Rand Paul to endorse Trump? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:56:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rand Paul to endorse Trump? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rand Paul to endorse Trump?  (Read 1829 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: May 09, 2016, 08:31:29 PM »

It's frustrating, but not all that surprising. Someone endorsing their party's nominee may not always be principled or consistent, but it's kind of what everyone else does. But this is one of the reasons, as much as I like Rand, I like his dad better.

Rand is a Republican first, Ron is a libertarian first. That's the key difference. Sort of like Bob Dole talking about how Cruz is a "conservative" before a "Republican." I like that. Ideology > party.

The guy who had serious reservations about the Civil Rights Act, thinks businesses have the right not to serve people based on their race, and employed the "Southern Avenger" might endorse the guy who wants to build a wall on the border and impose a shutdown of Muslims entering America?

I generally enjoy your posting, but please refrain from peddling slanderous bullsh**t that Rand Paul is a racist because he doesn't believe in the ridiculous mularkey that government can cure bigotry by taking control of who businesses can serve or not. I'll also clarify that he only objected to part of the Civil Rights Act, for small government reasons, not racism.

Sorry, but I'm really sick of this idea that someone is a racist--which is a terrible thing to call a person if it isn't true--if they don't believe in the cult of almighty government (an institution that has directly caused so much racism and hatred throughout history) as a fairy that can magically solve every problem. It's equivalent to religious people saying you must be religious to have morality.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies