Joke Magazine Cover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:16:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Joke Magazine Cover
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joke Magazine Cover  (Read 264 times)
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 04, 2016, 03:44:47 PM »

So in class we have to make brochures as if we were trying to persuade interested businesses to come to the United States in the 1800s. One of my fellow classmates decided to use Lucidpress and while scrolling through the different options found one for making a magazine cover. Everyone decided to voice our own dumb joke ideas centering around how artificial Magazines can be (ex: just put down a bunch of arrows pointing to someone's butt & Make it about how one celebratory got divorced from another). When she decided to go the serious rout, I knew it was my calling to take up the mantle and do what had to be done.

I can still make edits and change it around, so if you see a way it can be "improved", don't hesitate to mention it.
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 11:36:04 AM »

mixed metaphor.  Either Victoria represents a former employer, in which case he might be crawling back looking for work, or he's the estranged former husband of Victoria, in which case he might be crawling back looking for booty (and a roof over his head).  Fix that.  Also, I think it was George III who was dumped by Washington.  Victoria had not yet been born.

The journal title needs to be sexier.  "Countries" just leaves me flaccid.  Nations maybe, or States, or International Review.  Perhaps those titles are already in use by real magazines.

I'm not getting the reference to the five-pointed star.  Is that a communism joke?

Also, the character you have depicted is Uncle Sam.  Captain America is this guy:

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies