Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:11:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
Author Topic: Democratic WV primary + NE fake contest results thread (1st polls close @7:30ET)  (Read 17003 times)
BundouYMB

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: May 10, 2016, 09:10:09 PM »

I'll proudly celebrate Clinton winning the Nebraska election where most people were actually allowed to vote.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #376 on: May 10, 2016, 09:10:44 PM »

I bet Hillary has a good chance of winning in my state.

South Dakota? No. The only reason Hillary is winning Nebraska is because it awarded 0 delegates, so Bernie's campaign had no reason to care.

Agreed. However, it does make me think he's not a total lock in SD, which I would've thought yesterday.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #377 on: May 10, 2016, 09:10:58 PM »

I'll proudly celebrate Clinton winning the Nebraska election where most people were actually allowed to vote.

Bravo! My thoughts exactly, friend.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #378 on: May 10, 2016, 09:11:05 PM »

hahaha terrific! The Woman Card prevails in Nebraska!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #379 on: May 10, 2016, 09:11:22 PM »

lets hope that DWS does the right thing and refuses to seat Bernie's NE delegates after the people of Nebraska, when given a fair and democratic opportunity to do so, overwhelmingly reject him!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #380 on: May 10, 2016, 09:13:18 PM »

Nobody cares about FakeNebraska.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #381 on: May 10, 2016, 09:14:02 PM »

Hello, Sarah Palin!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #382 on: May 10, 2016, 09:14:09 PM »

Uh, the delegates are selected by the state party, who declared the primary irrelevant. So it's either seat the pro-Bernie delegation or kick the state of Nebraska out of the convention.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #383 on: May 10, 2016, 09:16:02 PM »

lets hope that DWS does the right thing and refuses to seat Bernie's NE delegates after the people of Nebraska, when given a fair and democratic opportunity to do so, overwhelmingly reject him!

This would actually be a good way to abolish caucuses in the future. Just dictate that any states that have them will count for no delegates, or their delegates get cut in half. Iowa can be an exception because of muh traditionz.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #384 on: May 10, 2016, 09:16:33 PM »

Yeah, it's obvious where this thread is going.

Good night, everyone.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #385 on: May 10, 2016, 09:16:42 PM »

Man, some of you Clinton folks are really something. Your candidate is winning the nomination, and you're still salty because a win in a contest with nothing at stake isn't actually counted instead of the contest which did have delegates at stake (and these rules were set in place long ago.) And yet the Bernie folks who complain about the rules in New York are out of line. Heh. I'm glad that I can be content with my candidate winning many contests, but still coming up short. It must be tiring being so unhappy while your candidate is winning because you have to come up with a list of excuses for each contest your candidate doesn't win.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #386 on: May 10, 2016, 09:18:29 PM »

Man, some of you Clinton folks are really something. Your candidate is winning the nomination, and you're still salty because a win in a contest with nothing at stake isn't actually counted instead of the contest which did have delegates at stake (and these rules were set in place long ago.) And yet the Bernie folks who complain about the rules in New York are out of line. Heh. I'm glad that I can be content with my candidate winning many contests, but still coming up short. It must be tiring being so unhappy while your candidate is winning because you have to come up with a list of excuses for each contest your candidate doesn't win.
No, the reason many of them do it is to see reactions like this.  I know myself that this is funny to me.  They love seeing this salt being thrown at them. 
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #387 on: May 10, 2016, 09:20:40 PM »

This would actually be a good way to abolish caucuses in the future. Just dictate that any states that have them will count for no delegates, or their delegates get cut in half. Iowa can be an exception because of muh traditionz.

I'm up for getting rid of caucuses in exchange for every state going to open primaries or at worst modified open/closed.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #388 on: May 10, 2016, 09:21:07 PM »

Clinton's lead is shrinking in Nebraska, but not very quickly.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #389 on: May 10, 2016, 09:23:09 PM »

No, the reason many of them do it is to see reactions like this.  I know myself that this is funny to me.  They love seeing this salt being thrown at them. 

I'm not salty. I've accepted that Sanders isn't winning the nomination, and I'm not angry about it. I do know that if there was a non-binding caucus (lol) in a state like Connecticut, and Sanders won by double digits, I wouldn't go around screaming that Sanders actually won CT. I've gotten over the fact that Clinton won the nomination. Surely they can get over the fact that Sanders won NE, and the beauty contest is irrelevant.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #390 on: May 10, 2016, 09:23:29 PM »

I'm up for getting rid of caucuses in exchange for every state going to open primaries or at worst modified open/closed.

I'm hoping this happens at the DNC this year. Bernie is clearly going to push for more open primaries at the convention along with reducing the amount of superdelegates, and DWS and the Clintonites clearly want to nix caucuses. It would be a great compromise.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #391 on: May 10, 2016, 09:25:27 PM »

Clinton is in third place in Mingo County, WV, with all precincts reporting.  Assuming the early vote has also been counted, Farrell beat her there.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #392 on: May 10, 2016, 09:25:40 PM »

Farrell beat Clinton in Mingo County.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #393 on: May 10, 2016, 09:26:35 PM »

This is an election forum, why is it so weird to be interested in a state that held both a primary and a caucus, especially when the results of both are dramatically different?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #394 on: May 10, 2016, 09:26:44 PM »

Could Farrell crack 10%? He's approaching 9%. Judd is still beating O'Malley.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #395 on: May 10, 2016, 09:27:18 PM »

I'm hoping this happens at the DNC this year. Bernie is clearly going to push for more open primaries at the convention along with reducing the amount of superdelegates, and DWS and the Clintonites clearly want to nix caucuses. It would be a great compromise.

Luckily it sounds like Colorado, Maine, and Minnesota are all moving towards going to a primary.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #396 on: May 10, 2016, 09:29:24 PM »

Looks like it'll be a county sweep for Sanders. Hillary's only ahead by 18 votes in Berkeley county. I guess I can stop pretending to care so much that Sanders won here. Tongue I'm still hoping to see a 2008-2016 trend map for Indiana, but the trend map for this state will look ridiculous. This state trended against Hillary more than Vermont did. People here really hate Obama...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #397 on: May 10, 2016, 09:30:29 PM »

Open primaries in all 50 states is a horrible idea. You'd have Republicans picking our nominee in years without competitive GOP primaries.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #398 on: May 10, 2016, 09:32:26 PM »

Open primaries in all 50 states is a horrible idea. You'd have Republicans picking our nominee in years without competitive GOP primaries.

That never happens in states where there are open primaries. Half the states in the country don't even have party registration.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #399 on: May 10, 2016, 09:32:49 PM »

I bet Hillary has a good chance of winning in my state.

I'm thinking this too if the Nebraska primary is any indication. I'd love a map of the Democratic primary though, every site just has the Democratic caucus and GOP primary results.
Here is a map here
http://electionresults.sos.ne.gov/resultsSW.aspx?text=Race&type=PRS&map=CTY

you can see county + precinct breakdown as well 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies