Who, at this point, is more pathetic?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:27:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who, at this point, is more pathetic?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Jeb!

Lyin' Ted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Who, at this point, is more pathetic?  (Read 1309 times)
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2016, 03:22:10 AM »

Lyin' Ted imo. Jeb! disgraced himself and effectively brought an end to the Bush dynasty but he at least had the decency to drop out after South Carolina.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 03:29:36 AM »

JEB, swing state Governor Bush family etc etc..  Cruz was just over matched by Trump.  Hes also  only a 1st term senator.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 03:30:24 AM »

Man this forum has become mean-spirited.
dax00

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 03:32:31 AM »

At least Cruz can properly defend himself... Jeb! for sure.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 03:46:25 AM »

They're public figures and I don't think only mean spirited people would describe Ted Cruz's continuing campaign as 'pathetic,'

Jeb Bush may be a little unfair because he's pretty much stayed out of the media since dropping out, but he did run one of the most pathetic Presidential campaigns I've seen in a number of years. 
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 04:57:49 AM »

They're public figures and I don't think only mean spirited people would describe Ted Cruz's continuing campaign as 'pathetic,'

Jeb Bush may be a little unfair because he's pretty much stayed out of the media since dropping out, but he did run one of the most pathetic Presidential campaigns I've seen in a number of years. 

First of all, I don't think Jeb was pathetic. He ran a solid campaign but this was definitely the wrong year for it. A successful two-term governor with a solid record of achievements who was more moderate in tone. What the hell else do you want? He did well in several debates, and had good money behind him. It just was not his year.

So what? Let's belittle him and call him pathetic? This forum has become very cynical and mean-spirited. You think Trump is bad...jeez...
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 05:00:32 AM »

Ted is more pathetic in general, but Jeb is more pathetic with regards to this election.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 09:19:40 AM »

You simply can never beat Jeb Bush on any measure of pathety.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 09:29:33 AM »

I don't even consider Cruz pathetic.  He ran a competent campaign.  In the end he wasn't able to beat Trump, but he did a lot better than any other Republican candidate.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 09:42:24 AM »

op
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 12:41:30 PM »

First of all, I don't think Jeb was pathetic. He ran a solid campaign but this was definitely the wrong year for it. A successful two-term governor with a solid record of achievements who was more moderate in tone. What the hell else do you want? He did well in several debates, and had good money behind him. It just was not his year.

So what? Let's belittle him and call him pathetic? This forum has become very cynical and mean-spirited. You think Trump is bad...jeez...

I did not call Jeb Bush pathetic, I said he ran a pathetic campaign.  If you can't see the obvious difference, you need to get over your love for him.  However, if you genuinely can't see any difference and are unhappy with me, I have just two words for you: "stuff happens."
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 01:07:49 PM »

Trump is more pathetic than either of them.
Fargobison

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 01:16:24 PM »

Jeb had no business running, I think he is a nice guy and would be a good leader but this was never going to be his cycle. He struggled the entire time finding any traction even though he had a massive warchest and his presence in the race hurt more viable candidates.

Ted has run a smart campaign and has gotten far for being a one term senator that is very conservative. I do think he has made some mistakes, embracing Trump early is a big one.

The answer is Jeb for forcing something that was never going to happen.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 01:51:43 PM »

"Ironic" Trump supporters
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 02:09:20 PM »

Equal parts of pathetic, although later this evening, I'd probably go with Cruz...
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 03:03:51 PM »

"Please clap"
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 03:11:28 PM »

Jeb, and its not even close. Pathetic practically defines the way Jeb Bush ran his campaign, desperate and distasteful describes Cruz's campaign at this point.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 05:51:50 PM »

Jeb is a good man, and he was the most qualified candidate to run this year based on issue knowledge and preparation for the job. He didn't do well in the primaries, but he did not disgrace himself or his family. It was sad to watch, but I respect him more after this primary season than I did before. I'm confident George P. Bush will be a contender in 8-12 years.

Cruz is more pathetic because he's been running for president his whole life and displayed some disgraceful behavior along the way, but is still never going to be president.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 05:55:19 PM »

Cruz was getting to the part where he could have made it to the convention and won a brokered convention.  Right about that point, he began to show just how unlikable he is.  Now, if Trump is stopped short of 1,237 and the Establishment wants to contest it, there's no reason they won't just change the rules and install Kasich or some other Establishment Republican they think can win.

Cruz has played the game horribly for the last 3 weeks.  Trump has gotten to him, finally.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies