What happens in each of these knockout-blow scenarios?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:01:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What happens in each of these knockout-blow scenarios?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What happens in each of these knockout-blow scenarios?  (Read 161 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2016, 02:22:44 PM »

I was thinking up ways for each candidate to win in the shower this morning and came up with two ideas for knockout blows.

For Clinton it's an ad:  "Who do you want to take your kids home from school?"  This really gets at the heart of so many messages Clinton wants to capture.  Safety and security, obviously.  Trump's erratic, loose-cannon behavior vs. Clinton's solid maturity.  Trust.  Clinton's work with children could come up.  It goes straight for gender as well -- if you want to play the woman card without doing pathetic things like saying "how am I different from Obama?  Well isn't it obvious?  I'm a woman!" this is how you do it.  And most of all, it goes for that "I understand real Americans" angle.  Clinton needs to be a down-to-earth candidate, right now a lot of people see her as this shadow monster who runs around dark hallways giving orders and making policy and never sees the light of day.  Imagining Hillary Clinton driving your kids home from school humanizes her.  Imagining Donald Trump driving your kids home from school scares you.

For Trump it's a debate moment.  On "With All Due Respect" yesterday, Mark Halperin claimed that in private conversations Trump reveals a much greater depth of understanding of international affairs than he's willing to show in public and mused about whether it's intentional and Trump is just waiting to drop a bombshell in a debate with Clinton.  Reminded me of that moment in the second debate when Carly Fiorina just started rattling off numbers.  Wait for Hillary to attack you for not knowing the facts or being capable of executing foreign policy and say "I tell ya, this is really unbelievable.  I'm a self-made billionaire, I built one of the greatest companies in the world, I built the #1 TV show without ever being on TV before, I won the toughest Republican primary ever when I'd never done politics before, and here these people are trying to tell you I'm some sort of dummy!  Like I don't know what I'm doing!  It's just unbelievable.  And I do know about foreign policy.  I could spend all day telling you what I want to do with each and every one of our 58 ships in the Persian Gulf, about the relationships I want to have with King Salman of Saudi Arabia and his foreign minister, Adel al-Jubeir, about how I would have directed the military differently in the battle of Ein Al-Asad or at BENGHAZI, about the meetings I've had with General Dunford and General Selva of the joint chiefs of staff, this stuff isn't interesting.  But to say I don't have a plan, like I'm some kind of dummy who just stumbled onto this stage, give me a break."

Basically just memorize a bunch of stuff like Carly did and rattle it off after demonstrating that you're not a dummy.  It puts him on Clinton's level because the expectations are so low and completely throws her off her debate game.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies