Trump's very consistent 42% in the polls.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:35:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump's very consistent 42% in the polls.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump's very consistent 42% in the polls.  (Read 691 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2016, 03:27:39 PM »

I'm noticing a trend recently.  While Hillary's numbers are all over the place (anywhere from 39% to 49%) in swing states and nationally, Trump is very consistently within a few points of 42%.  Here are some recent examples:

FL      42%      Qunnipiac
OH      43%      Qunnipiac
PA      42%      Qunnipiac
Gen.      41%      PPP
GA      41%      WSB/Landmark
NC      40%      Civitas

And a quick review of ALL the recent national polls, Trump reads 41, 41, 41, 40, 38, 39, 43, 41, 39, 40 , 41.  Clinton is all over the map.

Does Trump have a national ceiling?  I mean, he does really well in places where he obviously has an advantage (49% in Indiana, 57% in West Virginia), and really badly in places like Mass. and Vermont.  But have we reached Trump saturation?  Have all the people who are going to vote for him already made up their minds?  Are significant undecideds out there going to break Trump's way?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 03:49:32 PM »

I think there's definitely room to grow for him among undecided Republicans who currently dislike him. He can get up to 45 or 46%. Really hard to get beyond that.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 03:56:55 PM »

Probably the polls will get a lot more consistent after the conventions and once there's more polls out with "likely" voters.   I think Trump does have a hard ceiling at some point or another, not sure where though.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 03:59:58 PM »

I think there's definitely room to grow for him among undecided Republicans who currently dislike him. He can get up to 45 or 46%. Really hard to get beyond that.

Clinton has polled as high as 54, meanwhile, but that seems really high, even with significant portions of undecideds going her way.  Clinton 51, Trump 45 might be what we're headed for.

We've been bombarded by the media with SO MUCH Trump, I have this feeling everyone's already made up their mind on him.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 04:07:38 PM »

This is dangerously close to the Republican establishment saying HIS CEILING IS 35% or whatever they were saying for the longest time.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 04:28:09 PM »

It's still a very early stage and Trump, technically speaking, is yet to clinch the nomination. It will get narrower.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 04:47:20 PM »

If I had a nickel every time someone said Trump and ceiling in the same sentence.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 08:48:20 PM »

This is dangerously close to the Republican establishment saying HIS CEILING IS 35% or whatever they were saying for the longest time.

Yes. At some point, people will begin to acknowledge that the campaign being run by Donald Trump is a completely new animal, something that's never been seen before. Remember, we are still 6 months out; based on early polling done in previous years, a lot of movement can and will occur. And understand that absolutely nobody would have been willing to predict that Donald Trump would nail down being the presumptive GOP nominee ahead of Hillary Clinton being the presumptive Dem nominee. Nobody. So so much for all you prognosticators out there...
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 11:30:33 PM »

It kinda was until his nomination started to become an inevitability, and supporters of other candidates stopped showing up at the polls.  Primaries work like that. The general doesn't.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 12:54:03 AM »

Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 03:46:43 AM »

Looks like in blue collar states like WV more Bernie supporters would go for Trump than Clinton:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279430-nearly-half-of-sanders-voters-in-west-virginia-would-vote
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 04:38:18 AM »

WV is not a great example since it's a state full of Republican voting Democrats. The D primary had significantly higher turnout in spite of the state being safely GOP for the general.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies