Could a Trump nomination cause an exodus of moderate Republicans? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:38:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Could a Trump nomination cause an exodus of moderate Republicans? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could a Trump nomination cause an exodus of moderate Republicans?  (Read 3146 times)
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« on: May 03, 2016, 07:41:27 AM »

I hope it does. Moderate republicans are basically liberals anyways

You don't live in an all white country;you can't win the presidency without votes from moderate republicans.
Even an all-white country wouldn't help you there; otherwise, Minnesota would be Atlas blue every time, and so would states like Maine.

Anyway, Trump is not a moderate. Single-payer universal healthcare is not moderate. Banning certain people from entering the country on the basis of religion is not moderate. Calling all Mexican illegal immigrants rapists is not moderate. Wanting to violate the Geneva Convention is not moderate.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 11:17:49 AM »

Can we not make this thread into a debate on abortion?
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 09:25:04 AM »

"Moderate Republicans" sat by and twiddled their thumbs while the Tea Party and former Dixiecrats have slowly but surely taken over their party. They are completely impotent and have no spine. 95% will fall in line with Trump.
If the actual Tea Party had "taken over" the GOP, Ted Cruz would be the nominee.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 05:26:09 PM »

"Moderate Republicans" sat by and twiddled their thumbs while the Tea Party and former Dixiecrats have slowly but surely taken over their party. They are completely impotent and have no spine. 95% will fall in line with Trump.
If the actual Tea Party had "taken over" the GOP, Ted Cruz would be the nominee.

Yes, your party's primary was a battle between the Tea Party and the former Dixiecrats. The Dixiecrats won. "Moderate Republicans" or even "mainstream Republicans" were about as irrelevant as possible. On the bright side, you guys did take Minnesota, Puerto Rico, DC, and Ohio (because of a home state effect.) Wink
I usually consider myself a Tea Party guy, but I didn't really like Cruz that much. I voted for him because by the time my state came around, it was pretty clear that a vote for Rubio was a wasted vote, and I didn't like Kasich.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies