Rand Paul to endorse Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:10:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rand Paul to endorse Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rand Paul to endorse Trump?  (Read 1766 times)
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2016, 06:58:59 AM »

http://reason.com/blog/2016/05/06/rand-paul-will-endorse-donald-trump-the

Ok, any respect for him I had just went out the window. Definitely not the man his father is!
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 07:08:52 AM »

Good stuff.

The republicans wont win unless they join brand 'Trump'.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 08:08:49 AM »

Good stuff.

The republicans wont win unless they join brand 'Trump'.

Fixed.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 11:27:36 AM »

No Republican senator running for reelection can shun Trump, lest they face a backlash from his voters in November.
Reginald
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 11:29:20 AM »

Yeah, ol' Ron really needs to give his errant son a good talking-to, because that Gospel of Liberty is looking awfully shoddy.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 11:34:51 AM »

Gross. No wonder 0% of his dad's supporters stuck with him.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 03:31:25 PM »

The guy who had serious reservations about the Civil Rights Act, thinks businesses have the right not to serve people based on their race, and employed the "Southern Avenger" might endorse the guy who wants to build a wall on the border and impose a shutdown of Muslims entering America?

Shocking.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 04:04:53 PM »

Ben Sasse has more integrity than him. Shame.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 04:45:48 PM »

Does anyone care about Rand Paul anymore?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 05:16:59 PM »

Let's dispel with the fiction that Paul is anything more than a partisan Republican.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 05:51:18 PM »

Absolutely disgraceful. Crap like this underscores the the idea that the entire party itself is broken and close to being unsalvageable.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 05:54:38 PM »

Republican Senator endorses Republican candidate for president. How shameful.

Didn't Rand Paul dedicate his life to stopping Trump?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 08:31:29 PM »

It's frustrating, but not all that surprising. Someone endorsing their party's nominee may not always be principled or consistent, but it's kind of what everyone else does. But this is one of the reasons, as much as I like Rand, I like his dad better.

Rand is a Republican first, Ron is a libertarian first. That's the key difference. Sort of like Bob Dole talking about how Cruz is a "conservative" before a "Republican." I like that. Ideology > party.

The guy who had serious reservations about the Civil Rights Act, thinks businesses have the right not to serve people based on their race, and employed the "Southern Avenger" might endorse the guy who wants to build a wall on the border and impose a shutdown of Muslims entering America?

I generally enjoy your posting, but please refrain from peddling slanderous bullsh**t that Rand Paul is a racist because he doesn't believe in the ridiculous mularkey that government can cure bigotry by taking control of who businesses can serve or not. I'll also clarify that he only objected to part of the Civil Rights Act, for small government reasons, not racism.

Sorry, but I'm really sick of this idea that someone is a racist--which is a terrible thing to call a person if it isn't true--if they don't believe in the cult of almighty government (an institution that has directly caused so much racism and hatred throughout history) as a fairy that can magically solve every problem. It's equivalent to religious people saying you must be religious to have morality.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 09:20:06 PM »

Someone endorsing their party's nominee may not always be principled or consistent, but it's kind of what everyone else does.

Not this time.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 09:23:01 PM »

Rand is definitely NOT his father....shame.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 09:26:35 PM »

Yes. They fled to Trump's campaign because he reflects Ron's racist newsletters and scam artistry far better than Rand Paul's limb attempt to actually become President.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 09:27:29 PM »

Yes. They fled to Trump's campaign because he reflects Ron's newsletters and scam artistry far better than Rand Paul's limb attempt to actually become President.

I literally have yet to meet a Ron supporter IRL that supports Trump, they are on team Bernie or were on team Cruz and now on Team LP
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 09:30:42 PM »

Yes. They fled to Trump's campaign because he reflects Ron's racist newsletters and scam artistry far better than Rand Paul's limb attempt to actually become President.

One barely racist comment like two decades before that likely he didn't even write. Get over it, SJW.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 09:38:59 PM »

Good Grief.

This is Ron Paul's son?Huh
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 09:40:25 PM »

I generally enjoy your posting, but please refrain from peddling slanderous bullsh**t that Rand Paul is a racist because he doesn't believe in the ridiculous mularkey that government can cure bigotry by taking control of who businesses can serve or not. I'll also clarify that he only objected to part of the Civil Rights Act, for small government reasons, not racism.

Sorry, but I'm really sick of this idea that someone is a racist--which is a terrible thing to call a person if it isn't true--if they don't believe in the cult of almighty government (an institution that has directly caused so much racism and hatred throughout history) as a fairy that can magically solve every problem. It's equivalent to religious people saying you must be religious to have morality.

I have no idea if Rand Paul is a racist in his heart of hearts, nor Donald Trump for that matter. I suspect they, like 99% of humanity, fall somewhere in between Abraham Luther Gandhi Jr. and David Duke in that regard. You're right that he objected to only part of the Civil Rights Act for "small government" reasons - but the specific part he objected to was whether the government's duty to ensure equal protection supersedes the right of business owners to deny service specifically on racial grounds. Just as Donald Trump can support building a wall on the border with Mexico purely to fight drugs, crime, and rape, and not at all to pander to racial resentment of Hispanics.

My point was that Paul, like Trump play the same games of pandering to resentful whites. And lest you think I'm biased, I admit Hillary definitely made some of the same overtures in '08, and Sanders has tried from time to time to do the same as well. Furthermore, I'll give Rand Paul credit for trying to pull a fast one and also pander to black students at Howard University simultaneously as he employed the Southern Avenger and defended him from media attacks.

Also, since I've been being pretty negative on Libertarians recently, I want to make clear: I have no beef with libertarianism, and I can embrace a heck of a lot more about it than I can of conservatism. I just think the Libertarian Party, and to some extent the libertarian movement as it currently stands is just kind of sad in a funny way - a bit like Jeb Bush for the last few months of his campaign.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 11:14:06 PM »

You guys forget that Rand promised to endorse the GOP nominee, this is good character.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 05:17:23 AM »

This is why Rubio, Graham, Bush, Sasse, and Ryan are better.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2016, 10:52:48 AM »

You guys forget that Rand promised to endorse the GOP nominee, this is good character.

No, it was a stupid promise. Good character isn't a good thing if it forces you to make a bad choice.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2016, 10:55:18 AM »

One barely racist comment like two decades before that likely he didn't even write. Get over it, SJW.

lol "one barely racist comment" shows you haven't even looked at the issue.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies