VA-02: Rep. Randy Forbes (R) Facing Competitive Primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:52:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-02: Rep. Randy Forbes (R) Facing Competitive Primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-02: Rep. Randy Forbes (R) Facing Competitive Primary  (Read 1941 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2016, 06:05:12 PM »
« edited: May 08, 2016, 06:09:41 PM by Frodo »

Internal Poll: Virginia District Switcher Facing Competitive Primary  

Simone Pathé
Posted at May 5, 2016 2:00 PM

You must be logged in to read this quote.

- See more at: http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/internal-poll-opponent-carpetbagger-candidate-may-competitive#sthash.tblbQKK8.dpuf
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 07:51:40 PM »

Let's hope they bloody each other so that a Dem can step in an take the seat on election day. The likely Democratic nominee is some activist named Shaun Brown, but doesn't appear to have any online presence. Seems like a strong candidate for the DNC parachuting in some resources to help out.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 02:19:39 PM »

I'm stationed in the Hampton Roads area and Randy Forbes is one of the few Republican congressmen that I actually like. He is for having a strong Navy. I'm probably going to support him.

Scott Taylor is criticizing Forbes for not living in the district even though there is not much of a difference between Chesapeake and Virginia Beach. It's not like when Hillary Clinton carpetbagged into New York when running for the Senate.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 02:52:58 PM »

I'm stationed in the Hampton Roads area and Randy Forbes is one of the few Republican congressmen that I actually like. He is for having a strong Navy. I'm probably going to support him.

Scott Taylor is criticizing Forbes for not living in the district even though there is not much of a difference between Chesapeake and Virginia Beach. It's not like when Hillary Clinton carpetbagged into New York when running for the Senate.

The same guy who said that Republicans shouldn't give money to gay Republican candidates because they're gay? Yeah, sounds like a really likeable guy.

Boot him, Virginia.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 03:27:55 PM »

Go Forbes!  He is a good congressman, and has seniority on the Armed Forces Committee.  I hope he wins reelection.  He moved to the neighboring district becaus his old (Republican gerrymandered) district was redistricted into a heavily Black, Democratic district.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 04:33:01 PM »

The same guy who said that Republicans shouldn't give money to gay Republican candidates because they're gay? Yeah, sounds like a really likeable guy.

Boot him, Virginia.

Did Forbes actually say that? If so, I might have to cross him off of my short list of Republican congressmen that I actually like. Do I need to cross off Dave Brat and Scott Rigell too?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 04:36:37 PM »

Boot him, Virginia.

Did Forbes actually say that? If so, I might have to cross him off of my short list of Republican congressmen that I actually like. Do I need to cross off Dave Brat and Scott Rigell too?

Brat? Yes. He ran to the RIGHT of ERIC CANTOR.

Rigell is #NEVERTRUMP. He's fine.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 05:09:18 PM »

Rigell is retiring.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 12:42:11 PM »

Let's hope they bloody each other so that a Dem can step in an take the seat on election day. The likely Democratic nominee is some activist named Shaun Brown, but doesn't appear to have any online presence. Seems like a strong candidate for the DNC parachuting in some resources to help out.

Sorry Ebsy, the ever incompetent VA-2 folks couldn't find a single recruit. The Dems are running Shaun "Kool Beans" Brown.  F[inks] this gay earth.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 12:48:57 PM »

Just look at his website. WHAT THE HOLY HELL!

http://koolbeansbrownforcongress.com/
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 01:15:27 PM »

^ WTH? He bought a header of a business database?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 05:03:36 PM »

Taylor is one of the worst people I've seen on Book TV. He's basically Chris Kyle but more annoying and maybe more of a liar. 
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 05:55:02 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2016, 06:03:18 PM by Zioneer »

Boot him, Virginia.

The "no gay candidates" guy was actually Scott Garrett from New Jersey. His district is actually pretty socially liberal, and his pro-business Democrat opponent is getting literally millions of dollars in donations from pro-LGBT Republicans.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 06:07:44 PM »

Boot him, Virginia.

The "no gay candidates" guy was actually Scott Garrett from New Jersey. His district is actually pretty socially liberal, and his pro-business Democrat opponent is getting literally millions of dollars in donations from pro-LGBT Republicans.
Just looked him up. His district, NJ-05, is R+4 on Cook, and he's been the incumbent for a good while. It strikes me as a classic fiscally conservative, socially liberal, Northeastern Suburban "Rockefeller Republican" district. With Trump as the GOP nominee, I can see him falling.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 09:41:46 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2016, 10:21:40 AM by Kevin »

Boot him, Virginia.

Really?

I could have sworn it was actually Bob Goodlatte. Randy Forbe's fellow Virginian and also another senior member of Congress.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 10:20:10 PM »

Guys, let's be real! It can be all three of them! #Just2016GOPThings
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 10:22:04 PM »

Boot him, Virginia.

Actually he's right. While Garrett got more flak for his remarks, Forbes also stated that he was uncomfortable with the NRCC donating to gay Republicans.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 10:54:27 AM »

Its a shame that the Democratic candidate is such a dud.  Couldn't they at least have gotten some random state representative to run?  VA-02 would be a very good pickup opportunity.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 05:02:50 PM »

Boot him, Virginia.

Actually he's right. While Garrett got more flak for his remarks, Forbes also stated that he was uncomfortable with the NRCC donating to gay Republicans.

Ah, well then, they're both terrible.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies