Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:30:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20
Author Topic: Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET)  (Read 17008 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2016, 06:54:36 PM »
« edited: May 10, 2016, 06:56:13 PM by HockeyDude »

How smug, and you didn't answer the question.

Not that you could, but if you asked people that know me it's long been my position that I'd rather be independent but NJ's primary system made it convenient to stay registered as one.  

Now, I've found enough reason to make it official.  Have you seen my avatar?  It's fairly green.

If you read the blockquote, I wasn't even the person you were replying to. So I have no idea why you posed the question to me.

What is the reason you changed it, if not because Sanders lost?

Anyway, see you back on the D ship in a few years. Wink

Nope.  It's why and how.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-abramson/clinton-and-the-dnc-are-not-just-colluding----theyre-changing-the-rules-for-superdelegates_b_9876274.html

Simply, the validation of existing reservations with the party.  And, of course, my former party ditching economic progressivism in favor of turning back to the Clintons for the foreseeable future.  That's a biggie.

I've never read such a long article that stated absolutely nothing of value. Typical from Seth Abramson, H.A. Goodman's mini-me.

Hillary Clinton will win by hundreds of elected delegates and millions of votes. Superdelegates, as always, will be irrelevant. What exactly is the problem here?

Ah... of course you do not see.  My problem is that the party has a system that fancies itself democratic but allows party elites to declare their support before a vote is cast.  And that it was like... 500 to 10 out of the gates between Hillary Clinton and the most leftist Senator in Congress was startling to someone who, as a Democrat, was on the far left edge of the party.  Tells me that the party is far to the right of me.  

Not to mention I am and always have been the type to be drawn to the outsider.  It's very much an INSIDER party.  I do not fit, and will no longer try to.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2016, 06:55:02 PM »

I hope this bodes well for Sanders in Kentucky
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2016, 06:55:37 PM »

I feel like the protest vote might end up being underestimated by the exit. I guess we'll see soon enough.

You know...it'd definitely be possible if they were doing entrance polls instead of exit polls (people walking in who expect to pull a GOP ballot but find out once inside that they're still registered Dems).
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2016, 06:56:52 PM »

If Sanders wins by as much as the exit polls are suggesting, I'd definitely re-evaluate Kentucky, at the least.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2016, 06:57:31 PM »

Not that you could, but if you asked people that know me it's long been my position that I'd rather be independent but NJ's primary system made it convenient to stay registered as one.  

Now, I've found enough reason to make it official.  Have you seen my avatar?  It's fairly green.

If you read the blockquote, I wasn't even the person you were replying to. So I have no idea why you posed the question to me.

Nope.  It's why and how.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-abramson/clinton-and-the-dnc-are-not-just-colluding----theyre-changing-the-rules-for-superdelegates_b_9876274.html

Simply, the validation of existing reservations with the party.  And, of course, my former party ditching economic progressivism in favor of turning back to the Clintons for the foreseeable future.  That's a biggie.

I've never read such a long article that stated absolutely nothing of value. Typical from Seth Abramson, H.A. Goodman's mini-me.

Hillary Clinton will win by hundreds of elected delegates and millions of votes. Superdelegates, as always, will be irrelevant. What exactly is the problem here?

Ah... of course you do not see.  My problem is that the party has a system that fancies itself democratic but allows party elites to declare their support before a vote is cast.  And that it was like... 500 to 10 out of the gates between Hillary Clinton and the most leftist Senator in Congress was startling to someone who, as a Democrat, was on the far left edge of the party.  Tells me that the party is far to the right of me.  

Fair enough, but it will have no impact on the result, so who cares? I could understand leaving the party if the superdelegates overturned the result, but who really cares if they're just a rubber stamp? They likely would've switched to Bernie if he won, just like they switched to Obama in 2008.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2016, 06:57:53 PM »

Now, I've found enough reason to make it official.  Have you seen my avatar?  It's fairly green.

Nope.  It's why and how.  

In all fairness...Seth Abramson is a dumbass. I wrote a 2,500-word post debunking every single claim he made in his little "Why Bernie Sanders Is Winning the Democratic Primary" piece. Everything I've seen from him since is either factually inaccurate or pie-in-the-sky subjective commentary. He's a literature professor: not a political scientist,consultant or anything relevant to this broader topic.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2016, 07:00:53 PM »

Some results now in according to CNN.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2016, 07:01:14 PM »

Clinton - 51
Sanders - 41

lol
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2016, 07:01:16 PM »

Hillary by 50.1 to 41.3 according to initial results
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2016, 07:01:21 PM »

Clinton ahead! Cheesy
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2016, 07:01:22 PM »

I feel like the protest vote might end up being underestimated by the exit. I guess we'll see soon enough.

It may be skewed depending on how the exit poll question is phrased.  Do they just ask "Did you vote for Clinton or Sanders?", or do they read a list of all the candidates, even the cranks?  Or do they not read a list at all, and ask the respondent to volunteer the name, without prompting them with a list?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2016, 07:02:04 PM »

Nope.  It's why and how.  

In all fairness...Seth Abramson is a dumbass. I wrote a 2,500-word post debunking every single claim he made in his little "Why Bernie Sanders Is Winning the Democratic Primary" piece. Everything I've seen from him since is either factually inaccurate or pie-in-the-sky subjective commentary. He's a literature professor: not a political scientist,consultant or anything relevant to this broader topic.

I'm not really endorsing all of the man's views, just the major point of that article, being that the super-delegates lined up immediately... and if you use the "Sanders is an independent" thing, there were several actual Dems in the race and she'd basically had all of them already.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2016, 07:02:32 PM »

What if she wins? MSNBC has to pull it back lol
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2016, 07:02:44 PM »

Not sure if anyone has pointed it out yet, but Bernie Sanders could theoretically get 2/3 of the delegates or so despite only getting 50-55% of the overall vote (this is assuming that none of the protest candidates reach viability).

57/85 = 67%
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2016, 07:02:47 PM »

Aren't you an enthusiastic Hillary supporter now? lol

I want Sanders supporters to remain insufferable for a while longer.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2016, 07:03:43 PM »

Its probably just early/absentee votes.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2016, 07:04:32 PM »

It's absentee ballots from lazy ass geezers who worship clinton.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2016, 07:04:52 PM »

It's absentee ballots from lazy ass geezers and minorities who worship clinton.

Woah there...
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2016, 07:04:58 PM »

Farrell is at 4.9% so far, is he the choice of the protest voters? We'll see!
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #194 on: May 10, 2016, 07:05:57 PM »

Elitism strikes again of course, surpassing Thatcherities on coal and miners.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2016, 07:08:33 PM »

Mods plz ban
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2016, 07:09:26 PM »

Mods plz ban

Meh, at least it isn't racist any more.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #197 on: May 10, 2016, 07:09:32 PM »

Guys, I think I can explain the weirdness from WV Sandersbots.

Most of WV despises Hillary now, so they are prob protest voting for Sanders since he's not Hillary. That or they are drunk. Idk.

#WVPolitics
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: May 10, 2016, 07:11:04 PM »

Clinton now leads by 1 one vote.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #199 on: May 10, 2016, 07:11:10 PM »

40 minutes in and 1 precinct is reporting.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies