Republican Indiana Primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:30:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Indiana Primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Indiana Primary results thread (first polls close at 6pm ET)  (Read 32058 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 03, 2016, 01:48:40 PM »

How is turnout in Indiana.  It's an open primary
From what I am hearing, in some places its very high and in some places its medium. Suburbs and cities have very high turnout. Also JCL told me that in his area (Kokomo/Fort Wayne) turnout is extremely high.

Fort Wayne is the fiancées area.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 02:48:57 PM »

Highest turnout I've ever seen in my history of voting
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 03:17:16 PM »

I really hope Todd Young defeats Marlin Stutzman. Republicans can't afford to lose another IN seat. And Stutzman isn't even to the right of Young.

Hope you're wrong on that. go Marlin
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 03:29:25 PM »

I really hope Todd Young defeats Marlin Stutzman. Republicans can't afford to lose another IN seat. And Stutzman isn't even to the right of Young.

Hope you're wrong on that. go Marlin

Yeah, Joe Donnelly and Baron Hill have also endorsed Stutzman, from what I've heard. They're #ready4Marlin.

He's more conservative by house record than Young.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 03:57:48 PM »

Todd Young will defeat Marlin Stutzman by at least 20 points.

But one another note, the Trump campaign is saying that Trump isn't on ballots and that people can't vote for him. idk about that because Trump was on my ballot

Young will lose to Stutzman
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 04:26:21 PM »

59% want a candidate outside the establishment

RIP Lyin' Ted

Trump is the establishment Cruz is the outsider
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 04:33:38 PM »

59% want a candidate outside the establishment

RIP Lyin' Ted

Trump is the establishment Cruz is the outsider

Nope.

Trump has bankrolled leftist causes for 40 years and donated to the Clintons (Trump supported Gang of Cool. So yes Trump is establishment and Cruz is not. Thank you come again when you do your homework.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 06:22:20 PM »

The establishment wing of the GOP wins again and cheats me of voting for an actual Reagan conservative  (sorry kids Trump v Clinton is Democrat vs Democrat).
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 06:41:46 PM »

The establishment wing of the GOP wins again and cheats me of voting for an actual Reagan conservative  (sorry kids Trump v Clinton is Democrat vs Democrat).

Maybe because the voters of the GOP are moving more and more away from Reaganite Conservatism, to a different mix of conservativism. For a long time the right in the GOP, was protectionist and isolationist. They supported Taft against the Eastern Internationalist Establishment, helped to propel Goldwater largely because he was the enemy of their enemy, the Eastern Establishment. Later generations of Conservatives embraced the Goldwater-Reagan approact to foreign policy, trade and immigration. Why is so unthinkable that Conservatism might morph somewhat as the decades go by, or possibly even revert to the way it was with Taft?

If they wanted a return to Taft, Cruz was that guy too.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 07:25:53 PM »

Where's JCL? He insisted Cruz and Stutzman had it in the bag!

They should've. Sadly my fellow Hoosiers listened to the media and Trump immigration ad. Stutzman was a case of Mitch McConnell and John Boehner punishing Indiana's best congressemen because he wouldn't toe their line.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 07:34:10 PM »

The GOP Nominee doesn't hate gay people.   Yay!!

Trump just handed the country to Hillary.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 07:37:23 PM »

#NeverTrump #NeverHillary
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 07:39:51 PM »

Kasich is really fulfilling his Ron Paul duties quite well.

Kasich is not Ron Paul.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 07:51:15 PM »

Our long national nightmare is over.

No.... It's only just begun.

The GOP has died
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 08:00:13 PM »

I am proud of the GOP tonight.

Well done Indiana

Because you want Hillary ultimately
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 08:02:10 PM »

Well, let me say this to our friends here on this forum. I am Trump supporter now sadly. But shut the  up, do you have any human decency at all. I would've said this for Trump, but the guy put his family on the front line. People said he had multiple affairs, his wife was ugly and his dad killed JFK. But congrats to Trump and his supporters and God Bless Ted Cruz. God Bless America too we really need your help.

I'm not joining you on supporting Trump. Our faith and principals that stem from them matter and that's why. Trump vs Clinton is Democrat vs Democrat. There is no Republican candidate now.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 08:26:59 PM »

Well, let me say this to our friends here on this forum. I am Trump supporter now sadly. But shut the  up, do you have any human decency at all. I would've said this for Trump, but the guy put his family on the front line. People said he had multiple affairs, his wife was ugly and his dad killed JFK. But congrats to Trump and his supporters and God Bless Ted Cruz. God Bless America too we really need your help.

I'm not joining you on supporting Trump. Our faith and principals that stem from them matter and that's why. Trump vs Clinton is Democrat vs Democrat. There is no Republican candidate now.

Just because he isn't a Glenn Beck-style kook does not mean he is a Democrat.
He's been a Democrat for much of his life.  He was pro-choice until he wasn't.  Gave money to Hillary Clinton.  Supported single payer.  What more evidence do you need?! 

This is what I've tried to say.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 08:31:08 PM »

This is about more than conservative ideology.  It's about tyranny.  I've been a Cruz supporter from the beginning.  I will be voting for Clinton in this election because the Trump movement is evil.  

Please reconsider.

I'm not voting for either one. It's Democrat vs Democrat. The GOP has died and it not coming back.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 10:22:03 PM »

I am supporting Trump now. there is always a chance to retake the party in 2020 or 2024, but Trump won't be a bad president

I've waited my entire politically active life (volunteered since 1994/first vote in 2000) for an opportunity to vote for a full blown constitutional conservative. The fact my fellow Hoosiers were the ones to take that away from me in as important an election like this one for a liberal like Trump genuinely hurt. It's sad you also took down another good man in Marlin Stutzman in that process as well. I will not bow my knee to the Trumpstapo or Donald Trump. I will also not bow my vote for Jezebel Hillary either. As a conservative I will not sit down or shut up and will fight to give birth to a new conservative movement rooted in Reagan, JFK, Coolidge, Cleveland and the Founders.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 10:40:38 PM »

I am supporting Trump now. there is always a chance to retake the party in 2020 or 2024, but Trump won't be a bad president

I've waited my entire politically active life (volunteered since 1994/first vote in 2000) for an opportunity to vote for a full blown constitutional conservative. The fact my fellow Hoosiers were the ones to take that away from me in as important an election like this one for a liberal like Trump genuinely hurt. It's sad you also took down another good man in Marlin Stutzman in that process as well. I will not bow my knee to the Trumpstapo or Donald Trump. I will also not bow my vote for Jezebel Hillary either. As a conservative I will not sit down or shut up and will fight to give birth to a new conservative movement rooted in Reagan, JFK, Coolidge, Cleveland and the Founders.

Join team Walker 2020!!

Walker was on my shortlist early on (behind Paul, Cruz, Rubio, Fiorina, Carson and will likely be on my shortlist regardless.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 12:15:54 AM »

If it is any consolation, I supported Stutzman as well and was hoping he could pull it off.

That's twice he got punked by the establishment wing for their preferred candidate. This may move my time line up on some of my aspirations if we (geologist and I) stay in Indiana.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2016, 12:24:33 AM »

Yuck
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies