Democratic WV state senate candidate gets beaten up and nearly killed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:42:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democratic WV state senate candidate gets beaten up and nearly killed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Democratic WV state senate candidate gets beaten up and nearly killed  (Read 4247 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2016, 09:53:40 PM »

Ojeda, for the record, won his primary against the incumbent.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2016, 10:22:15 PM »

I think he might go on to higher office.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2016, 10:28:33 PM »

I think he might go on to higher office.
Here's hoping, I want to give him money after what he's been through.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2016, 05:05:28 AM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2016, 05:10:18 AM »

The candidate who got beaten up just won in a landslide.

But but but West Virginia is terrible!!!!!!!!
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 05:59:22 AM »

A candidate gets viciously attacked, and all you can talk about is how horrible West Virginia is?

West Virginia is the new Oklahoma on here. Just watch, its going to get worse.

And then people are wondering why Democrats get crushed among White voters lol

No one cares.

Well, good luck ever winning Congress back without White voters.

Conservatives/Republicans really have no room to talk about winning elections when it comes to demographics. Just saying.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 11:40:32 AM »

Hey all, that was a Dem primary that the candidate got beaten up in, likely by loyalists of the incumbent Dem State Sen. So let's read the article before we go on a bizarre and really awful elitist rant.

You all are aware that there's a country outside of the major metros, right?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 12:15:31 PM »

Why get enough elected officials to enact policy you care about when you could keep talking about how elite and awesome your coalition is??  LOL.

Hey, I mean it's good for Republicans. With that attitude, Democrats will be staring into oblivion at the congressional and statewide level for a very long time. Smiley

Totally, I mean it's not like Republicans ever write off places like San Francisco and New York, or in the case of one poster here, New Hampshire. Wink
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 12:38:59 PM »

Yeah, but for the party of the disenfranchised to write off the disenfranchised because they have some beliefs the coastal/urban party elite doesn't like is A) bad electorally and B) moral hypocrisy of the highest order.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 12:52:03 PM »

I think I'd rather have poor Appalachian counties than rich suburbs in my party. Probably most policies are enacted by the states, where rural areas dominate the legislatures. And wasn't it the rich suburbs that fueled the DLC ruining the Democrats in the first place?
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 12:53:50 PM »

I think I'd rather have poor Appalachian counties than rich suburbs in my party. Probably most policies are enacted by the states, where rural areas dominate the legislatures. And wasn't it the rich suburbs that fueled the DLC ruining the Democrats in the first place?

^this guy gets it.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 03:40:13 PM »

The candidate who got beaten up just won in a landslide.

But but but West Virginia is terrible!!!!!!!!

...is what you, Daily Kos, and the rest of the liberal blogosphere thought in 2008. Remember how they were all disgusting racists because Obama got destroyed there? Glad to see you've remained consistent. Smiley
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2016, 04:40:42 PM »

I hope if Hillary wins we can make West Virginia our new nuclear waste disposal area. It's certainly more deserving than poor Yucca Mountain. We can rename it Waste Virginia.

If the Democrats are serious about claiming any degree of moral superiority over the Republicans at all, this cannot be the party's attitude towards any part of the country, regardless of how much reason there is to dislike the people living there. The American left cannot turn into Margaret Thatcher deliberately pursuing policies that will hurt unsympathetic demographics and justifying it with 'they are not our people'. It is neither morally justifiable nor, in the final analysis, politically efficacious.

THIS
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 04:57:55 PM »

Atlas has really been exposing a lot of liberal hypocrisy lately.  The GOP isn't out there advertising itself as this undisputed champion of the people, even if it uses populist appeals to certain groups.  Democrats couldn't care less about entire groups (and neither could Republicans, but they don't pretend otherwise); their ideology has pretty much evolved to "Republicans are ing stupid, and if you don't agree, you can  off because you're as stupid as them."
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2016, 05:04:34 PM »

Atlas has really been exposing a lot of liberal hypocrisy lately.  The GOP isn't out there advertising itself as this undisputed champion of the people, even if it uses populist appeals to certain groups.  Democrats couldn't care less about entire groups (and neither could Republicans, but they don't pretend otherwise); their ideology has pretty much evolved to "Republicans are ing stupid, and if you don't agree, you can  off because you're as stupid as them."

Atlas has also been exposing that they think bashing racists means you're being "elitist" against the "white working class." Why do people here assume all white working class people are racists? It's a very offensive insinuation.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2016, 05:32:41 PM »

Except not all West Virginians are racist. Judd was simply a protest candidate. Sure, I'd bet a few of his votes came from racism, but there were no exit polls, and if there were, I doubt Judd voters would say that 'race' is the issue they're most concerned about.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2016, 05:51:19 PM »

Except not all West Virginians are racist. Judd was simply a protest candidate. Sure, I'd bet a few of his votes came from racism, but there were no exit polls, and if there were, I doubt Judd voters would say that 'race' is the issue they're most concerned about.

As I said in another thread, of course not all of them are racist. But a substantial enough portion of them are for me to view the state overall in a negative light.
Panda Express

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2016, 06:34:16 PM »

IceSpear what if a really cute guy was flirting with you but then you found out he was from West Virginia?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2016, 11:15:49 PM »

IceSpear what if a really cute guy was flirting with you but then you found out he was from West Virginia?

I don't hate all West Virginians, just the terrible ones. Besides, since there's no way I'd step foot in West Virginia under any circumstances, I'd imagine that this hypothetical guy has relocated, in which case I'd welcome him as a refugee. Smiley
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2016, 11:22:03 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2016, 11:26:53 PM by BuckeyeNut »

I don't hate all West Virginians, just the terrible ones. Besides, since there's no way I'd step foot in West Virginia under any circumstances, I'd imagine that this hypothetical guy has relocated, in which case I'd welcome him as a refugee. Smiley
"I don't hate black people, I just hate *******."

You do see the irony of your statement, right?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2016, 11:39:16 PM »

West Virginian is not a race. lol
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2016, 08:41:01 AM »

I don't hate all Muslims...
Gog
Gog3451
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2016, 08:54:16 AM »

I hope if Hillary wins we can make West Virginia our new nuclear waste disposal area. It's certainly more deserving than poor Yucca Mountain. We can rename it Waste Virginia.

If the Democrats are serious about claiming any degree of moral superiority over the Republicans at all, this cannot be the party's attitude towards any part of the country, regardless of how much reason there is to dislike the people living there. The American left cannot turn into Margaret Thatcher deliberately pursuing policies that will hurt unsympathetic demographics and justifying it with 'they are not our people'. It is neither morally justifiable nor, in the final analysis, politically efficacious.

100% this. Just like many Republicans look down on people from cosmopolitan cities, lots of democrats look down on people from Appalachia and the Great Plains. It's sickening.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2016, 10:00:07 AM »

Missing the point entirely.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2016, 04:42:54 PM »

I don't hate all Muslims...

Only on the Atlas Forum would people compare disliking a state to racism or religious bigotry.

The boner you guys have for West Virginia is starting to get a little out of hand.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies