Political affiliation / Best of these 3 beers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:20:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Political affiliation / Best of these 3 beers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Political affliation? / Blue Moon, Bud Light, or Sam Adams?
Democrat / Blue Moon

Democrat / Bud Light

Democrat / Sam Adams

Republican / Blue Moon

Republican / Bud Light

Republican / Sam Adams

Libertarian / Blue Moon

Libertarian / Bud Light

Libertarian / Sam Adams

Polish Beer-Lovers' Party / Pliny the Elder

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Political affiliation / Best of these 3 beers  (Read 2372 times)
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2016, 01:04:43 AM »

Democrat, blue moon running away with sam adams a close second and bud light a VERY distant third. Bud Light barely counts as beer imo anyway.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 04:26:18 PM »

I've yet to sample a beer I liked.  A few I could tolerate, but none that I liked as I do not care for the taste of hops. Maybe if I took the time to sample more beers I'd find one, but I've got far better things to do with my time than that since I only drink very occasionally.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 07:06:26 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2016, 07:14:42 AM by angus »

I've yet to sample a beer I liked.  A few I could tolerate, but none that I liked as I do not care for the taste of hops. Maybe if I took the time to sample more beers I'd find one, but I've got far better things to do with my time than that since I only drink very occasionally.

I'm not a huge beer fan either, and I've also sampled ciders and Zima and other alternatives to beer.  I usually take red wine with my meal and cocktails or cognac if I'm just drinking.  Still, there's a right time for beer.  You might like Pliny the Elder better than those other three.  I know I do.  It has a flowery nose and a fruity palate at first, but it is dry and has a long, bitter finish, not unlike Sierra Nevada.  Around here, there are many brew houses and ale companies that make their own various seasonal varieties.  Some are brown, some are golden, some are black, and some are so heavy and calorie-laden that they are a meal in themselves.  Those are the ones I like best.

I disagree that there's any correlation between party affiliation and choice among these three beers.  This small sample size suggests that Bud Light would be least favored, and that's not surprising.  Blue Moon and Sam Adams are roughly tied (20=12 given this straw polls unpredictably large margin of error), and if we had a really large sample of voters that parity would likely remain true.  Pliny is getting about as many votes as Bud Light--4 and 3 votes, respectively--which is also not surprising, owing perhaps not the flavor of either of those brews, but rather to familiarity (or lack thereof), and to the fact that the poll title is a bit misleading:  it asks respondents to choose from among three options but actually there are four options.  This may well be part of a psychology graduate student's thesis work.  One feels pressured to vote for one of the first three choices, even though the fourth choice is superior to any of the other three.  

Judging by the enthusiastic look on the snaggletooth face kalwejt showed us, I'd guess that those three brown bottles with yellow labels probably contain some tasty brew as well.  I can't quite make out a brand name.  Owing to an odd twist of legislation, beer is actually more difficult to come by in Pennsylvania than hard liquor or wine.  As it happens, about 600 meters from my front door is a joint that offers 24 beers on tap and about 140 different types of bottled beer, and it's right next door to a "Fine Wine and Good Spirits" store.  If you're ever in Manheim Township I'll show you the place.  I've no doubt that you'll be able to find some ale or beer among those that will please your palate.  

Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 07:23:39 AM »

I've yet to sample a beer I liked.  A few I could tolerate, but none that I liked as I do not care for the taste of hops. Maybe if I took the time to sample more beers I'd find one, but I've got far better things to do with my time than that since I only drink very occasionally.

I hate the taste of American hops too. If you ever find yourself in Europe, there are some fantastic beers there that are millions times better than American beer.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies