see sense.

As for "coming together..." I'm not actually a politician; I don't have some grand obligation to see past the discrimination and bigotry you veil under the guise of "libertarianism" (lol). Some things are disqualifiers, and delegitimizing me as a human being is one of them. There may be other common ground, but why the f-ck should I care about it when I know you are incapable of seeing me as equal? You are literally asking me to ignore and move past the fact that you are bigoted against gay people. I am not willing to do that. Nor should I be.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 02:24:27 AM »
« Edited: September 01, 2016, 08:26:16 AM by Gustaf »

Hagrid, it actually doesn't bother me that you don't care about my outside of Atlas life. What has bothered me is how you could go from a conservative ally to ardent enemy. One thing I've already figured is you had a change of heart and came out. Just because you are lgbt doesn't mean we always have to be enemies. There are common ground ways we can come together. You just refuse to see it.

Lol, I'm not the one who has decided that another person deserves fewer rights thanks to a trait of theirs that they can't control. So I'm not the one who has decided to "be enemies." Reconciliation is possible when you see sense.

As for "coming together..." I'm not actually a politician; I don't have some grand obligation to see past the discrimination and bigotry you veil under the guise of "libertarianism" (lol). Some things are disqualifiers, and delegitimizing me as a human being is one of them. There may be other common ground, but why the f-ck should I care about it when I know you are incapable of seeing me as equal? You are literally asking me to ignore and move past the fact that you are bigoted against gay people. I am not willing to do that. Nor should I be.

Actually, what you call a trait is a lifestyle choice. One which counters the national order of who you were made to be as a male. The science that says being gay is natural in some is highly questionable at best.

For a second I was worried I was being too prickly, but in three sentences you just won me more allies than I could probably ever win on my own. I pity your children for the father they will have.

Ladies and gents, the Federalist Party of Atlasia.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 12:31:51 PM »

Yeah, let's just be honest. JCL is easily the least intelligent person I have ever interacted with, and I've interacted with a lot of dummies both on- and off-line. He's completely incapable of having a thought on his own, all he can do is repeating the same fringe talking points. He's unable to open his tiny mind to anything other than such broken records.

Sorry JCL, but in your years on this forum and in Atlasia you haven't contributed a single coherent sentence.

Dense are we kal. I do have thoughts of my own.

@cathcon yes I was meaning natural order.

Hagrid, I'm sorry you took what I said totally wrong. I'm asking for credible scientific research that being gay is within the natural order. Sadly, it doesn't exist. Seek rights as an individual not as part of a group. I have won you no allies.

I'll do you one better. I am a human being, born of a vagina on the natural world. It turns out I am gay. Nothing outside of the confines of this natural world intervened, I can assure you, because literally everything we know has resulted from the "natural order"—nothing can happen that is not a part of it. We're a society and civilization of intelligent animals.

I am natural because I am here.

So you'll just have to deal with it. You can be an ass or a friend. Sadly you have chosen your path.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies