Mustard.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:34:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Mustard.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: I'm making hot dogs...which is it?
Yellow

Brown

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Mustard.  (Read 1750 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 12:59:35 AM »

Brown, no question.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2016, 07:02:20 AM »

what is that?

I guess I'm not a big fan of sweets.  I don't take sugar in my coffee or in my tea, and I rarely have desert.  I like all sorts of tomato sauces, but not ketchup and I know it's the sweet taste that bothers me.  Someone here mentioned sweet mustards.  That sounds awful.  Bananas are good though.  I eat lots of them, as well as mango.  I also have lots of rum drinks when I'm on vacation in the tropics.  We sometimes stay at the all-inclusive resorts which open the bar at about 7AM so I generally start off with rum and pineapple juice for breakfast and continue with rum drinks all day, taking a break from the rum only at lunch and dinner, when I drink beer and wine, respectively, so I guess there are some sweets that I enjoy.  At home I do make my own margaritas as well, usually with 50% tequila, 25% lime juice, and 25% cointreau.  That's another example of sweet and sour that goes down well. 

We have Burman's Spicy Brown mustard in the house at the moment.  I think that's my go-to mustard, mostly because it's really cheap.  Lately, for sandwiches I make a spread of equal parts hummus, brown mustard, and finely-diced garlic.  I put that on bread for sandwich.  On top of that I put sliced jalapeņo, then cheese, then roast beef.  On the other side, I put mayonnaise, then cucumber slices, then sliced tomato.  Then I put them together, really fast in one motion so nothing falls out.  Right now I'm using a very dark bread, almost black.  It's pumpernickel, I think.  Around noon I put it in the toaster oven for about five minutes, just enough to lightly crisp the bread and warm the meat and cheese, but not long enough to make the fruits soft. 

I haven't had a hot dog in years, but I have about five sandwiches per week, so we go through lots of mayonnaise and mustard in my house.  There was a hot dog opportunity on Monday around 5, but I needed to get my son to piano practice so I didn't hang around long enough to sample one.  I just grabbed a deviled egg, some Doritos, and a bottle of water.  I did notice that there were three large squeeze bottles of condiments on hand:  French's mustard, Heinz ketchup, and Heinz pickled relish.  I don't know whether that spread represented popular demand, or was simply a reflection of the tastes of the grillmaster.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2016, 07:33:32 AM »

I like ketchup.  I won't apologize for it.  I think it goes well on hotdogs... though not on a Chicago dog.  But that has enough on it to forego the ketchup.  The ketchup would throw off the balance.

But ketchup is sweet and sour and I have a particular like for sweet and sour foods.  So the combination of ketchup, mustard, and very finely diced onions on a good hotdog is fantastic.

Or go another route with a nice bratwurst with sauerkraut and mustard... also excellent. 

Please return the real Snowguy to us, you fake.  Cry
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2016, 06:37:45 AM »

Amusing how we're often associated to some stuffs for which we haven't done anything particular (fries, mustard).

Except in this case you aren't. It's French's mustard, not French mustard. Yellow mustard came to prominence because of Robert Timothy French and the company he founded.
dax00

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2016, 06:26:24 PM »

Nutzt immer braunen Senf.

Seriously, yellow mustard is a joke. If brown isn't available, I'll grudgingly use yellow.

My toppings of choice for the following:
Hot dog - relish, sauerkraut, brown mustard
Burger - pickles, Worcestershire, red cabbage, grilled mushrooms, aioli, bleu
Pretzel - brown mustard or marinara
French fries - honey mustard, chipotle mayo
Tater tots - ketchup
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2016, 07:27:52 PM »

Don't typically use it, but I don't like tartar sauce because to me it's too sweet and overpowering. So, in the event that I get a fish sandwich, I ask for a bit of onion (raw onions are really good for you) and yellow mustard. I've tasted brown mustard before and was not too crazy about it. Plain old yellow would be my choice. It can also compliment a tuna sandwich.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 12:37:29 AM »

what is that?

I guess I'm not a big fan of sweets.  I don't take sugar in my coffee or in my tea, and I rarely have desert.  I like all sorts of tomato sauces, but not ketchup and I know it's the sweet taste that bothers me.  Someone here mentioned sweet mustards.  That sounds awful.  Bananas are good though.  I eat lots of them, as well as mango.  I also have lots of rum drinks when I'm on vacation in the tropics.  We sometimes stay at the all-inclusive resorts which open the bar at about 7AM so I generally start off with rum and pineapple juice for breakfast and continue with rum drinks all day, taking a break from the rum only at lunch and dinner, when I drink beer and wine, respectively, so I guess there are some sweets that I enjoy.  At home I do make my own margaritas as well, usually with 50% tequila, 25% lime juice, and 25% cointreau.  That's another example of sweet and sour that goes down well. 

We have Burman's Spicy Brown mustard in the house at the moment.  I think that's my go-to mustard, mostly because it's really cheap.  Lately, for sandwiches I make a spread of equal parts hummus, brown mustard, and finely-diced garlic.  I put that on bread for sandwich.  On top of that I put sliced jalapeņo, then cheese, then roast beef.  On the other side, I put mayonnaise, then cucumber slices, then sliced tomato.  Then I put them together, really fast in one motion so nothing falls out.  Right now I'm using a very dark bread, almost black.  It's pumpernickel, I think.  Around noon I put it in the toaster oven for about five minutes, just enough to lightly crisp the bread and warm the meat and cheese, but not long enough to make the fruits soft. 

I haven't had a hot dog in years, but I have about five sandwiches per week, so we go through lots of mayonnaise and mustard in my house.  There was a hot dog opportunity on Monday around 5, but I needed to get my son to piano practice so I didn't hang around long enough to sample one.  I just grabbed a deviled egg, some Doritos, and a bottle of water.  I did notice that there were three large squeeze bottles of condiments on hand:  French's mustard, Heinz ketchup, and Heinz pickled relish.  I don't know whether that spread represented popular demand, or was simply a reflection of the tastes of the grillmaster.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies