Did anyone notice that Sanders beat Clinton in Indiana?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:56:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Did anyone notice that Sanders beat Clinton in Indiana?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Did anyone notice that Sanders beat Clinton in Indiana?  (Read 2477 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2016, 04:10:49 PM »

Trump doesn't have enough delegates, but how would he lose if he has no opponents?

There's still dropped out candidates on the ballot. Their chances of denying Trump enough delegates are the same as Sanders denying Clinton enough delegates. 0 = 0
OK, like I've been saying if Sanders has a zero chance, Clinton supporters can stay home and not vote. I guess they missed the memo.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2016, 04:12:55 PM »

Keep going, Bernie!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2016, 01:55:05 PM »

Trump doesn't have enough delegates, but how would he lose if he has no opponents?

There's still dropped out candidates on the ballot. Their chances of denying Trump enough delegates are the same as Sanders denying Clinton enough delegates. 0 = 0
OK, like I've been saying if Sanders has a zero chance, Clinton supporters can stay home and not vote. I guess they missed the memo.

That's exactly the reason why Bernie is still limping along; Hillary's supporters know her nomination is already wrapped up so why bother to vote?  Meanwhile Bernie's own voters still believe he can win, incredibly, and would no doubt continue to turn out even if he had already dropped out.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 02:00:19 PM »

That's exactly the reason why Bernie is still limping along; Hillary's supporters know her nomination is already wrapped up so why bother to vote?  Meanwhile Bernie's own voters still believe he can win, incredibly, and would no doubt continue to turn out even if he had already dropped out.

If I lived in a statethat had yet to vote, I'd still vote for Sanders just to send a message, not because I think he can win.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2016, 02:03:48 PM »

That's exactly the reason why Bernie is still limping along; Hillary's supporters know her nomination is already wrapped up so why bother to vote?  Meanwhile Bernie's own voters still believe he can win, incredibly, and would no doubt continue to turn out even if he had already dropped out.

If I lived in a statethat had yet to vote, I'd still vote for Sanders just to send a message, not because I think he can win.

Exactly what I did. I never had any delusions about Sanders winning Maryland.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2016, 02:05:38 PM »

Precisely my point.  Bernie's supporters are... dedicated.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2016, 02:10:35 PM »

Precisely my point.  Bernie's supporters are... intense insane.

Fixed.

No, didn't notice because I wrote Bernie off after March primaries. To paraphrase Carly Fiorina, he's "Soooo yesterday."

Seriously, he needs to stop lying to his already unstable supporters who believe that Hillary is a million times worse than Hitler, Stalin, Charles Manson, Hannibal Lector, and Satan combined. I've lost a lot of respect for him this primary season.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2016, 02:14:15 PM »

Fixed.

No, didn't notice because I wrote Bernie off after March primaries. To paraphrase Carly Fiorina, he's "Soooo yesterday."

Seriously, he needs to stop lying to his already unstable supporters who believe that Hillary is a million times worse than Hitler, Stalin, Charles Manson, Hannibal Lector, and Satan combined. I've lost a lot of respect for him this primary season.

A few lunatics on reddit aren't representative of any significant portion of Sanders voters, dude.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2016, 02:18:35 PM »

Just curious; lots of comments about Trump, and not a peep about Sanders. Anyone care to offer their thoughts?

I noticed it.  I was stoked.  Feel the Bern!

I think it generally isn't as interesting.  The democrat primary seems settled, whereas the republican convention has an outside shot of actually being interesting.   I don't think it will happen.  Probably it'll be a stale coronation ceremony like they always are, but there's at least a chance and I think that's why the talking heads talk more about the Republican contests now.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2016, 02:18:41 PM »

Fixed.

A few lunatics on reddit aren't representative of any significant portion of Sanders voters, dude.

Right. The ones who are representative are the ones who go to the offices of elected officials who have endorsed Hillary and threaten to cut out their tongues if they don't endorse Sanders.

Thanks for the clarification, bro.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2016, 04:42:48 PM »

That's exactly the reason why Bernie is still limping along; Hillary's supporters know her nomination is already wrapped up so why bother to vote?  Meanwhile Bernie's own voters still believe he can win, incredibly, and would no doubt continue to turn out even if he had already dropped out.

Exactly what I did. I never had any delusions about Sanders winning Maryland.

Well, the proportions are what really matter, but by the time Maryland came around it was clear that he wasn't going to win.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2016, 05:08:20 PM »

People still vying for the GOP nomination: Donald Trump
People still vying for the Dem nomination: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders

Anyone think this would happen?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2016, 05:14:32 PM »

People still vying for the GOP nomination: Donald Trump
People still vying for the Dem nomination: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders

Anyone think this would happen?

The funniest part is that the youngest candidate left is Hillary Clinton.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies