Not so recent speculation on a Clinton-Klobuchar ticket (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:06:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Not so recent speculation on a Clinton-Klobuchar ticket (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not so recent speculation on a Clinton-Klobuchar ticket  (Read 1808 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: May 08, 2016, 06:14:31 PM »

I hope not. Klobuchar doesn't do anything besides satisfy the "labor progressives." Franken unites the party and provides a strong personality. Wyden and Merkley unite the party, appeal to libertarians, and can attract libertarian-leaning centrists/independents. Bayh or Ray Tomblin brings the Conservative Democrats back into the coalition and holds onto some of Sanders's Midwestern labor support. Booker, Heinrich, and Brian Schatz provide new faces for the future of the party in 2020/2024/2028. Mike Michaud and Brian Schweitzer attract libertarians, isolationists, left-libertarians, and unify the party's establishment, moderates, libertarians, and progressives.

IMO, Michaud or Franken would be the best pick besides the "young good speakers" group. Either one would provide a nice balance to the ticket.

Michaud would be a good candidate, but I think Ed FitzGerald would be even better.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 02:19:33 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2016, 02:26:48 PM by Figueira »

IMO, Michaud or Franken would be the best pick besides the "young good speakers" group. Either one would provide a nice balance to the ticket.

A guy who lost gubernatorial election to Paul f-king LePage?

Lol.

Which was probably because of Cutler.

Similar to how Al Gore would have been a strong candidate in 2004 despite losing to George Bush because of Nader.

But Gore had the experience. He was a former Senator and Vice President. Michaud was in the House for six terms, and then lost a gubernatorial election that he should have won.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 02:41:12 PM »

No one in the media or the political establishment has actually suggested Michaud. He was just mentioned in a word salad from a poster notorious for posting word salad.

I know, and I was responding to said poster.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies