Are we all excited for the impending GE campaign?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:45:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Are we all excited for the impending GE campaign?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ^^^^^
YES!

No, not really

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: Are we all excited for the impending GE campaign?  (Read 1699 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2016, 04:56:19 PM »

I am beyond excited for Hillary's inauguration and presidency, but I am absolutely not excited for the election.

Basically, we have one of the most qualified candidates ever running for president. Someone with real political skills and policy chops. And instead, the next six months will be spent enduring an onslaught of misogynistic attacks that, like it or not, will bring out the worst in a lot of otherwise good people. It's already started to happen, and I'm angry and disappointed. I don't know how I'll make it to November, and I'm sure there will be a fair number of scares along the way where it will actually look like Trump could win.

Hopefully I'm wrong and she pulls aways from Trump easily in the polls, but... colour me skeptical.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2016, 04:57:36 PM »

I thought all the Hillbots would be ecstatic!
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2016, 05:00:29 PM »

I am beyond excited for Hillary's inauguration and presidency, but I am absolutely not excited for the election.

Basically, we have one of the most qualified candidates ever running for president. Someone with real political skills and policy chops. And instead, the next six months will be spent enduring an onslaught of misogynistic attacks that, like it or not, will bring out the worst in a lot of otherwise good people. It's already started to happen, and I'm angry and disappointed. I don't know how I'll make it to November, and I'm sure there will be a fair number of scares along the way where it will actually look like Trump could win.

Hopefully I'm wrong and she pulls aways from Trump easily in the polls, but... colour me skeptical.

This is a good way of putting it.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2016, 05:02:45 PM »

Yeah! Especially if it's Trump vs. Hillary. I had written this election off over the holidays assuming I'd not have to think about it very hard, would tune it out over the summer in favor of baseball, and would just vote Hillary against whatever W. or Romney look-alike they in the GOP put up, but wow. I could support a right wing populist party, and Trump has stopped me in my tracks. Maybe he's the prototype. It's worth finding out. Wink How ironic that would be.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2016, 05:04:01 PM »

I thought all the Hillbots would be ecstatic!

Watching casual sexism championed as a political strategy and seeing women demonized for "playing the woman card" when they simply stand up to have their voices heard in a system that rarely listens does not make me ecstatic.
Baki
Rookie
Croatia

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2016, 05:20:27 PM »

Yes. Very excited and interested.

As a matter of fact , I'm considering coming to the US from Europe a few days before election day.
I wanna witness the euphoria/chaos.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2016, 09:09:44 PM »

TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2016, 09:14:40 PM »

Yes, I love the drama. I think the election will be one for the books. The four years after, on the other hand...
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2016, 09:32:51 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Imagine how we republicans feel about that. You, at least have an opportunity to sh**tcan him.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2016, 09:43:50 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Imagine how we republicans feel about that. You, at least have an opportunity to sh**tcan him.

Well, half of you Republicans seem more than content with it, which is why I have a lot of trouble understanding why a respectable person would want to identify with the party. I'm glad you're not one of the ones trying to deny the sexist overtones though, and I appreciate your Independent avatar.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies