Democratic Indiana Primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:43:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Indiana Primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
Author Topic: Democratic Indiana Primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET)  (Read 26307 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: May 03, 2016, 11:15:50 PM »

You have Minnesota county data?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #476 on: May 03, 2016, 11:17:00 PM »

Sanders spent millions in Indiana. Hillary spent nothing, literally  0 dollars. They'll probably split the delegates, i'd call this a good night for Clinton.

I'm actually happy. Clinton is spending money setting up an organization in Colorado, Florida, and Ohio in order to beat Trump while Sanders keep winning states. I get the best of both worlds.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #477 on: May 03, 2016, 11:20:03 PM »

The Twin Cities required minimal guesswork based on the reported results: IIRC, it's mathematically possible, but extremely unlikely, that my estimate produced the wrong gradient in - I think - only two counties.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #478 on: May 03, 2016, 11:20:09 PM »

Sanders spent millions in Indiana. Hillary spent nothing, literally  0 dollars. They'll probably split the delegates, i'd call this a good night for Clinton.

I'm actually happy. Clinton is spending money setting up an organization in Colorado, Florida, and Ohio in order to beat Trump while Sanders keep winning states. I get the best of both worlds.

This is why Hillary won South Dakota in 2008, because Obama pivoted to the general already.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #479 on: May 03, 2016, 11:41:15 PM »

Turnout in Perry County:

Democrats: 2472
Republicans: 2414

Another one:

Scott County:
Republicans: 2896
Democrats: 2876

Perhaps more surprising, considering that Scott went for Romney by 6 points in 2012.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #480 on: May 03, 2016, 11:51:31 PM »

I'd like to semi-apologize for my rude comments about Indiana. Sanders is still a wonderful fit for this state and I expect him to narrowly win due to the angry male populist voters in this state who are tired of the Washington establishment (which is why Trump won on the Republican side).

Trump is the establishment. Please with all due respect, wake up

No, he really isn't.

Except he is. If you want my prof. Just look at his political views for the past 40 years. Cruz was the conservative outsider. Trump is establishment insider. He supported gang of 8 before he opposed it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #481 on: May 03, 2016, 11:57:50 PM »

Another one (not a surprise, if you know the county):

Vigo County (61 of 89 precincts reporting)
Democratic: 13476
Republican: 13156
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #482 on: May 03, 2016, 11:59:05 PM »

I'd like to semi-apologize for my rude comments about Indiana. Sanders is still a wonderful fit for this state and I expect him to narrowly win due to the angry male populist voters in this state who are tired of the Washington establishment (which is why Trump won on the Republican side).

No, he really isn't.

Except he is. If you want my prof. Just look at his political views for the past 40 years. Cruz was the conservative outsider. Trump is establishment insider. He supported gang of 8 before he opposed it.

White nationalism is (fortunately) way more 'outsider' than the tiresome pieties of 'movement conservatism'.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #483 on: May 04, 2016, 12:02:05 AM »

Vermillion County:

Republican: 2442
Democratic: 2383
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #484 on: May 04, 2016, 12:14:46 AM »

Predicted this margin on AAD ftr, will now accept accolades

We should give you accolades here for predicting something right on another forum?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #485 on: May 04, 2016, 12:16:12 AM »

Congratulations to Sanders on his win in Indiana. However, now it is time for him to unite the Democratic Party because the GOP is going to unite as best they can behind Trump

Uhhh... Bernie is an independent, and many, many of his supporters are independents.  It's not our damn party.  Take it and shove it.  

Why can't Her Highness unite it?  Why do you need us?  

Sad.

Independents are sad?  More independents than members of our two awful parties.  The independent mindset must have something right about it.

There isn't an 'Independent' mindset.

There aren't a huge number of people in this country who don't see either party as a solution to the problems we face?  Lol.  

Take a seat, hack.  You're not worth my time.  

Polnut being called a hack....by Hockey Dude.

ROFLMAO
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #486 on: May 04, 2016, 01:19:25 AM »

RIP the Democratic map now? Wait to see if Bernie wins West Virginia. And what a spectacular swing from Clinton '08 to Sanders '16 if he won there; West Virginia was her second best state in '08 right behind Arkansas.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #487 on: May 04, 2016, 02:01:53 AM »

Congratulations to Sanders on his win in Indiana. However, now it is time for him to unite the Democratic Party because the GOP is going to unite as best they can behind Trump

Uhhh... Bernie is an independent, and many, many of his supporters are independents.  It's not our damn party.  Take it and shove it.  

Why can't Her Highness unite it?  Why do you need us?  

Sad.

Independents are sad?  More independents than members of our two awful parties.  The independent mindset must have something right about it.

There isn't an 'Independent' mindset.

There aren't a huge number of people in this country who don't see either party as a solution to the problems we face?  Lol.  

Take a seat, hack.  You're not worth my time.  

I think considering your behaviour this season, you're the last person who should throw 'hack' around.

And my point... which you chose to ignore so you could make another proclamation wasn't that there are people who are Independent and don't feel part of the two-party system, but that there isn't an 'Independent mindset' that unites them or signifies a movement. Because the whole concept of the Independent has been shattered in the last decade. There isn't anything that defines someone as an Independent, other than not registering with a party... that's it.  

My behaviour?  Sorry, dad.  I'm sure the docile teen loyalists that flood this place are easier to get along with because they love picking a team, but i don't roll that way.  

And rejection of the two parties is clearly enough in my eyes.  It's not like the two parties don't have their own pissing matches.  There are plenty of advantages to aligning oneself with the Dems or GOP.  To reject it shows more than enough agreement to consider the collective.

Lol. I would identitfy as an Independent if I were an American, and perhaps the only drawback of doing so would be that I'd inevitably be lumped into a group with the likes of you. Being so devoted to extremist ideological purity that you cannot support candidates who would actually move things in the direction you want is not something I respect. I doubt I am alone in thinking this way.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #488 on: May 04, 2016, 02:12:28 AM »

No, he really isn't.

White nationalism is (fortunately) way more 'outsider' than the tiresome pieties of 'movement conservatism'.

Sure, but New York real-estate magnate turned TV show personality is still a very insidery description.

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #489 on: May 04, 2016, 10:07:33 AM »

Holy sh*t, looks like Sanders won Marion after all! I know his victory here is inconsequential, but seriously, who would've guessed this!? Also, imagine telling people a year ago that Sanders was going to win a state like Indiana...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies