Trump tax plan.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:06:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump tax plan.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump tax plan.  (Read 3122 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 06:14:47 AM »

The media is going to prop Trump up as long as he is perceived as trailing. They want this to be close for ratings and right now Trump looks toast.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 06:29:07 AM »

I find it fascinating how the same people who condemned Cruz for shutting the government down over his intransigence is now up in arms that Trump is basically saying, he'll negotiate a deal, try to get as much as he wants but realizes he won't get everything.

What the hell is the problem here, except for the fact that you basically don't like Trump and everything he says and does is going to be twisted against him, even if means taking you guys are embracing Cruzite brinksmanship?

Jesus screaming Christ, he's calling for an end to the federal minimum wage now

It's disgraceful how the media that eviscerated Howard Dean for making a funny noise is giving Trump a pass on everything.

Thats actually considerable progress considering how in the last cycle, Romney went down flat on his face saying he opposed the minimum wage only to flip flop afterwards and say he supported raising it.

The basics of negotiation is that both sides walk in having an ideal position which they'd like to achieve and eventually reach a compromise somewhere between the two. Trump's frequent back-and-forth statements on increasing and lowering rates make it impossible to intelligently determine what goal he'll be walking into those negotiations to achieve.

Will his final goal be increased taxes on the wealthy? Will he walk into negotiations with a plan to cut taxes or will that immediately be tossed out once he's behind closed doors? We now have multiple sources at multiple different times saying opposite things. Part of electing a President is deciding whether or not we agree with a candidate on the issues. Is it possible to determine what Trump actually wants with tax rates on this? I don't see how, except by shots in the dark as to where he's telling the truth and where he's lying through his teeth.

Wanting to know where a presidential candidate actually stands isn't an embrace a Cruz-like intransigence. This is not what ANY of the "anti-brinksmanship" people wanted; it's swinging so far down the pendulum towards "negotiate" that you hit an equal and opposite faulty position.

Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2016, 08:05:51 AM »

Trump today on raising taxes on the wealthy:

“We lower the taxes on the middle class, on business. And we lower the taxes on everybody, very substantially. But I have no illusions. I don't think that's going to be the final plan. Because they are going to come to me, including the Democrats and everybody else, they're going to come to me. They're going to want to negotiate.”

So let me get this straight. The guy who is selling himself as the greatest negotiator in history who will singlehandedly bring the US the greatest trade deals ever, WANTS to lower taxes on the wealthy, HAS a plan for rates to be 25% on the wealthy, yet states rates will go UP from the current 39.6% because he will have to negotiate!?? What?  He would seem to be losing that negotiation.

Trump style negotiation involves stating you want something absurd and in the end you get what you really want. He talks about it at length in The Art of the Deal.

Does Trump-style negotiation also include laying out well before the fact that you're going to be totally willing to roll on your initial proposals?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 10:02:23 AM »

Trump today on raising taxes on the wealthy:

“We lower the taxes on the middle class, on business. And we lower the taxes on everybody, very substantially. But I have no illusions. I don't think that's going to be the final plan. Because they are going to come to me, including the Democrats and everybody else, they're going to come to me. They're going to want to negotiate.”

So let me get this straight. The guy who is selling himself as the greatest negotiator in history who will singlehandedly bring the US the greatest trade deals ever, WANTS to lower taxes on the wealthy, HAS a plan for rates to be 25% on the wealthy, yet states rates will go UP from the current 39.6% because he will have to negotiate!?? What?  He would seem to be losing that negotiation.

Trump style negotiation involves stating you want something absurd and in the end you get what you really want. He talks about it at length in The Art of the Deal.

Does Trump-style negotiation also include laying out well before the fact that you're going to be totally willing to roll on your initial proposals?

It involves being so incredibly volatile and unpredictable in your statements that one thing no one knows is what you truly want haha
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 03:44:18 PM »

Trump has now backed off his talk of raising taxes on the rich.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN0Y01J4
Fargobison

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2016, 03:47:30 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2016, 03:50:58 PM by Fargobison »

Trump might want to take 30 minutes, go over his plans on his website and try to remember them before going on national TV.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies