Vicente Fox apologizes to Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:49:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Vicente Fox apologizes to Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Vicente Fox apologizes to Trump  (Read 2169 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2016, 12:14:16 PM »

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/05/vicente-fox-apologizes-trump-222842

I guess he wants to be able to use the beautiful door in the wall after he pays for building it.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:30:40 PM »

Trump really should accept his invitation.  While making overtures to Latinos may not win over any of their votes, he might be able to make them disdain him a bit less.
dax00

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 12:52:32 PM »

All Trump will need is 200 Secret Service men, a helicopter ready to extricate him at all times, bulletproof pants, bulletproof vest, bulletproof helmet, and a gas mask.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 01:05:55 PM »

“If I offended you, I’m sorry,” Fox said, referring to Trump in an interview with Breitbart on Wednesday. “But what about the other way around?”

Note that Fox also asks the question, that trump should apologize for "offending" millions of people for his disgusting choice of words. Curious to see if trump follows-up with this.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 01:14:20 PM »

All Trump will need is 200 Secret Service men, a helicopter ready to extricate him at all times, bulletproof pants, bulletproof vest, bulletproof helmet, and a gas mask.

And a pair of gloves, extra small.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 01:14:54 PM »

Fox apologizes to Trump?!

Trump should apologize to the entire population of Mexico.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 01:15:34 PM »

“If I offended you, I’m sorry,” Fox said, referring to Trump in an interview with Breitbart on Wednesday. “But what about the other way around?”

Note that Fox also asks the question, that trump should apologize for "offending" millions of people for his disgusting choice of words. Curious to see if trump follows-up with this.

Trump should say he's sorry for having to explain that every illegal immigrant has broken the law, and leave it at that. Fox and others are beginning to understand how ticked off the American electorate is, and that they may have to deal with the populist sentiments that he's raised.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 01:33:41 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2016, 01:40:43 PM by Sbane »

Trump should say he's sorry for having to explain that every illegal immigrant has broken the law, and leave it at that. Fox and others are beginning to understand how ticked off the American electorate is, and that they may have to deal with the populist sentiments that he's raised.

He called them all rapists!!! That's the problem. Why do you refuse to understand this?

Also, you don't seem to understand how ticked off another very large part of the American electorate is at Trump......
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 01:39:19 PM »

trump should say he's sorry for deliberately adding to his immigration speech that the vast majority of immigrants are rapists and criminals (which is false). trump added this to his speech to "feed" a large swath of Republicans who are xenophobic and bigots.

In the last couple of days, trump is now attempting to reverse course when he explains how his campaign is going to have "unbelievably great relationships with the Hispanics."
trump and others are beginning to understand how ticked-off many in the American electorate are for his choice words of hatred and racism, and that his campaign will have to deal with a Yuge loss of votes come November (and thus the entire election).
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 02:50:21 PM »

This is already hitting Fox´s reputation, such as he retains.

Trump accepting the "invitation" would present a logistical challenge: at least, if the intention is that he comes back home in one piece.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 02:57:41 PM »

Trump accepting the "invitation" would present a logistical challenge: at least, if the intention is that he comes back home in one piece.

Maybe it's a ploy, so that trump does not "come home in one piece" ?
;-)
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 03:05:14 PM »

He called them all rapists!!! That's the problem. Why do you refuse to understand this?

Also, you don't seem to understand how ticked off another very large part of the American electorate is at Trump......

Yeah. Trump should not have called them all rapists, because clearly that's simply wrong. But they have all broken the law. That's the problem. Why do you refuse to understand this?

And I do understand how ticked off a very large part of the American electorate is at Trump. So we shall see, come November, which large part of the electorate is most ticked off.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 03:06:40 PM »

;-)

Fox is incapable of that degree of long-term strategic planning and deviousness.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 03:07:08 PM »

and you wonder why Trump said violence from Mexicans is a problem.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 03:10:45 PM »

Yeah. Trump should not have called them all rapists, because clearly that's simply wrong. But they have all broken the law. That's the problem. Why do you refuse to understand this?

And I do understand how ticked off a very large part of the American electorate is at Trump. So we shall see, come November, which large part of the electorate is most ticked off.

Yes, they have broken the law. But I don't read denials on Atlas about that.
What I do see ALOT of is trump supporters denying and ignoring the fact that trump disgustingly offended many people.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 03:13:50 PM »

;-)

Fox is incapable of that degree of long-term strategic planning and deviousness.

I'm thinking the cartels down there might have some ideas.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 03:17:34 PM »

and you wonder why Trump said violence from Mexicans is a problem.

It is not a problem Smiley
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 03:27:49 PM »

Oh, I completely understand this. Race baiting is not needed to solve the problem of illegal immigration though (E-verify with proper enforcement should do it), although it may be required to win the Republican nomination.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 03:48:02 PM »

My girlfriend is from Mexico. That's one of the reasons why I hate Trump because of what he said about Mexicans.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 04:08:22 PM »

Some random comments to the El Universal report of the "apology".

"I think Trump is less of a beast, because, at least, you know what to expect from him. But Fox, with each word that comes out of his uncontrolable snout leaves evidence that he reaches the limits of possible ignorance and imbecility".

"<Fox is a> leader? He is an ass, and I am more of an ass for having believed in him."

"Compassionate leader? I beg you... The leading Coward is the correct word"

You got the point.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 04:18:14 PM »

What Trump should do is clarify what he meant.  Not all illegal immigrants are rapists and murderers, but some are.  In particular, deadly transnational gang members routinely cross the border to conduct the work of Mexican and Central American gangs and drug cartels inside the US, and they are able to do this because of the porousness of our border. 
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2016, 04:58:04 PM »

What Trump should do is clarify what he meant. 

You really think that Trump did not deliberately chose the level of "clarity" he wanted? I have a nice big bridge over that mighty river in Mexico City that you will surely like. Want to buy it from me?
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2016, 05:19:57 PM »

My girlfriend is from Mexico. That's one of the reasons why I hate Trump because of what he said about Mexicans.

Yeah, and my wife is Mexican. (Well, Mexican-American). So what? That has nothing to do with our position that the United States should secure its borders. I guess you'll have to hate me as well...
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2016, 05:21:11 PM »

What Trump should do is clarify what he meant. 

You really think that Trump did not deliberately chose the level of "clarity" he wanted? I have a nice big bridge over that mighty river in Mexico City that you will surely like. Want to buy it from me?

Sure. How many pesos? Smiley
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2016, 05:26:09 PM »

And a pair of gloves, extra small.

https://youtu.be/bcYppAs6ZdI

Comedy gold! I lol'd.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies