Trump's VP Pick
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:43:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump's VP Pick
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump's VP Pick  (Read 880 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2016, 09:53:56 PM »
« edited: May 02, 2016, 10:12:34 PM by Kevin »

Since there is a possibilty of Trump taking out Lyin Ted and Kasich the Slob over the next couple of weeks to seal up the nomination. The question begs who does he pick as his VP?

He faces the unique challenge of having both the Establishment and Conservative wings of the Party disliking him. As well as facing steep hills to climb with women and minority voters in the GE. Not to mention the concerns the inside the beltway has with him over his ableness to handle foreign policy and national security issues.

I personally think someone like Marsha Blackburn, Nikki Haley, Susanna Martinez, John Kasich or Bob Corker would be a good fit for him. That is if he hasn't burned bridges with them that is and if they are willing to be his Veep.

Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 09:57:16 PM »

Martinez would probably be the best, if she'd accept.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 09:59:38 PM »

Martinez would probably be the best, if she'd accept.

This, which she probably won't.
dax00

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 10:02:01 PM »

Omarosa would be a brilliant choice.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 10:03:43 PM »

A well-mannered southern woman like Blackburn could go a long way in tempering Trump's abrasiveness, but he seems like the sort of person who would prefer to double down on his strengths than ameliorate his weaknesses.  In that case, I think someone like Scott Brown or Chris Christie would be more likely.

But really, it's hard to say.  The delegates at the convention might try to force someone onto him if they are uncomfortable with his choice.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 10:13:55 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2016, 10:15:37 PM by ProudModerate2 »

..... Lyin Ted and Kasich the Slob ......

I personally think someone like John Kasich or .....
That is if he hasn't burned bridges with them that is and if they are willing to be his Veep.

I'm confused.
In one breath you describe Kasich as "the Slob."
And in another, you say that "you personally think" Kasich would be a good VP for Little-Hands-Drumpf-Fuhrer.

Which is it ? (In your opinion)
And if someone repeatedly referred to you as a "Slob," would you accept their invite as VP on their ticket ?
Fargobison

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 10:19:53 PM »

Trump is toxic with Hispanics and close to that with women. What incentive is there for Haley or Martinez to sign up for the Trump trainwreck?

Trump is somebody that has no discipline, you have no idea what he will do or say next. I can't imagine him getting an A-list VP,  he might have to settle for a Christie type who has no political future.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 11:16:33 PM »

I personally think someone like Marsha Blackburn, Nikki Haley, Susanna Martinez, John Kasich or Bob Corker would be a good fit for him. That is if he hasn't burned bridges with them that is and if they are willing to be his Veep.

Of that list, Haley, Martinez, and Kasich would all turn him down.

Corker…maybe.  Corker did praise Trump’s foreign policy speech, so maybe he’s angling for VP.

Marsha Blackburn…as I noted in the VP denials thread, she was actually asked about being VP at CPAC, and she didn’t rule it out.  So maybe.

Trump is just too politically toxic to be able to get the A-list choices to agree to be on a ticket with him.  That’s why I was wondering if his best bet might be someone like Corker or Thune—someone who’s competent enough to be able to handle the national media without embarrassing themselves, but too boring or washed up to get another chance at being on a national ticket…meaning that they just might be desperate enough to agree to it this time.
bigedlb
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 11:27:29 PM »

Since there is a possibilty of Trump taking out Lyin Ted and Kasich the Slob over the next couple of weeks to seal up the nomination. The question begs who does he pick as his VP?

He faces the unique challenge of having both the Establishment and Conservative wings of the Party disliking him. As well as facing steep hills to climb with women and minority voters in the GE. Not to mention the concerns the inside the beltway has with him over his ableness to handle foreign policy and national security issues.

You know your signature could mean something.  Trump could pick Kasich.  Proper VP duties could  include taking first son Barron to McDonalds for breakfast.  Barron gets a happy meal, and Kasich could get himself hotcakes & sausage...
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 06:32:04 AM »

Marco Rubio
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 06:46:52 AM »

Carly Fiorina.
JRoby
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 06:52:37 AM »

Haley wouldn't make it past vetting.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 08:59:52 AM »

Martinez or Rubio should be the choice.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 09:05:45 AM »

Elvis.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 09:06:37 AM »

Ben Carson.

The brains and the braun.

Well i hear Carson is quite muscley anyway.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 09:14:10 AM »

I'm praying that he picks Sarah Palin. Hey, it could happen!
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 09:36:23 AM »

Whoever it is better be socially conservative.  Marsha Blackburn would be a great choice.  She has a little bit of the Trump "says it like it is persona" without being regarded like he is.

If you ever get to meet her, ask her about what the TV networks' acronyms stand for.  It's something like this:

ABC: All 'Bout Clinton
NBC: Nothin' But Clinton
CNN: Clinton News Network
CBS: Clinton BS Network
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 12:50:23 PM »

My guess right now is Christie. I think Trump will reward Christie's early endorsement, and will like Christie's ability to be an attack dog. He also probably won't care as much about Bridgegate as basically anyone else would. And Christie would probably take it, given that he doesn't have anything else to run for and is still fairly young. Sessions and Scott are also high on the list.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies