How are all the Republicans here feeling today?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:08:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How are all the Republicans here feeling today?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: How are all the Republicans here feeling today?
Terrific! #MAGA #BuildTheWall

Good

Somewhat Decent

Meh

Kinda Bad

Bad

Terrible

Oh Sweet Jesus wake me up from this nightmare!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: How are all the Republicans here feeling today?  (Read 3274 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2016, 10:42:51 PM »

Glad we've finally kicked anti-American neoconservatism to the curb.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2016, 10:57:04 PM »

Petersen is an a complete non-entity and loser who until very recently did not even have a Wikipedia page. The Libertarians would be absolutely insane to nominate him and forfeit any chance of relevance in the hope of attracting delusional far-right #NeverTrump-ers who can't do the right thing and vote for Hillary. Nominate the successful two-term governor, get some wealthy backers (Peter Thiel?) and hope for a breakthrough.

Eh, Pedersen is much better positioned to pick up former Republican votes than Johnson is. I for one would strongly consider voting for Pedersen. I will never vote for Gary Johnson.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2016, 03:18:54 AM »

Its the end of the world as we know it
But I feel fine

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 07:16:31 PM »

Kinda bad because Ted Cruz is so much better, but trump won't be a bad president and Anyone is better than Sec. Clinton

See, I'm a conservative, and I'm able to admit that absolutely none of this is true. I am assuming Hillary will be the same as the past eight years. Let's be honest here, the past eight years have not been terrible. Obama isn't perfect, and he's certainly not my dream candidate (although I shall always freely profess that I am glad this country elected a black President), but the United States is still here, more or less the same. Which is more than a lot of people were expecting back in 2008.

Hillary may be more hawkish on foreign policy, which is probably a good thing. Now, if we sit back and are honest about it, Obama's foreign policy has been a series of mislaid plans and strategic missteps, mostly caused by a certain lack of decisive action. I give him full credit for dealing appropriately with traitorous leakers and issues of homeland security, but from Russia to Syria to Libya to China... administration policies have gone awry in ways that were largely avoidable. More hawkishness would be a good thing.

Now, take Trump. Here is a man who says he has no problem increasing the debt because he "likes debt", who says we should cut taxes one day and raise them the next, who backs partial birth abortions, then says we should punish women who have abortions, then... who the hell knows. Who knows anything with Trump. And you think this sort of wild, unpredictable changes from a man with no experience in politics who seems like an assortment of bad character traits is better than the past eight years? Give me a break. Be honest.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 07:25:07 PM »

Disappointed and no longer a Republican
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2016, 07:46:23 PM »

I'm thinking of becoming a Republican now.

You do have a Jim Webb banner under your username, so I think you would probably like Trump. Trump is basically a less knowledgeable, far more controversial version of Jim Webb.

I do miss Jim Webb though, despite him being too protectionist for me. Sad
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2016, 08:27:56 PM »

After his comments on defaulting, who wants to be a republican anymore? If we wanted to feel the Bern - we'd have voted for Sanders.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2016, 09:31:07 PM »

Wow, too bad Atlasians aren't representative of the American populace...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies