Republican Indiana Primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:17:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Indiana Primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18
Author Topic: Republican Indiana Primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET)  (Read 32055 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: May 03, 2016, 10:31:46 PM »

I am supporting Trump now. there is always a chance to retake the party in 2020 or 2024, but Trump won't be a bad president

I've waited my entire politically active life (volunteered since 1994/first vote in 2000) for an opportunity to vote for a full blown constitutional conservative. The fact my fellow Hoosiers were the ones to take that away from me in as important an election like this one for a liberal like Trump genuinely hurt. It's sad you also took down another good man in Marlin Stutzman in that process as well. I will not bow my knee to the Trumpstapo or Donald Trump. I will also not bow my vote for Jezebel Hillary either. As a conservative I will not sit down or shut up and will fight to give birth to a new conservative movement rooted in Reagan, JFK, Coolidge, Cleveland and the Founders.

Join team Walker 2020!!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #401 on: May 03, 2016, 10:40:38 PM »

I am supporting Trump now. there is always a chance to retake the party in 2020 or 2024, but Trump won't be a bad president

I've waited my entire politically active life (volunteered since 1994/first vote in 2000) for an opportunity to vote for a full blown constitutional conservative. The fact my fellow Hoosiers were the ones to take that away from me in as important an election like this one for a liberal like Trump genuinely hurt. It's sad you also took down another good man in Marlin Stutzman in that process as well. I will not bow my knee to the Trumpstapo or Donald Trump. I will also not bow my vote for Jezebel Hillary either. As a conservative I will not sit down or shut up and will fight to give birth to a new conservative movement rooted in Reagan, JFK, Coolidge, Cleveland and the Founders.

Join team Walker 2020!!

Walker was on my shortlist early on (behind Paul, Cruz, Rubio, Fiorina, Carson and will likely be on my shortlist regardless.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #402 on: May 03, 2016, 11:18:33 PM »

If it is any consolation, I supported Stutzman as well and was hoping he could pull it off.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #403 on: May 03, 2016, 11:48:29 PM »

Walker would surely drive this country into the ground.  He's a terrible governor, would make an even worse president.  I'll vote 3rd party, but I'm interested to see what President Trump turns out to be.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #404 on: May 04, 2016, 12:02:23 AM »

Did Trump win CD-3?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #405 on: May 04, 2016, 12:05:12 AM »

Walker... Walker... Who was he again?Was he that guy who actually did run for president for about two months, and made gaffe after gaffe, and saw a lead in Iowa as well as some national polls turn into a 1-2% showing in polls? Yeah, I'm sure he's ready for primetime now, lol.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #406 on: May 04, 2016, 12:15:54 AM »

If it is any consolation, I supported Stutzman as well and was hoping he could pull it off.

That's twice he got punked by the establishment wing for their preferred candidate. This may move my time line up on some of my aspirations if we (geologist and I) stay in Indiana.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #407 on: May 04, 2016, 12:16:53 AM »

According to Green Papers, yes:
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/IN-R
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #408 on: May 04, 2016, 12:18:53 AM »

Wow. A clean 57 delegate sweep!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #409 on: May 04, 2016, 12:24:33 AM »

Yuck
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #410 on: May 04, 2016, 12:50:34 AM »

What in the heck happened to Cruz in Indiana?Huh     
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #411 on: May 04, 2016, 12:52:21 AM »

Voters finally found out he was the Zodiac killer and his dad helped kill JFK.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #412 on: May 04, 2016, 12:53:37 AM »

Cruz's campaign collapsed. He had the party steal him delegates at the conventions in Colorado, Wyoming and North Dakota, then came in 3rd in five of the following six primaries, made an alliance with Kasich that everyone saw through, was desperate enough to choose a VP - Carly Fiorina of all people - and then lowered himself to Trump's level like Rubio did and started attacking Trump with his own style of attacks. If people had to decide between Trump and a cheap desperate knock off, they'll go with the real thing.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #413 on: May 04, 2016, 12:54:33 AM »

Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #414 on: May 04, 2016, 02:08:43 AM »

Walker ran a godawful 2016 campaign, but unlike the multitudes of others who did, at least he realized it and got out early enough to salvage his own career. He still has all the strengths that allowed him to start the 2016 cycle as a strong second place, and if he can learn from the mistakes he made this cycle he can start off 2020 as a strong candidate.

I know he's on my short-list.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #415 on: May 04, 2016, 02:10:30 AM »

Walker ran a godawful 2016 campaign, but unlike the multitudes of others who did, at least he realized it and got out early enough to salvage his own career. He still has all the strengths that allowed him to start the 2016 cycle as a strong second place, and if he can learn from the mistakes he made this cycle he can start off 2020 as a strong candidate.

Yes.  Whether Trump wins or loses, the GOP will have a primary in 2020.  I see Trump as a one-termer.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #416 on: May 04, 2016, 02:11:02 AM »

How can one "learn" from being so bland and boring that Republican primary voters couldn't care less about you?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #417 on: May 04, 2016, 02:15:18 AM »

How can one "learn" from being so bland and boring that Republican primary voters couldn't care less about you?

Walker's problem was that he couldn't give straight answers to certain topics and gave ludicrous answers to others (ie, he suggested in a press conference once to build a wall with Canada). By the time of the debates, he had already dropped down below second place in the standings, and obviously he's boring enough that he's not capable of seizing attention at a debate like, say, Cruz is -- the man needs the attention cast on him, but he would get that if he were in the middle of the stage and polling at a top level.

Walker can't break out of a field. If he starts at the top (as he did in 2016), he never has to. He needs to avoid the mistakes that caused him to start dropping in 2016.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #418 on: May 04, 2016, 01:55:38 PM »

AP has now put up the CD-7 results, and it easily voted for TRUMP. Also we now have sufficient information from CD-3 to call it for TRUMP.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2016/by_cd/IN_GOP_0503_VD.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=POLITICS

IT'S A TRUMP SWEEP OF THE INDIANA DELEGATES

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #419 on: May 04, 2016, 02:46:52 PM »

From someone I know, the decision to drop out was made at 3AM yesterday morning to drop out.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #420 on: May 04, 2016, 02:54:30 PM »

From someone I know, the decision to drop out was made at 3AM yesterday morning to drop out.

Wait, the decision to drop out was made before the results came in?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #421 on: May 04, 2016, 02:56:36 PM »

They knew which way the wind was blowing.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #422 on: May 04, 2016, 02:58:48 PM »

He made the decision on himself, his advisors and him had a meeting from late on Monday to early Tuesday morning and his advisers said to stay in but he wouldn't budge and supposedly it was bad and he was very bad. And he wrote his speech last night all by himself last night in his room alone.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #423 on: May 04, 2016, 05:03:26 PM »

lol

Kasich is now OUT!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix