When will Trump announce that his candidacy has been a big joke?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:21:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  When will Trump announce that his candidacy has been a big joke?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: You know the drill
This Afternoon

Between now and the convention

At the convention

Between the convention and Election day

Election Day

Election night/afterwards

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: When will Trump announce that his candidacy has been a big joke?  (Read 1231 times)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 04, 2016, 11:53:28 AM »

You know the drill already.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 11:55:09 AM »

Well, he can't exactly announce it now that he's got a longshot chance to win. But I'm sure it will be a great icebreaker for diplomatic meetings over the next 4 years should he win.
dax00

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 11:56:06 AM »

None of the above - he won't, because it officially isn't.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:04:13 PM »

He's in too deep to back out now.  Best guess is he resigns sometime in early 2018.

We're really electing his running mate.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 12:06:22 PM »

The TRUMP candidacy isn't a joke, and it's not even remotely funny now that he's the nominee.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 12:10:52 PM »

The TRUMP candidacy isn't a joke, and it's not even remotely funny now that he's the nominee.
Nathan Towne
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.03, S: -3.13

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 12:11:41 PM »

Agreed. I will not vote for Hillary Clinton, but I will not vote for Trump either. Right now, as pathetic as it may seem, Gary Johnson has my vote in the election. We will see what happens from here.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 12:12:50 PM »

After the election is over.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 12:16:55 PM »

Agreed. I will not vote for Hillary Clinton, but I will not vote for Trump either. Right now, as pathetic as it may seem, Gary Johnson has my vote in the election. We will see what happens from here.

Given how weird the major party primaries have been, I wouldn't rule out Johnson losing the L nomination.
Nathan Towne
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 12:18:51 PM »

Given how weird the major party primaries have been, I wouldn't rule out Johnson losing the L nomination.

I guess that that is possible. While it is entirely up to you, I encourage you not to support Hillary Clinton moving forward from here. I recognize that a vote for a third party candidate is probably a vote for Clinton anyways, but I would still encourage you to reconsider that vote.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 12:21:35 PM »

The Democratic primary hasn't been that weird. At least not on the same order of magnitude as the Republican one. There's a long tradition of populist insurgent candidates in the Democratic Party (Obama, Dean, Bradley, Jackson, McGovern, etc.)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 12:23:15 PM »

The Democratic primary hasn't been that weird. At least not on the same order of magnitude as the Republican one. There's a long tradition of populist insurgent candidates in the Democratic Party (Obama, Dean, Bradley, Jackson, McGovern, etc.)

This. I've said this before, but to me, Bernie Sanders is Paul Wellstone if Wellstone had gone through with his challenge to Al Gore.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 12:32:44 PM »

Hopefully soon. I can't take this much longer.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »

I guess that that is possible. While it is entirely up to you, I encourage you not to support Hillary Clinton moving forward from here. I recognize that a vote for a third party candidate is probably a vote for Clinton anyways, but I would still encourage you to reconsider that vote.

While I elected to have my avatar reflect my home state, I vote in Iowa, which is where I am attending college through (likely) 2018. Hence, my vote matters, so I'm not likely to do anything that might make it easier for TRUMP to win. Beyond that, I have serious disagreements with the libertarians on drug policy, tax policy, foreign policy (or at least Johnson's position on foreign policy), entitlements, health care, social issues, and governmental regulation. The constitution party is Ted Cruz on steroids, the green party is Bernie Sanders on steroids - i.e. not my ideology at all. I'd think things over if Webb or Bloomberg was running, but otherwise I am probably voting for Hillary.

That being said, I still plan to vote for Grassley and no one should be taking my Clinton endorsement as pledging myself to the democratic party as a whole.
Nathan Towne
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 12:41:01 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2016, 12:50:44 PM by Nathan Towne »

While I elected to have my avatar reflect my home state, I vote in Iowa, which is where I am attending college through (likely) 2018. Hence, my vote matters, so I'm not likely to do anything that might make it easier for TRUMP to win. Beyond that, I have serious disagreements with the libertarians on drug policy, tax policy, foreign policy (or at least Johnson's position on foreign policy), entitlements, health care, social issues, and governmental regulation. The constitution party is Ted Cruz on steroids, the green party is Bernie Sanders on steroids - i.e. not my ideology at all. I'd think things over if Webb or Bloomberg was running, but otherwise I am probably voting for Hillary.

That being said, I still plan to vote for Grassley and no one should be taking my Clinton endorsement as pledging myself to the democratic party as a whole.

I literally just looked up Johnson's positions and I must agree with you in that I am not overwhelmingly impressed. I will not vote for Hillary Clinton though. With a gun to my head, I would have to vote for Trump. That doesn't mean that I will though. He has a lot of work to do if he thinks that he is going to get my vote. I will vote for a third party candidate.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 01:28:33 PM »

He doesn't need to announce it. It's always been.

His candidacy would be a comedy-horror film
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 02:41:50 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2016, 03:05:32 PM by Runeghost »

Au contraire. Trump's candidacy has always been a joke. He's demonstrates that its a joke on a regular basis, most recently when offering up JFK conspiracy theories from the National Enquirer as part of the election process. But its some pretty dark and bitter comedy, and the joke is being played on America.

(The punchline is: Republicans and their fellow travelers are such thoughtless hateful tools that they'd vote for a Nazi orangutang as long as it catered to their shallow ignorant prejudices.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies