Cruz finally goes off on Trump--tell us "what [he] really thinks"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:54:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Cruz finally goes off on Trump--tell us "what [he] really thinks"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cruz finally goes off on Trump--tell us "what [he] really thinks"  (Read 761 times)
yankeesfan
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2016, 12:50:49 PM »
« edited: May 03, 2016, 12:53:14 PM by yankeesfan »

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/05/03/ted-cruz-unloads-trump-indiana-im-going-tell-really-think-donald-trump.-video/

Cruz: I’m going to do something I haven’t done for the entire campaign, for those of y’all who have traveled with me all across the country. I’m going to tell you what I really think of Donald Trump. This man is a pathological liar. He doesn’t know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth. And, in a pattern that I think is straight out of a psychology textbook, his response is to accuse everybody else of lying.

He accuses everybody on that debate stage of lying, and it’s simply a mindless yell. Whatever he does, he accuses everyone else of doing.

The man cannot tell the truth, but he combines it with being a narcissist. A narcissist at a level – I don’t think this country’s ever seen. Donald Trump is such a narcissist that Barack Obama looks at him and goes, “Dude, what’s your problem?” Everything in Donald’s world is about Donald.

And he combines being a pathological liar… and I say pathological because I actually think Donald, if you hooked him up to a lie detector test, he could say one thing in the morning, one thing at noon, and one thing in the evening, all contradictory, and he’d pass the lie detector test each time. Whatever lie he’s telling at that minute, he believes it.

But the man is utterly amoral. [Reporter starts a question] Let, let me finish this, please. The man is utterly amoral. Morality does not exist for him. It’s why he went after Heidi directly and smeared my wife. Attacked her. Apparently she’s not pretty enough for Donald Trump. I may be biased but I think if he’s making that allegation, he’s also legally blind.

But Donald is a bully. You know, we just visited with fifth graders. Every one of us knew bullies in elementary school. Bullies don’t come from strength, bullies come from weakness. Bullies come from a deep, yawning cavern of insecurity. There is a reason Donald builds giant buildings and puts his name on them everywhere he goes.

And I will say, there are millions of people in this country who are angry. They’re angry at Washington, they’re angry at politicians who have lied to them, I understand that anger. I share that anger. And Donald is cynically exploiting that anger, and he is lying to his supporters.

Donald will betray his supporters on every issue. If you care about immigration, Donald is laughing at you. And he’s telling the moneyed elites that he doesn’t believe what he’s saying, he’s not gonna build a wall – that’s what he told the New York Times, he will betray you on every issue across the board.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 01:04:34 PM »

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/05/03/ted-cruz-unloads-trump-indiana-im-going-tell-really-think-donald-trump.-video/

Cruz: I’m going to do something I haven’t done for the entire campaign, for those of y’all who have traveled with me all across the country. I’m going to tell you what I really think of Donald Trump. This man is a pathological liar. He doesn’t know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth. And, in a pattern that I think is straight out of a psychology textbook, his response is to accuse everybody else of lying.

He accuses everybody on that debate stage of lying, and it’s simply a mindless yell. Whatever he does, he accuses everyone else of doing.

The man cannot tell the truth, but he combines it with being a narcissist. A narcissist at a level – I don’t think this country’s ever seen. Donald Trump is such a narcissist that Barack Obama looks at him and goes, “Dude, what’s your problem?” Everything in Donald’s world is about Donald.

And he combines being a pathological liar… and I say pathological because I actually think Donald, if you hooked him up to a lie detector test, he could say one thing in the morning, one thing at noon, and one thing in the evening, all contradictory, and he’d pass the lie detector test each time. Whatever lie he’s telling at that minute, he believes it.

But the man is utterly amoral. [Reporter starts a question] Let, let me finish this, please. The man is utterly amoral. Morality does not exist for him. It’s why he went after Heidi directly and smeared my wife. Attacked her. Apparently she’s not pretty enough for Donald Trump. I may be biased but I think if he’s making that allegation, he’s also legally blind.

But Donald is a bully. You know, we just visited with fifth graders. Every one of us knew bullies in elementary school. Bullies don’t come from strength, bullies come from weakness. Bullies come from a deep, yawning cavern of insecurity. There is a reason Donald builds giant buildings and puts his name on them everywhere he goes.

And I will say, there are millions of people in this country who are angry. They’re angry at Washington, they’re angry at politicians who have lied to them, I understand that anger. I share that anger. And Donald is cynically exploiting that anger, and he is lying to his supporters.

Donald will betray his supporters on every issue. If you care about immigration, Donald is laughing at you. And he’s telling the moneyed elites that he doesn’t believe what he’s saying, he’s not gonna build a wall – that’s what he told the New York Times, he will betray you on every issue across the board.

It is a weird time in our politics that Ted Cruz is the voice of reason in the GOP while supposedly decent Republicans like Huntsman are rallying around Trump. Also, thanks for the ad material, this is gold for the fall campaign.
Fargobison

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 01:08:39 PM »

Shame Ted wasn't saying this from day 1, may have made a difference.
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 01:11:49 PM »

That is a very true point. Cruz did more in the summer and fall to legitimize Trump, in a cynical ploy to endear himself to Trump supporters, than anyone else. Still, better late than never.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 01:26:48 PM »

Too little, too late for Ted.

I would say Trump us a bigger liar.

And Trump is an A grade narcissist.

Both good qualities for a US politician.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 01:29:06 PM »

Barring a Hoosier miracle tonight, it won't matter.  If we get that miracle, though, this could spark new life going forward.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 02:05:02 PM »

Too bad Lyin' Ted spent nearly an entire year saying how fantastic Trump was.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 02:29:46 PM »

But will he back him in November? Of course.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 03:11:06 PM »

Too bad Lyin' Ted spent nearly an entire year saying how fantastic Trump was.

lol, yep.

This sounds like the last gasps of a campaign about to die. Rubio 2.0
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 03:25:58 PM »

I really don't think he will. When has Ted Cruz ever put the interests of the Republican party above his own political advancement? It makes far more sense for him to break with the Republicans and become a leading figure in a new conservative opposition than to support Trump.

Granted, I think having as many Republicans as possible opposing Trump actually is in the best interest of the Republican party, at least in terms of its long-term viability (it obviously isn't for the short term), but that's beside the point.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 03:26:56 PM »

Accurate (if incomplete) summation of Don Trump.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 03:32:26 PM »

I really don't think he will. When has Ted Cruz ever put the interests of the Republican party above his own political advancement? It makes far more sense for him to break with the Republicans and become a leading figure in a new conservative opposition than to support Trump.

Granted, I think having as many Republicans as possible opposing Trump actually is in the best interest of the Republican party, at least in terms of its long-term viability (it obviously isn't for the short term), but that's beside the point.

Because he wants to run again in 2020. The same reason that loser Lavenous Marco is now backing Trump.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 03:34:53 PM »

Well, he's not completely wrong.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 03:36:43 PM »

He would've gotten destroyed if he did that early on.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 04:08:32 PM »

goooood shıt right there. shame it had to come from such a questionable source as ted cruz.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 05:49:11 PM »

Didn't he also recently accuse Trump of having sexually-transmitted diseases from all his affairs?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 05:50:19 PM »

Is anything he said even controversial?
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 07:15:44 PM »

Not the things he said, the people he killed.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 07:18:30 PM »

Except he didn't go off

It was the same fake stage-y thing he does. It was the same when he "told off" Trump about his wife - it really wasn't much of anything.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 07:24:40 PM »

Sure, Lying Ted would have been destroyed for it, but so would Trump if he had done this early on. There are so many times in debates and otherwise where people had perfect chances to attack Trump, but didn't.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies