Changing Political Affiliation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:59:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Changing Political Affiliation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Changing Political Affiliation  (Read 1342 times)
Kempros
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2016, 06:10:34 PM »
« edited: July 14, 2016, 03:46:51 PM by Kempros »

Since Trump will probably will be the GOP nominee, I will be changing my political affiliation to independent from Republican. I feel like his attacks are very personal, and as a strong Christian, he violates many of my values and principals. Anybody else feel the same?

-Update: The way that Clinton lies, and personal gain type activities will persuade me to rethink this.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 06:13:21 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2016, 06:22:52 PM by Moderate Hero »

Since Trump will probably will be the GOP nominee, I will be changing my political affiliation to independent from Republican. I feel like his attacks are very personal, and as a strong Christian, he violates many of my values and principals. Anybody else feel the same?
Just changed
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 06:17:50 PM »

If Trump wins the general, I may change my registration to Republican. For every voter like you, there's a voter like me.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 06:22:17 PM »

If Trump wins the general, I may change my registration to Republican. For every voter like you, there's a voter like me.

Because you can't vote for Trump being a registered Democrat...?

Anyway, I wouldn't change my registration if Satan was the GOP nominee; it literally has zero effect on how I vote on Election Day, and I'm an ancestral Republican.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 06:39:55 PM »

Anyway, I wouldn't change my registration if Satan was the GOP nominee; it literally has zero effect on how I vote on Election Day, and I'm an ancestral Republican.
If Trump can encourage a generation of Republican populists to run for office, I'd like to be able to help them get into office.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 06:40:28 PM »

So you are, quite literally, a RINO? Wink
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 07:04:56 PM »

Well, I've voted for POTUS one time, and I checked straight ticket Republican. Smiley
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 07:09:39 PM »

I used to be a registered Democrat. First vote was for Obama 2008. I liked Huntsman, but he was out by the time I voted, so I stayed a Democrat.

Changed party registration to vote for TRUMP!
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 07:53:50 PM »

trump still isn't the nominee, and even if he is, I'm still a Republican. Why should I let a con-artist lead me straight into the "loving" arms of Mrs. Clinton?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 08:11:56 PM »

.... Do you want me to teach you to read usernames?

"So you are, quite literally, a Goldwaterite, Goldwater?"
Tongue
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 08:13:46 PM »

So, you are, quite literally, the King of Poleons?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 08:22:19 PM »

Yes. I rule over all Poleons.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 09:39:51 PM »

I am probably going to change my registration to Democrat in June, but mostly so I don't have to be in the same party as Lyin' Ted. He made me change my avatar months ago.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 09:46:36 PM »

.... Do you want me to teach you to read usernames?

"So you are, quite literally, a Goldwaterite, Goldwater?"
Tongue

I'd be glad to teach you about being tongue-in-cheek, too, as my username is 100% sarcastic and making fun of people who are dumb enough to use the terms RINO and DINO in serious conversation. Wink
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 12:46:24 AM »

Although maybe one could simply vote for the other party in one election, it would make sense for him to associate moreso with the Republicans if he feels that the rest of the Republican electorate is on the same page as he is (as is the case with the Trump nomination).

It's likely that you're just afraid to admit the reverse - that your party has been taken over by basket-cases but you don't want to leave it.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 03:01:30 AM »

I've never been a republican in name but I have voted more for republicans than for democrats. If I had been one though, I certainly wouldn't be one now. Trump is the worst nominee in my lifetime by far, probably the worst nominee ever.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 09:48:18 AM »

Although maybe one could simply vote for the other party in one election, it would make sense for him to associate moreso with the Republicans if he feels that the rest of the Republican electorate is on the same page as he is (as is the case with the Trump nomination).

It's likely that you're just afraid to admit the reverse - that your party has been taken over by basket-cases but you don't want to leave it.

I certainly am not happy with my party and yes, I'd never leave it registration-wise; however, based on your previous posts, I'd say you have a much more positive view than I do about what it *means* to be a registered Democrat, and I don't see your party as providing a greener pasture.  Mrs. Clinton very well might have my vote over social issues, but as bad as Trump is dragging us on economics ... you guys are already there and then some.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 08:26:23 PM »

Wisconsin doesn't have partisan registration so it's not a thing I can do. However, for all intents and purposes I am no longer a Republican.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 09:59:10 PM »

Wisconsin doesn't have partisan registration so it's not a thing I can do. However, for all intents and purposes I am no longer a Republican.

You were before?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 10:08:08 PM »

Let's not give up on our party because of one nomination.  I am proud to be a conservative Republican!!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 10:35:05 PM »

Let's not give up on our party because of one nomination.  I am proud to be a conservative Republican!!

Don't you want at least a few of us to give up?  I mean, if we don't break the political compass because we're so far right, we are whack job liberal RINOs in your strange little world.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2016, 10:40:50 PM »

Don't you want at least a few of us to give up?  I mean, if we don't break the political compass because we're so far right, we are whack job liberal RINOs in your strange little world.

No, the more Republicans the better
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2016, 10:43:43 PM »

You were before?

Huh? I've voted for way, way more Republicans than Democrats in my life.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2016, 11:22:55 PM »

This is just me, but I think that I am actually more glad to be a Republican with the possibility of a Cruz/Kasich/Ryan nomination being shot. I guess that shows how different we Southern Republicans are from Yankee ones.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2016, 11:36:37 PM »

You know if TRUMP ditched the whole xenophobic immigration attitude then he'd be far more of a real Republican than almost anyone in Congress right now.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies