Will Clinton *now* release her paid speech transcripts?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:30:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Clinton *now* release her paid speech transcripts?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Will Clinton *now* release her paid speech transcripts?  (Read 1485 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2016, 10:44:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Trump and Sanders are the only two remaining candidates in the race. Neither have given any paid speeches for which there would be transcripts.

Will Clinton honor her promise, or will we begin hearing about how we need to wait and see if D.W. Perry and Ben Sasse have given any paid speeches?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 10:45:34 PM »

Of course she won't.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 11:01:26 PM »

Serious question: is there actually a reason to think that such transcripts even exist? I mean, I know Hillary is acting like they do, but why on Earth would they?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 11:06:40 PM »

Serious question: is there actually a reason to think that such transcripts even exist? I mean, I know Hillary is acting like they do, but why on Earth would they?

I believe Clinton usually requires that her hosts provide a stenographer to record everything that she says at the events.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 11:14:39 PM »

Of course she won't. She's probably said things complimentary to her hosts and perhaps even argued that Wall Street plays an important functioning role in the economy. The horror! Except it would be spun into a huge ordeal, and it's frankly better to have "not releasing them" be the issue rather than have a few kind things she's said to Wall Street executives blow up.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 11:46:36 PM »

Trump has given paid speeches...

Also Sanders hasn't even released his taxes yet lol
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 11:53:12 PM »

Wait... this is still a thing?

I think there's a bigger plan to do during the summer lull to show how much of a pointless, cheap-seat issues it actually is/was.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 11:57:17 PM »

Is there evidence Trump required stenographers to be hired by the groups in question to document his speeches?

If not, transcripts exist for only one candidate. Clinton clearly said when "everybody does it", she would as well. Everybody else has done it!

I also hope you're joking with regard to "tax returns" and the placement of commas in that sentence as if it's a package deal. That'll probably be her fall-back, though.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 12:24:49 AM »

Hillary has a history of scandals and questionable ethics, but her Goldman Sachs speeches are not one of them. There's no good reason for her to release the transcripts.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 01:00:52 AM »

This is obviously a non-issue, but I'm honestly a little disappointed in Hillary. Not really for giving paid speeches to Goldman Sachs, but for (1) not anticipating that that would be a campaign issue, and (2) not preparing an adequate response and consistently giving the dumbest possible answers when asked about this. That "when everybody does it" answer in the debate was bad, and it so obviously teed up Sanders for the obvious witty retort that any competent debater would have seen coming a mile away.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 01:14:32 AM »

There's probably worse than the 47% comments in them. We already know she blamed the homeowners for the Great Recession.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 01:18:06 AM »

No. But she should.

I bet Trump will be all over this.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 01:33:12 AM »

There's probably worse than the 47% comments in them. We already know she blamed the homeowners for the Great Recession.

Acknowledging the role that certain homeowners played in causing the Great Recession is not the same as blaming them for it, and I really doubt she would say anything too bad in these speeches. Though, that is why I'd prefer she just release them so we can be done with it.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2016, 02:12:11 AM »

Acknowledging the role that certain homeowners played in causing the Great Recession is not the same as blaming them for it, and I really doubt she would say anything too bad in these speeches. Though, that is why I'd prefer she just release them so we can be done with it.

In the video that I assume jfail is referring to, Clinton was quite accurate in her assessment of how certain homeowners taking out second and third mortgages were partially responsible for their own predicaments and the subprime mortgage crisis. Of course, the clip he likely saw was an edited 14 second soundbyte from a 30 minute speech in which Clinton lays a lot of the blame on the mortgage companies and the securities industry, but we can't expect people to go to the source for information or ask questions beyond a 15 second sound byte.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2016, 02:15:07 AM »

I do not believe the public will ever see any of these transcripts.

They could be leaked, but not ever released by Hillary.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 02:16:12 AM »

One of the speeches in question is available online and can be viewed at any time, so there are only two speeches that we don't know the exact contents of, though IIRC Politico did a piece using information from people there about the contents a few months back.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 02:21:21 AM »

One of the speeches in question is available online and can be viewed at any time, so there are only two speeches that we don't know the exact contents of, though IIRC Politico did a piece using information from people there about the contents a few months back.

But was this transcript released by the Hillary campaign or by someone else?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 02:37:15 AM »

She likely made some friendly overtures to her audience which would be completely blown out of proportion by the media and cause too many headaches for it to be worth it. As someone else said, she may dump them in the summer lull and then it'll be old news by the conventions.

I do find it amusing (though not surprising) that the media has harassed her far more over these transcripts than they did for Romney and his tax returns (or Bernie's and Trump's, for that matter.) You know, even though paid speech transcripts are not an expectation while tax returns always have been. Typical double standards from the sexist media.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 05:54:29 AM »

But was this transcript released by the Hillary campaign or by someone else?

It was a public speech, and obviously not the topic of this thread.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 06:18:50 AM »

She likely made some friendly overtures to her audience which would be completely blown out of proportion by the media and cause too many headaches for it to be worth it. As someone else said, she may dump them in the summer lull and then it'll be old news by the conventions.

I do find it amusing (though not surprising) that the media has harassed her far more over these transcripts than they did for Romney and his tax returns (or Bernie's and Trump's, for that matter.) You know, even though paid speech transcripts are not an expectation while tax returns always have been. Typical double standards from the sexist media.

Reading the replies in here are disgusting.  Supporting the notion that Hillary sucking up to the blood suckers on wallstreet which have did nothing but enrich themselves off the backs of main street Americans is acceptable ... give me a break.      Some of you in here sound as if you were invited to 800$ plates.

She should release the tapes afterall you guys were all over Mitts 47%
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2016, 12:12:36 PM »

No. But she should. However, I will only help TRUMP.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2016, 01:16:49 PM »

Maybe she'll dump it during the GOP convention.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2016, 06:18:34 PM »

Reading the replies in here are disgusting.  Supporting the notion that Hillary sucking up to the blood suckers on wallstreet which have did nothing but enrich themselves off the backs of main street Americans is acceptable ... give me a break.      Some of you in here sound as if you were invited to 800$ plates.

Don't expect consistency from this crowd. Atlas is apparently an echo chamber for the Hillary Clinton supporters; any ideas other than those of that group will be met with name calling and rock throwing. Not exactly a place for the exchange of political ideas or the answering of questions.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2016, 07:50:13 PM »

Don't expect consistency from this crowd. Atlas is apparently an echo chamber for the Hillary Clinton supporters; any ideas other than those of that group will be met with name calling and rock throwing. Not exactly a place for the exchange of political ideas or the answering of questions.

What from mine or IceSpear's posts suggest the use of name calling and rock throwing?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2016, 10:54:30 PM »

This forum is more pro-Hillary than others but it is not the echo chamber you speak of. If you want to see an echo chamber, go over to the Daily Kos comments section. That is an echo chamber. Atlas is not even close. You are just exaggerating on an absurd level. People are going to disagree with you on things, so just accept that instead of trashing this forum, please.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies