How Many of Us Are Voting for Gary Johnson 2016?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:29:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How Many of Us Are Voting for Gary Johnson 2016?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: How Many of Us Are Voting for Gary Johnson 2016? (Also Which State Do You Think He Does the Best In?)
Voting for Johnson

Voting for Clinton

Voting for Trump

Not Voting for Any of These Losers

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 118

Author Topic: How Many of Us Are Voting for Gary Johnson 2016?  (Read 2744 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2016, 05:30:14 PM »

I'm actually okay with that. The anti-GMO conspiracy theorists are a vocal minority (for the most part), and it wouldn't matter too much to let consumers know what they're eating.
sparkey

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -7.30

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2016, 05:42:39 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2016, 05:44:23 PM by sparkey »

GMOs:
Anti-labeling: Perry, Petersen
Pro-labeling: Johnson, McAfee

Oh god, I may have to step off the McAfee train.

I got that from his responses to isidewith: "Should producers be required to label genetically engineered foods (GMOs)?" "John McAfee: Yes"

However, I tried to find him supporting that position, and only found a seemingly contradictory answer given to the Libertarian Skeptics Network: "Do you oppose regulations mandating an arbitrary definition and punitive label for genetically engineered crops, and the associated implication that this life-saving technology is harmful and should be banned?" "I oppose call [sic] regulation. Period."

Somebody should pin McAfee down.

Johnson, though, is definitely pro-labeling. "I have celiac disease, so I need food labeled. I think food should be labeled, and that would include GMOs in food."

FWIW I am anti-labeling, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2016, 08:10:05 PM »

John McAfee (who I support) ... is strong on gun rights and also strong on left issues like drugs and freedom of speech. 

LOL

Traditional liberalism, not the new regressive (PC) left nutjobs.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2016, 08:12:01 PM »

GMOs:

I got that from his responses to isidewith: "Should producers be required to label genetically engineered foods (GMOs)?" "John McAfee: Yes"

However, I tried to find him supporting that position, and only found a seemingly contradictory answer given to the Libertarian Skeptics Network: "Do you oppose regulations mandating an arbitrary definition and punitive label for genetically engineered crops, and the associated implication that this life-saving technology is harmful and should be banned?" "I oppose call [sic] regulation. Period."

Johnson, though, is definitely pro-labeling. "I have celiac disease, so I need food labeled. I think food should be labeled, and that would include GMOs in food."

Why is this a big deal? Labeling just makes people able to make better decisions for themselves.  Isn't that what libertarianism is about?  Making your own decisions. 
mencken
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2016, 10:37:04 PM »

GMOs:

Why is this a big deal? Labeling just makes people able to make better decisions for themselves.  Isn't that what libertarianism is about?  Making your own decisions. 

The position itself does not bother me so much as the implicit acceptance of pseudoscience regarding genetically modified food. Same reason I would not want the nominee to be associated with 9/11 Truth or chemtrails.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2016, 02:10:26 AM »

GMOs:

I used to think exactly that, but then I learned the need to sort and separate GMO produce from non-GMO produce in the largest agricultural producing, transporting, and packaging market in the world would be VERY expensive. The cost of labeling is worth it for items with an known health risk where the labeling can simply be done for all products in the industry at the production end (e.g. cigarettes), but it's nowhere near worth it for a chimera like GMOs.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies