Trump slams Clinton for "disgraceful" treatment of husband's mistresses
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:19:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump slams Clinton for "disgraceful" treatment of husband's mistresses
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump slams Clinton for "disgraceful" treatment of husband's mistresses  (Read 2365 times)
Cory
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2016, 10:28:37 PM »

Is there really? The impression I've gotten from articles I've read is that it's pretty widely believed that Clinton and Braddock were having a long-term consensual affair and Braddock made the whole thing up because her husband found out and got mad.

Sounds about right. That's the zinger.
DS0816
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 10:36:22 PM »

This is just the beginning. Roger Stone said he plans to drag out Paula Jones, Juanita Broaddrick, et al for ads and interviews.

But what does that even have to do with Hillary?

It is too soon to tell.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2016, 02:48:20 AM »

Yeah, just ask Ivanna Trump about that nonsense. The source will say it never happened. Nice try though.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-wife-ivana-disavows-rape-allegation/story?id=32732204
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2016, 04:42:15 AM »

that's not even slightly what the article says, but then i suppose if you could read, you wouldn't be a drumpfbacke
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2016, 07:47:47 AM »

George W. Bush won New Hampshire because of the Levinsky scandal, so Democrats should be careful about this. The real question is whether this backfires on Trump, in which case it could mean a yuge landslide loss (I could see NH voting like MA or MD in this case, for example). This is a very dangerous strategy with a  50/50 chance of being successful.

This issue puts that Feminist Left in a tough position, and I'm talking about REASONABLE feminists.  One of the main issues of women, in regards to domestic violence and sexual assault, is the way in which victims' allegations are taken seriously, and not marginalized and dismissed.  Yet Hillary Clinton marginalized and dismissed the allegations of Bill Clinton's mistresses, participating in whispering campaigns deriding these folks as "nuts and sluts".  This would be unacceptable on the part of Mrs. Bob Packwood, but Bill and Hillary have really gotten a pass on this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2016, 08:20:44 AM »

The Lewinsky scandal gave Hillary huge approval ratings. The American people felt bad for her and she gained a huge amount of sympathy.

Dragging that out again, especially when so many voters don't care or don't remember it, would just hurt Trump.

Not to mention the whole matter is just irrelevant regarding the issues of present day.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2016, 10:17:57 AM »

The Lewinsky scandal gave Hillary huge approval ratings. The American people felt bad for her and she gained a huge amount of sympathy.

Dragging that out again, especially when so many voters don't care or don't remember it, would just hurt Trump.

Not to mention the whole matter is just irrelevant regarding the issues of present day.

Of course, but with Trump, it is already a given that this election will be about everything other than the issues. Trump doesn't win by being the best man for the job, he wins by destroying the image of the other candidates.

In this regard, I think Clinton may actually have a little advantage - Her image is already crap and she is pretty well defined at this point, so it's hard to go much lower.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2016, 10:31:56 AM »

that's not even slightly what the article says, but then i suppose if you could read, you wouldn't be a drumpfbacke
Yeah, I can't read... What part of "the story is totally without merit" do you not understand? But I'd expect nothing less from a leftist.

"I have recently read some comments attributed to me from nearly 30 years ago at a time of very high tension during my divorce from Donald," she said in the statement today. "The story is totally without merit. Donald and I are the best of friends and together have raised 3 children that we love and are very proud of."
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2016, 03:26:02 PM »

I would love to see Hillary address this head on, open up, and show vulnerability while discussing the pain she felt as a result of what her husband did. Probably a sh-tty thing to relive, but Drumpf needs to be careful that he doesn't give Hillary an opportunity to humanize herself. I think a lot of people would cut Hillary some slack for hating on her husband's mistresses.

She should hate her husband. Not the women, who did nothing wrong.

woof. This line of thought is even too "progressive" for me. You're definitely at least partially at fault if you're engaging in sexual congress with a married individual and are aware of it. I don't care if you're not the one who's married. You know right and wrong and you betrayed virtue.
Some of the situations weren't long term affairs, rather sexual assaults, rapes, and sexual harassment (or inappropriateness) of a subordinate in the workplace.  Those women are victims of Bill, not co-adulterers as some of the women were.  Saying the victims "didn't do anything wrong" is largely correct IMO, the co-adulterers did "something" wrong to "some" extent IMO... But, given Bill's Patern of behavior and extreme level of "SLICK-NESS" I wouldn't put much on them either.         
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2016, 03:44:20 PM »

Maybe all HRC needs to do is keep running that our principles PAC ad where the woman quotes Donald TRUMP verbatim:

"The thing about women is, you've got to treat them like sh*t."
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2016, 04:03:16 PM »

Maybe all HRC needs to do is keep running that our principles PAC ad where the woman quotes Donald TRUMP verbatim:

running ads of trump in his own words has tended to help him, not hurt.  It's like a greatest hits montage.  We saw a similar effect with Obama, but Trump is like nothing seen before.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2016, 04:38:48 PM »

Yeah, I can't read... What part of "the story is totally without merit" do you not understand? But I'd expect nothing less from a leftist.

"I have recently read some comments attributed to me from nearly 30 years ago at a time of very high tension during my divorce from Donald," she said in the statement today. "The story is totally without merit. Donald and I are the best of friends and together have raised 3 children that we love and are very proud of."

"the story" =/= "the claim", of course. let's remember that the deposition was under oath and that she won her divorce case on grounds of "cruel and inhuman treatment", shall we?

also lol americannation is back
skoods
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2016, 05:21:19 PM »

Maybe all HRC needs to do is keep running that our principles PAC ad where the woman quotes Donald DRUMPF verbatim:

running ads of trump in his own words has tended to help him, not hurt.  It's like a greatest hits montage.  We saw a similar effect with Obama, but Drumpf is like nothing seen before.

It's helped him among the generally bigoted, racist, closed minded republican primary voters. Of which it only helped him with about 40%. Good luck with that working in the general.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2016, 09:09:49 AM »

....says Donald Drumpf, a moral authority.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2016, 10:16:06 AM »

I cant believe Trump would do this.

His political strategy will need another leg on the stool if he is going to get up to where he needs to be.

Clinton should just ignore him, and concentrate on talking about issues without mentioning Trump.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2016, 11:33:45 AM »

I cant believe Trump would do this.

His political strategy will need another leg on the stool if he is going to get up to where he needs to be.

Clinton should just ignore him, and concentrate on talking about issues without mentioning Trump.

Dukakis ignored Bush's slander and it cost him the Presidency.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2016, 12:01:19 PM »

Maybe all HRC needs to do is keep running that our principles PAC ad where the woman quotes Donald DRUMPF verbatim:

running ads of trump in his own words has tended to help him, not hurt.  It's like a greatest hits montage.  We saw a similar effect with Obama, but Drumpf is like nothing seen before.

It's helped him among the generally bigoted, racist, closed minded republican primary voters. Of which it only helped him with about 40%. Good luck with that working in the general.

This is what trump supporters just cant get through their thick skull.
Little-Hands-Drumpf-Fuhrer's disgusting tactics have only worked with approx 37% to 40% of the "bigoted, racist, closed minded republican primary voters" (I like your quoted words, so I will reuse them).

trump followers think that his ways will continue to work "great," as they did before.
But the other 60% of republicans have doubts or just right-out hate him.
And if you have only 40% of republicans for trump, I would imagine the percentage is even less from independents.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies