CRUZ SUSPENDING CAMPAIGN!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:11:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CRUZ SUSPENDING CAMPAIGN!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: CRUZ SUSPENDING CAMPAIGN!  (Read 3732 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2016, 10:33:16 PM »

I think it was kind of obvious that it was over when he went negative, then accosted the Trump supporter and lectured him. Having played a bit of sports, I know what that was. That was frustration - at losing about 37-10 in football terms.

I can't stand Cruz or his condescending, holier-than-thou arrogance (he referenced Florina as his "running mate" and went on about Reagan and the Soviet Union - like, what is this guy's deal??), so this could not possibly have happened to a better person. Cruz is godawful, a great fit for Texas. 
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2016, 10:39:47 PM »

Well, it's official; barring some type of mutiny at the convention, I'm a third-party voter in November.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2016, 10:46:12 PM »

So will Trump sweep all the remaining  states, or can Kasich win Washington  or Oregon.  
The only question is whether Kay-sick will finish third or fourth in the total delegate haul. Dude still has less delegates than a guy that dropped out months ago (Rubio).

Trump will run the table. He was leading in Oregon anyway and will now win MT, NE and SD. Kasich will not win another state. The only other person whose name could be placed into nomination under Rule 40(b) (Cruz) dropped out of the race. It's over.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2016, 04:33:38 AM »

Looking at the bright side of this entire fiasco, at least I won't have to vote for Ted Cruz. I can vote for Kasich I guess. Or Jim Gilmore lol.
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2016, 04:36:37 AM »

Can't stump the TRUMP, Lyin' (Loser) Ted.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2016, 05:07:07 AM »

Wow, I was not expecting that. Good riddance. Also that might have been the shortest vice presidential campaign in history.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2016, 05:47:11 AM »

So there's talk of running a second Republican against Trump anyway? So you're going to have like a 60-30-10 election and give it to Clinton? Stupidest thing that the GOP could do.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2016, 05:59:59 AM »

So there's talk of running a second Republican against Trump anyway? So you're going to have like a 60-30-10 election and give it to Clinton? Stupidest thing that the GOP could do.

I feel like it wouldn't really matter if Clinton won 60% of the vote.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2016, 06:01:46 AM »

I'm counting more as some people just going "Ah F it, I'm just gonna vote for Hillary." But the real numbers would be anybody's guess. 
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2016, 06:07:01 AM »

I'm counting more as some people just going "Ah F it, I'm just gonna vote for Hillary." But the real numbers would be anybody's guess. 

Certainly.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2016, 07:45:37 AM »

There are no really intelligent options for the GOP establishment right now. They might as well just crawl in a hole and come back in twenty years and see if things are any better.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2016, 09:38:52 AM »

So will Trump sweep all the remaining  states, or can Kasich win Washington  or Oregon.  
The only question is whether Kay-sick will finish third or fourth in the total delegate haul. Dude still has less delegates than a guy that dropped out months ago (Rubio).

Trump will run the table. He was leading in Oregon anyway and will now win MT, NE and SD. Kasich will not win another state. The only other person whose name could be placed into nomination under Rule 40(b) (Cruz) dropped out of the race. It's over.

If Kasich is still in by Washington (May 24), he'll clear 20% statewide if only from anti-Trump protest votes; that should be enough to pass Rubio.
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2016, 09:45:22 AM »

If Kasich can't hit 30% in a state before CA, he really should drop
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2016, 10:09:17 AM »

There's a sizable portion of Republicans who'd prefer Hillary to Trump's "movement."
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2016, 11:11:25 AM »

Breitbart Speaks:

"I say put Ted Cruz on the Supreme Court with Kagan and Sotomayor. He would make their lives so miserable that maybe they'll quit!!!"

"Wonderful news! Cruz being gone is not a minute too soon (obviously,
it's weeks too late), but just as lovely: we may finally be rid off the
Cruzbots!

But let's not drop our guard.

According to Politico, Senator Cruz was seen purchasing a 6.5 mm Carcano Model 91/38 carbine from "Big Dave's 24 Hour Guns and Ammo" this evening."

"good luck to Canada now that he'll be moving back there"

"KaSick is getting FREE FOOD! He likes pigging out!
KaSick reminds me of "Mickie" who will eat anything from a commercial.
KaSick WILL drop out soon. Most likely later this week or next week. Seriously, what DONOR will fund him when there is NO CHANCE? Soros was funding him but after awhile even George won't want to."

"Rush Limbaugh was part of the NEVERTRUMP PAC!
I relaly hope he does pull another Romney. Let me explain.
2008 Rush, Levin and Hannity wanted Mike Huckabee - HE LOST!
2012 Rush, Levin and Hannity wanted Mike Santorum - HE LOST!
2016 Hannity smartened up and was more neutrai.
2016 Levin is throughly nuts over Cruz and Rush favored him too.
Beck is a total nutcase!
CRUz - lost.
NOW the question has Rush trashed Trump as badly as he trashed Mitt where people STAYED HOME?
Will Rush have a lukewarm endorsement like the Gov. of Indiana and also discourage people with snide remarks now and then?
I started listening to Rush LESS because I saw the same DAM pattern going on again - endorsing ANOTHER LOSER!"
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2016, 03:32:27 PM »

There's a sizable portion of Republicans who'd prefer Hillary to Trump's "movement."

So are you going to get a nice new Hillary banner? Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies