Ted Cruz threatens child
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:08:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Ted Cruz threatens child
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ted Cruz threatens child  (Read 2368 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2016, 03:59:44 PM »

Link

What a horrifying person, and the crowds cheering him are even more horrifying. This is why I don't like the "Anyone but Trump" thing.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 04:01:02 PM »

Ted Cruz sure loves to talk about spanking his children.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 04:07:33 PM »

Yeah telling a heckler they should get spanked is bad optics for anybody and I don't think it was an appropriate thing to say.  I don't really understand the hysteria over Cruz approving of spanking though. Although my parents did not spank me its a very common method of discipline at least in Indiana, and I believe surveys have shown the majority of Americans think it's okay for parents to choose that method.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 04:13:40 PM »

Yeah telling a heckler they should get spanked is bad optics for anybody and I don't think it was an appropriate thing to say.  I don't really understand the hysteria over Cruz approving of spanking though. Although my parents did not spank me its a very common method of discipline at least in Indiana, and I believe surveys have shown the majority of Americans think it's okay for parents to choose that method.

If that's true, the majority of Americans are mistaken. Studies have shown that it has adverse effects, not to mention it's just wrong. Also, why are children the only group of people that it's okay to hit?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 04:13:50 PM »

Bragging about how he hits his children has unfortunately been a common theme in Child-Beatin' Ted's campaign this year.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 04:15:35 PM »

Honestly, I'll cut Ted some slack here.  He's about to lose, probably by a lot, in a state with favorable demographics and in which Super PACs have poured in millions upon millions of dollars against his opponent.  I can understand his frustration.

That said, I also fear this election won't definitively put him away.  He'll run in 2020, and harp once again on his point that Republicans don't win when they don't nominate conservatives.  The question is whether the base will be willing to capitulate to a candidate like Rubio in the primary.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 04:19:51 PM »

The Washington drug cartel is financing the Gestapo that did this.

Reference:
At the most generous, this is a battle between the Jacobins and the Blackshirts.
Also, the Gestapo and Washington cartel are united under Rafael Eduardo. Hillary's Jacobins and Trump's Blackshirts will need the cartel money and Gestapo to stop their hits.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 04:20:53 PM »

Inb4 the Cruzbots type up a four paragraph statement about how the kid had it comin'.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 04:38:00 PM »

I'm surprised that ClassicConservative turned on Ted Cruz so quickly!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 04:53:22 PM »

I think it's revealing that the attack on Trump, complete with the implication that Trump acts like a child and needs a spanking, just glides on by. If any candidate, including Trump, had said directly or by implication that another candidate behaved like an ill-mannered child, it would be being decried everywhere. But with Trump, it's unremarkable because its true and no one in the establishment and popular media, pro-Trump or anti-Trump, wants to own up to the reality that a major US political party is on the verge of nominating a man with the intellect of a spoiled brat for President of the United States.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 04:55:23 PM »

Cheesy

What kind of impulse would lead a grown man to tear into a child who heckled him? Apparently, in Lyin' Ted's household, it's okay for adults to humiliate other peoples' children in public with supporters cheering on. The spanking remark was not even what made this bad.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 04:58:11 PM »

I think it's revealing that the attack on Trump, complete with the implication that Trump acts like a child and needs a spanking, just glides on by. If any candidate, including Trump, had said directly or by implication that another candidate behaved like an ill-mannered child, it would be being decried everywhere. But with Trump, it's unremarkable because its true and no one in the establishment and popular media, pro-Trump or anti-Trump, wants to own up to the reality that a major US political party is on the verge of nominating a man with the intellect of a spoiled brat for President of the United States.
Reginald
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 05:09:18 PM »

Kid is an eternal FF for saying what everyone is thinking. Invite him to Atlas imo. If we're going to allow kids to post here we might as well recruit from the good ones.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 05:35:22 PM »

lmao
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 05:57:41 PM »

This one is a big nothing. And the word "threaten" in the title is spin city. So says this poster who also thinks Cruz "sucks."
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 07:23:09 PM »

So where is the story?

If this over-exaggerated dross was turned into a movie, what is the main theme?

Nothing meaningful appeared to happen.

Just a non-event.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 08:59:09 PM »

The vast amount of Americans would agree with Cruz on this issue.  A number of them wouldn't mind if Cruz administered the spanking personally.

Cruz's response is rather unremarkable.  That kid has problems with boundaries, to put it mildly. 
dax00

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 09:34:53 PM »

The vast amount of Americans would agree with Cruz on this issue.  A number of them wouldn't mind if Cruz administered the spanking personally.

Cruz's response is rather unremarkable.  That kid has problems with boundaries, to put it mildly. 
Spanking is assault, punishable by imprisonment.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2016, 09:36:10 PM »

Ted Cruz is obsessed with spanking. No joke, he talks about it all the time: it's like KCDem were a Republican senator.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2016, 09:36:46 PM »

That's not the case in the U.S.
dax00

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2016, 09:51:37 PM »

Sadly. I disagree with the courts. They're supposed to make rulings without prejudice. Assault is assault, in my book.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 10:31:53 PM »

Sadly. I disagree with the courts. They're supposed to make rulings without prejudice. Assault is assault, in my book.
No. Spanking is not assault. Throwing your kid down the stairs is assault.
dax00

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2016, 10:53:45 PM »

So if a stranger tied you up and spanked you against your will, you wouldn't consider that assault?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 12:27:09 AM »

I mean, he's right in the sense that we just happen to carve out an exception to the assault laws to allow spanking.  It's essentially the only case where you can strike someone with the intent to inflict harm where it's legal, besides self-defense or restraint.  It's also not like the guardianship element or power dynamic really makes it different; you can't strike employees or adults over whom you have custody.  It's pretty arbitrary and weird.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 12:28:41 AM »

Not a Cruz fan, but gotta agree.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies