Who will win the general election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:48:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who will win the general election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who wins the general election?
Donald Trump (R)

Hillary Clinton (D)

Bernie Sanders (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: Who will win the general election?  (Read 3092 times)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 11:42:01 AM »

If the election was held today? Clinton.

Six months from now? Hard to tell.  He has to be within reaching distance of her, tied with her, or ahead of her by mid-September, though.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 01:32:02 AM »

Trump, narrowly.

B-b-b-but THE POLLS!!!!!11!!!
Eharding

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 01:32:59 AM »

See this post here.

I think it comes down to looking at Trump's favorable ratings among white women and the anticipated percent of the electorate Latinos are expected to be.

In general, I'd predict Clinton by anywhere from 2-12%.

I think she improves among white women and the Trump disaster boosts Latino turnout from 8% in 2012 to around 13-14% of the electorate in 2016. If both were to happen the ensuing wipe out would probably the biggest victory by any Presidential contender since George H.W. Bush in 1988.

Most crucially, I think the election comes down to turnout and organization. Trump just put together his finance committee yesterday - which tells you all that you need to know about the Trump campaign's organization. Coupled with the dependence on RNC dollars and his terrible favorability ratings, Trump is going to be in a steep hole. He needs to contribute, minimum, right now, $200 million or so to his campaign just to get an organization running and groups ready in the battleground states.

Trump needs to turn around the election polling by mid August. If he's not competitive by September 1, he's toast.

Eharding

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2017, 01:35:00 AM »

Hillary will win.

I can't see Trump winning, it's like something out of a bad sci-fi movie. People say "nobody expected Trump to be the nominee but he is now blah blah" You can't expect him to win when he insults women, Mexicans etc and plus the GE is different from the primary. Trump isn't gonna win nothing. Bookmark this post for November.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2017, 12:13:28 AM »

Hillary will win.

I can't see Trump winning, it's like something out of a bad sci-fi movie. People say "nobody expected Trump to be the nominee but he is now blah blah" You can't expect him to win when he insults women, Mexicans etc and plus the GE is different from the primary. Trump isn't gonna win nothing. Bookmark this post for November.

Har har har Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies