Ann Coulter: Trump could crush the EC with slight increase in white vote in MW (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:23:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Ann Coulter: Trump could crush the EC with slight increase in white vote in MW (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ann Coulter: Trump could crush the EC with slight increase in white vote in MW  (Read 1138 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 08, 2016, 05:33:30 PM »

Month old article, but how many agree with her analysis?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/04/01/ann_coulter_trump_could_crush_the_electoral_college_by_slightly_increasing_the_white_vote_in_the_industrial_midwest.html

[quote]Where [Trump] needs to win is the industrial midwest, some of the purple states on the coast, and contrary to what the media has been telling us -- Thanks to this guy Stuart Stevens who lost a winnable campaign in 2012, they have this idea there are no more white votes to be had.

Romney lost the white vote. Or nearly lost the white vote in ten major purple states.

Michigan, Ohio, Minnesota, Iowa, N.H., Maine, Illinois, Colorado, have I named ten yet?

[Editor's note: Pennsylvania and Wisconsin?]

If Trump can slightly increase the white vote in these big industrial states in the midwest.

And by the way, Maine went for Ross Perot, I think Trump will be popular there.

All he needs is a handful of states.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 05:38:58 PM »

Not IL and ME.

Swing states:
CO, FL, IA, MI, MN, VA, NH, OH, PA, WI?

ME could vote LePage but not Trump?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 06:59:45 PM »

Clinton was leading the election pretty decisively July through early October when Perot dropped back in. At the time the Bush camp was elated since they figured they would be able to draw even with Clinton, though after the election they blamed Perot for his loss. When you look at Dukakis states like IA & WI, it's clear Perot hurt Clinton just as much as Bush.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies