What % of white women will Clinton get against Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:19:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What % of white women will Clinton get against Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: What % of white women will Hillary get?
Below 42%

42%

43%

44%

45%

46%

47%

48%

49%

50%

51%

52%

Above 52%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 104

Author Topic: What % of white women will Clinton get against Trump?  (Read 1740 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2016, 10:42:21 AM »

Virginia, the parties will be united when the polls start showing that. If a month before the election the parties have still not united, we'll have to accept that as a fact. Right now, it would be premature to claim that.

For the moment, I'll go with conventional wisdom and expect that both parties unite.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2016, 12:00:29 PM »

Virginia, the parties will be united when the polls start showing that. If a month before the election the parties have still not united, we'll have to accept that as a fact. Right now, it would be premature to claim that.

For the moment, I'll go with conventional wisdom and expect that both parties unite.

Conventional wisdom has no place in this race.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2016, 12:20:53 PM »

Badger, you never change. I thought you could be open to supporting Trump, given your line of work.
Anyway, the only white women who didn't support Obama and could possibly support Hillary are older white women (65+). I think Trump will bring these women back once he shows what kind of b.tch Hillary truly is.

The problem is that trump will not be able to "bring these (white) women back."
Hillary and the Dem party will continuously broadcast commercials after commercials of all the horsesh*t sexist comments trump has made over and over again.
That will kill him with ALL women come November, as it really "shows what kind of an assho*e trump truly is."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2016, 12:30:34 PM »

Recent polls had hrc.winning WW by several points.  I'd say it cools down but she still relentlessly runs ads targeting WW and she pulls an amazing 50-50

Recent polls should be discarded. We have to wait for the Republican Party to unite and also for the Democratic Party to unite before we can trust any poll.
Past election results and comparison of candidates' strengths and weaknesses are far better instruments for drawing conclusions than recent polls.

Recent polls should NOT be discarded.
Recent polls give us a current window of the situation.
And trump's position on what is usually a reliable demographic (white women) for Republicans is currently disastrous.
Which means he has a lot of work to do just to bring himself up to even (equal), with Hillary in this area.
Since you like these numbers from a poll so much Ljube, I will give it to you again .....

(Taken from another thread ....)
Yep...this is what unelectability looks like....

Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2016, 12:31:21 PM »

Badger, you never change. I thought you could be open to supporting Trump, given your line of work.
Anyway, the only white women who didn't support Obama and could possibly support Hillary are older white women (65+). I think Trump will bring these women back once he shows what kind of b.tch Hillary truly is.

Hillary and the Dem party will continuously broadcast commercials after commercials of all the horsesh*t sexist comments trump has made over and over again.
That will kill him with ALL women come November, as it really "shows what kind of an assho*e trump truly is."

ProudModerate, I really wonder why you call yourself moderate, since you are one of the most extreme left wing hacks on this forum.
You buy into every bit of the leftist propaganda. You just parrot the leftist propagandists' talking points every time you post anything.

I have a question for you? Are you doing it on purpose, or is it just the way you people talk among yourselves, in your bubble?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2016, 12:32:45 PM »

60-40% for TRUMP.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2016, 01:43:16 PM »

52-53%.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2016, 02:34:11 PM »

ProudModerate, I really wonder why you call yourself moderate, since you are one of the most extreme left wing hacks on this forum.
You buy into every bit of the leftist propaganda. You just parrot the leftist propagandists' talking points every time you post anything.

I have a question for you? Are you doing it on purpose, or is it just the way you people talk among yourselves, in your bubble?

I'm just showing you a poll conducted by NBC/Wall Street Journal. How is that "leftist propaganda" ?
If you would like, maybe we can tell you what Fox News' Dick Morris has to say.
He is such a great predictor of how general elections will end-up .... like his terrible "landslide victory for Romney that never materialized in 2012.

Parrot ? ! ? !
You as a trump supporter have the nerve to call others "parrots" ? !
trump followers have the intelligence level of a dung beetle.
The most trump supporters know what to say about presidential politics this year is "The Wall" and "Lyin Ted." They also can wipe their butt, and maybe help their 6 year old with 1+1, but that's it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2016, 02:50:04 PM »

This will backfire big time. Trump will probably run ads about "Nasty Raping Bill" and how she helped him destroy all those women.

No "backfire" with this strategy.
It's just that trump supporters fear it so much, that they like to say "it will backfire."
The commercials are easy ..... There is no maybe-it-happened, maybe-it-didn't.
The idiot (trump) said all those disgusting sexist things on video or on microphone.

Here is the commercial on YouTube for your enjoyment .....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKmhK8G--7c

Note that the commercial is easy, understandable and to the point in 30 seconds (and all actual, undeniable quotes).
Try and make a comprehendible commercial in 30 seconds about doubtful conspiracy theories about "Hillary helping to destroy" "Bill's women." Good luck with making that work and grabbing the intention with the overall electorate.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2016, 02:59:12 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2016, 03:00:54 PM by Virginia »

This will backfire big time. Trump will probably run ads about "Nasty Raping Bill" and how she helped him destroy all those women.

There is no reason it would backfire. Trump has said so much that is blatantly sexist and offensive to women that there is no other way to take it. On top of it, it's amusing that Trump is going to go after Bill more than Hillary while Hillary is going after Trump by using his own statements/actions against him. There is so much material for Trump.

Maybe Trump's petty attacks on Bill will reduce Hillary's advantage among white women but it is doubtful at this current time that Trump would be able to bring his numbers among that demographic back up to Romney-level numbers just by attacking Bill. In my opinion, it is pretty telling that Trump's only avenue for winning that group over is by launching pathetic character attacks on her husband, hoping the effects will trickle down to her. He is a joke.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2016, 03:19:52 PM »

Honestly, I think what Trump really needs to do is like, go on every single day time talk show a couple times each with his wife and little son Barron and really calmly and affectionately explain how proud he is of his son, that is family is the reason why he does anything, how his wife holds him together, how proud he is of his daughter ivanka, how strong and smart she is, blah blah blah until white women start to somehow buy that he's not a complete asshole
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2016, 04:30:46 PM »

There is no reason it would backfire. Trump has said so much that is blatantly sexist and offensive to women that there is no other way to take it. On top of it, it's amusing that Trump is going to go after Bill more than Hillary while Hillary is going after Trump by using his own statements/actions against him. There is so much material for Trump.

Maybe Trump's petty attacks on Bill will reduce Hillary's advantage among white women but it is doubtful at this current time that Trump would be able to bring his numbers among that demographic back up to Romney-level numbers just by attacking Bill. In my opinion, it is pretty telling that Trump's only avenue for winning that group over is by launching pathetic character attacks on her husband, hoping the effects will trickle down to her. He is a joke.

So, bringing up the fact that Bill is a serial rapist who raped more than 20 women is "character attack" and taking out of context Trump's reality show statements is not? Talking about double standards.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2016, 04:40:27 PM »

50 on the dot which equals Madame President considering that the Donald will be demolished with minorities worse than any Republican candidate in history
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2016, 06:02:10 PM »

Personally I would try a different tack. Women hate each other. Trump could easily play that card with Hillary and talk about how Hillary is saying that just because you're a woman you have to vote for her.

Rubbish. Women have brains. Let them decide for themselves.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2016, 07:52:03 PM »

Personally I would try a different tack. Women hate each other. Trump could easily play that card with Hillary and talk about how Hillary is saying that just because you're a woman you have to vote for her.

And accusing blacks of voting for Obama just because of his race worked out so well in 2012.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2016, 08:00:15 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

When 95 percent of blacks vote for Obama, yes, the shoe fits.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2016, 08:14:19 PM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2016, 10:35:04 PM »

So, bringing up the fact that Bill is a serial rapist who raped more than 20 women is "character attack" and taking out of context Trump's reality show statements is not? Talking about double standards.

Bill != Hillary. Why are so many people treating them as one person? And he isn't a serial rapist. You don't like him (either personally or because of Trump), and so you're taking some accusations with zero proof as fact. That's a really low bar for proof, don't you think? Or does that standard only apply to Hillary? Dollars to doughnuts I can go through your posts and find you defending Trump, no matter how absurd, down to the last tiny little detail.

I assume you're talking about, maybe, when he said "you'd drop to your knees? that would be a pretty picture"? If so, that was not out of context. He knew what he meant. She knew what he meant. The guy laughing knew what he meant. Everyone knew what he meant. It's not out of context. His message there was clear as day, and you don't even have to be a woman to see how degrading that is. So if that's what you were referring to, then you are either oblivious or you are applying that very high standard for proof I mentioned to people you like, while applying low standards to people you don't like Tongue

So, I'd say calling out Trump out on things he said regarding women is worthwhile if Trump is going to immediately go after Hillary for everything but the issues. That's all he does. He destroys people's image with those attacks. Ideally, I'd like no one to stoop to that level unless it was truly warranted, but meh, that is a fantasy world I suppose.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2016, 10:37:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

When 95 percent of blacks vote for Obama, yes, the shoe fits.

Only slightly up from the 89% that backed Kerry, the white guy...
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2016, 12:34:36 AM »

I have never heard Hillary say "because you're a women, you have to vote for me." Never.
Has she made hints and comments about women "standing together," or "women united as one," and etc type of comments ..... yes.
But women have always talked to each other using similar phrases of support for one another.
There is nothing wrong about this, at all. Period. It has been happening now for over a hundred years. And unless you have been living under a rock, this should not be shocking.
And of course "women have brains," and they can "decide for themselves." Hillary has never said that they couldn't.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2016, 01:13:22 AM »

Honestly, I think what Trump really needs to do is like, go on every single day time talk show a couple times each with his wife and little son Barron and really calmly and affectionately explain how proud he is of his son, that is family is the reason why he does anything, how his wife holds him together, how proud he is of his daughter ivanka, how strong and smart she is, blah blah blah until white women start to somehow buy that he's not a complete assho*e

There are two "funny" things you say in your comment.

1.) You say "... until white women start to somehow buy ...."
So here what you are implying is that by trump talking about family, he can use this as a ploy to trick "white women." That it's not really true, but let's just do it to have the electorate "buy" into this false impression, have them forget about the bad things trump has said about women, and hopefully we can trick them into voting trump.

2.) You then say "....that he's not a complete assho*e."
So it sounds like you, yourself, really do believe that trump is an assho*e. And that things he is saying and doing, do really make him look like a "complete assho*e" to others in the electorate.
Would this be a fair analysis on your statement ?
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2016, 04:19:53 AM »

I'm just showing you a poll conducted by NBC/Wall Street Journal. How is that "leftist propaganda" ?
He is such a great predictor of how general elections will end-up .... like his terrible "landslide victory for Romney that never materialized in 2012.

Parrot ? ! ? !
The most trump supporters know what to say about presidential politics this year is "The Wall" and "Lyin Ted." They also can wipe their butt, and maybe help their 6 year old with 1+1, but that's it.

And I suppose that you know more?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2016, 11:38:15 AM »

Parrot ? ! ? !

And I suppose that you know more?

2+2=4
That alone, is "twice" as much.
;-)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies