Not so recent speculation on a Clinton-Klobuchar ticket (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:37:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Not so recent speculation on a Clinton-Klobuchar ticket (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not so recent speculation on a Clinton-Klobuchar ticket  (Read 1851 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: May 07, 2016, 09:58:11 PM »

I've also thought she would be a great pick, most recently from my post a couple weeks ago:

I know Elizabeth Warren is the most obvious pick if she decides to double-down, but what about Amy Klobuchar? I think one of the issues the Clinton campaign my have with Warren is that she may overshadow the top of the ticket. I'm not saying I agree with that, but they have to be thinking about that. As far as I know, she's somewhere in the middle among Senate Democrats, at least to the left of Tim Kaine and well to the left of Mark Warner. And of course, one of the most important things is that she's very likeable. If Clinton/Gore was a double-down on the Southern aspect, I think Clinton/Klobuchar is the closest analogy for doubling down on the woman aspect. And not that I buy into particular electoral advantages necessarily with a running mate, but she could conceivably have Midwestern appeal to help lock down the region.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that Amy Klobuchar is the best running mate for Hillary. I don't understand why some here are saying that she's boring. I don't see that at all, but I do think she's very likeable. She's got a good deal of experience in the Senate, has a solid liberal record, and does a great job reinforcing the top of the ticket (as a running mate should do). There are certain intangibles, I suppose, but I think Clinton/Klobuchar is an overall strong ticket that just seems to feel right.

Admittedly, there is also a chemistry component that is unknowable until the choice is made, but it's one that I think made Joe Biden such a great running mate with Obama (in a way that experience didn't undercut the change argument).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies